The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love lamp?

and the titans kicker :wink:

but it pains me to say that I am rooting for the g-men today since i have a lot of cowboy fans and they pretty much need to shut up already.

Put a fork in the Giants, they are done. Goodbye Tom Coughlin, Tiki Barber, Michael Strahan and whatever confidence is left in Eli.

:tsk: How do you go down and tie the game then on the next play allow a huge pass that puts the Cowboys in field goal position? :tsk:

The Giants are not done, they still are tied for a Wild Card spot. If they beat the Panthers next week they are in the drivers seat.

Given DaveC's previous predicitons, I think the Giants are in good shape for a Superbowl run now.

I am trying to stay away, but I have to bitch about how pissed and depressed and SICK I feel after watching BOTH Mannings lose games in almost exactly the same way, especially at the very end. It was like a nightmare that kept replaying. (I am a Colts fan and a big Dallas hater) :mad: :scream: :down: :banghead: :barf: :censored:

I am so sick of hearing the gushing over fucking Romo, I don't even think about hating Brady anymore. I hope somebody drills his ass so hard and he fucks up so everybody will shut up about him already. The hype is nauseating :barf: And BTW he's NOT banging Jessica Simpson (I also find her overrated and annoying) because she is with John Mayer, as recently as Thanksgiving.

So now I'm going to go off and brood and be sick. Maybe I can find a stupid TV show on cable to watch that has no football updates so I can not have to hear about all this shit anymore :banghead:

cookie.jpg

U2Kitten said:

I am so sick of hearing the gushing over fucking Romo, I don't even think about hating Brady anymore. : And BTW he's NOT banging Jessica Simpson (I also find her overrated and annoying) because she is with John Mayer, as recently as Thanksgiving.

not hating on tom brady anymore? :drool: :drool: :drool:

jessica simpson is amazingly hot as well, even if she has the same iq as my pinky finger nail.

I'm surprised Gramatica didn't hurt himself celebrating after that game.

Regardless, how bout them Cowboys? Who wouldn't wanna be a Romosexual?

U2Kitten said:
And BTW he's NOT banging Jessica Simpson (I also find her overrated and annoying) because she is with John Mayer, as recently as Thanksgiving.

and we all know that celebrities are always faithful to one another when they're dating, married, etc. :wink:

StlElevation said:

and the titans kicker :wink:

Did you see that Fisher sent the punt team on and Dungy called a timeout? Then he (whatever his name is) goes and kicks a 60-yard FG!

Amazing!

The Colts defense F'ed that game away!

zoney! said:

Did you see that Fisher sent the punt team on and Dungy called a timeout? Then he (whatever his name is) goes and kicks a 60-yard FG!

Amazing!

smart move by fisher-

made the colts spend their last time out after they iced him a minute ago.

Screwtape2 said:

Yeah, someone explain to me the concept of icing the punter.

I am unfamiliar with this concept, but in the Florida-Arkansas game yesterday Florida coach Urban Meyer successfully iced an Arkansas punt returner.

Screwtape2 said:

Yeah, someone explain to me the concept of icing the punter.

he wasn't icing the punter. colts had the FG defense on the field and didnt have a return man setup as I understand it and caught Dungy off guard by bringing the punt team on. so dungy spent his last time out, and then fisher kicked a FG anyway.

by using their last time out, fisher ensured that pretty much if the FG was missed, manning wouldnt have a time out to work with so they would only have a hail mary to throw into the endzone and have no chance at a FG, as I understand it.

zonelistener said:
He has some young talent on that team.

Notably, a certain Black Jesus.

I'm roadtripping to Houston next weekend for the Titans/Texans game just to see VY.

zoney! said:

Amazing!

Tone E. Dungy....Super Genius.

Just let them punt even if your return unit isn't on the field.
Let the ball get downed or go into the endzone and go to OT.
What did he think he was gonna have a shot to win when the Titans were punting from the Colt 43?

He's as big a reason as Pey Pey as to why the Colts will never make, let alone win, a Superbowl.

San Diego will stumble at least once over the next 4 weeks.

The question is will the Colts stumble twice? I say its very likely, Jags and Bungles are both hot right now. (So if the Pats run the table, a bye can still happen)

Hewson said:
Tone E. Dungy....Super Genius.

Just let them punt even if your return unit isn't on the field.
Let the ball get downed or go into the endzone and go to OT.
What did he think he was gonna have a shot to win when the Titans were punting from the Colt 43?

indeed!

hindsight (the monday morning QB) has PERFECT vision of what to do! :D

U2Kitten said:
I am trying to stay away, but I have to bitch about how pissed and depressed and SICK I feel after watching BOTH Mannings lose games in almost exactly the same way, especially at the very end. It was like a nightmare that kept replaying. (I am a Colts fan and a big Dallas hater) :mad: :scream: :down: :banghead: :barf: :censored:

I am so sick of hearing the gushing over fucking Romo, I don't even think about hating Brady anymore. I hope somebody drills his ass so hard and he fucks up so everybody will shut up about him already. The hype is nauseating :barf: And BTW he's NOT banging Jessica Simpson (I also find her overrated and annoying) because she is with John Mayer, as recently as Thanksgiving.

So now I'm going to go off and brood and be sick. Maybe I can find a stupid TV show on cable to watch that has no football updates so I can not have to hear about all this shit anymore :banghead:

bandwagon.jpg

DaveC said:
Not a chance the Giants will be able to come back after this. They're done. Sorry Headache.

:wave:

as great it would be to join the eagles on the golf course, as has already been stated... this is the NFC we're talking about, where 8-8 might be good enough to make the playoffs.

if they go 3-1 in their final 4 games and finish 9-7, they get in.

regardless, i'll be quite happy if cocklin gets the can when the new GM comes in (acorsi's retiring). he preaches discipline, yet they are the most undisciplined team east of Oakland.

at least the play calling was good from the giants goal line up to the cowboys 10 yesterday... but once they got close to the goal line (and let's include the 4th and inches play early in this as well), cocklin's playcalling was typicaly predictable.

penalties & ineffectiveness inside the 10 yard line. that's the game right there. too many avoidable mistakes wasted what was really a very well played game by eli, shockey and jacobs.

:shrug:

at carolina, philly, new orleans, at washington. 3-1 gets them in gauranteed. 2-2 might, but they'd need a lot of help.

with as bad as the NFC is, all they need is to get in and they've got a chance. none of these teams... chicago, dallas, seattle... are unbeatable at home. esp. chicago and dallas.

Hewson said:
San Diego will stumble at least once over the next 4 weeks.

Possibly. The one at Seattle might be tough, but I like their chances with 3 of the last 4 at home.

Hewson said:
The question is will the Colts stumble twice? I say its very likely, Jags and Bungles are both hot right now. (So if the Pats run the table, a bye can still happen)

The trips to Florida will be very tough, but then again, the Pats have preferred the road this year, so anything is possible.

And all of the sudden that final game against Tennessee doesn't look like such a gimme.

indy and san diego are clearly the best teams in the afc... but come on now... does anyone reeeeeeally think that dungy/peyton & marty schottenheimer will both get to the afc championship game? i think not.

someone will figure out a way to choke somewhere along the line.

it's like everyone who was pulling for a cubs/red sox world series a few years ago... ya knew at some point one team would get it done, but both? in the same year? come now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom