The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see Strahan freak out yesterday to the press? Things are taking a turn for the worse for Big Blue. I guess if they just win, this will all go away.

strahan's another one who i wouldn't mind going away. he's been great and all, but he also opens his mouth up when he shouldn't.

the giants have great talent on their team, but a lot of their talent is located in players with little bitch tendencies. the exact same things that are happening to cocklin happened at the end of the fassel regime.

You'd never guess that the Giants were currently in position for a wild-card playoff berth the way things are going now.

i've gotta laugh at this espn/page2 article...

Giants Among Men
By DJ Gallo
Special to Page 2

The New York Giants are coming apart right before our eyes. But it wasn't too long ago that the Giants were still trying to get along. In fact, it was Monday. That's when they held a players-only meeting in hopes of moving past their fourth-quarter collapse against the Titans and the losing streak it continued.

But it wasn't really a players-only meeting. I was in the locker room that day, too. (The ever-insecure Tom Coughlin hired me as a spy.) And this is a transcript of what transpired.

Michael Strahan: OK, guys, let's get started. Is everybody here? Great. Plex, can you get the door?

Plaxico Burress: No.

Strahan: Why not?

Burress: It's a little out of my reach.

Strahan: You're kidding, right?

Burress: Not at all. If the door was right here where I could get to it without any exertion I would gladly close it for you. But it's not. Somebody put it way over there. And it wasn't me so I shouldn't have to go out of my way to get to it. That's not my style. Sorry.

Strahan: Geez. What an @#$%*!^. OK, then. Eli? Can you stop whimpering in the corner for a moment to close the door so we can start our meeting?

Eli Manning: Golly. Sure thing, Michael. I'd be happy to. Thanks for asking. I'm just glad you fellas think I can be of some help to you. It sure means a lot.

Strahan: Whatever, dork. Alright. Let's get started. The reason for this players-only meeting is because we need to pull together and start winning.

Tiki Barber: Exactly. I agree. We have to start getting me more carries.

Strahan: Uh, well, that could be one way I suppose, Tiki.

Barber: No, that's the only way. Getting me more carries is the most important thing. Trust me on this. I'm smarter than all of you. I know it. You know it. Even Coach Coughlin has come to realize I am his intellectual superior. How did you like that word, huh? "Intellectual." That's five syllables.

Strahan: Very impressive, Tiki. Thanks. Now that we've all heard Tiki's thoughts, does anyone else have any suggestions on how we can turn our season around?

Jeremy Shockey: Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! I have an idea.

Strahan: Jeremy, the floor is yours. Let's hear your thoughts.

Shockey: We need more unity on this team, right? So why don't we all go get the same tattoo? That would be so badass. I say we all get a Limp Bizkit tattoo. That band is awesome and they totally have the hard-core attitude we need here. Who's with me? And you better say you're in or I'll assume you're afraid of getting a tattoo and are a scared, little, wussy girl. And I don't want no wussy girls on my team. I'm from The U, baby! The U!

Strahan: Whoa there, Jeremy. Dial it back a bit. Can somebody tranq him? Thanks. Let's hear from some other veterans -- Ike Hilliard?

Amani Toomer: Who & me?

Strahan: Well, yeah. You're Ike Hilliard, aren't you?

Toomer: No. I'm Amani Toomer. Ike Hilliard hasn't been on the team for a couple of years. I think he's on the Buccaneers now.

Strahan: Really? Hmm. I always did get you guys confused. Well, whoever you are, let's hear your thoughts.

Toomer: Thank you. Listen up, guys. I've been on this team a long time and one thing I know is ...

Strahan: Sorry, Ike. But I'm going to cut you off. We're running short on time here.

Tim Hasselbeck: Hey, that's rude to cut someone off when they're trying to talk.

Strahan: What do you know about it, third-stringer?

Hasselbeck: A lot, actually. My wife, Elisabeth, is a host on "The View" and Rosie O'Donnell always cuts her off and it hurts her feelings.

Shockey: You watch "The View"? Come over here. I'm going to kick your ass.

Strahan: Somebody hit Shockey with another tranq dart. Tim, I understand what you're saying. My apologies to Ike Hilliard. And, Tim, please have your wife ask Rosie O'Donnell if she can fill in on the line until I get healthy. That lady is a beast.

Mathias Kiwanuka: I know I'm new here, but can I say something?

Strahan: Sure thing, rookie.

Kiwanuka: I want to share with you guys something an old coach once told me. It really fired me up and is the most valuable advice I have ever received. I was going through a bad time, like we are now, and my coach pulled me aside, looked me square in the eyes and said ...

Strahan: Uh, yes? And said what? You seemed like you had something really good going there and then you just stopped for no reason.

Kiwanuka: I know. I'm sorry. It's a bad habit of mine.

Manning: Umm, fellas? Hey, guys? You mind if I say a word or two?

Strahan: Have at it.

Manning: OK. Swell. Just give me a second here. My dad wrote down some things for me to say and I have to find the paper. He said if I read this to you guys you would respect me as a team leader.

Strahan: No, no, no, Eli. It's time to stop hiding behind your family. You're a big boy now. If you don't have anything that you want to say yourself from your own heart, then we don't want to hear it. So do you have anything to say that isn't from your daddy?

Manning: No. Not really. Well, that's not really true. I do have one thing.

Strahan: Yes? Let's hear it.

Manning: I wish you guys would stop giving me wedgies.

Strahan: Not a chance.

Barber: Hey, can we wrap this up? My wife said I have to be home by 5 p.m. today.

Jared Lorenzen: Yeah, I let's end this. I'm hungry.

Strahan: OK, OK. We're done. I hope we've all worked through some issues in this meeting and that we're all primed to beat the Cowboys this week. And remember -- anything that was discussed in this meeting stays among us, the players. Except if I need to fill some time on my radio show. Then I reserve the right to say whatever I want about any of you.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

two/three seaons into your nfl career, ya really don't have the complete story on how good a QB can be. 6 years? yea... ya know what he is by then.

How far into their careers did Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson win one ? Doug Williams ? John Elway ? We knew Marino was a champion after one year, didn't we ? I mean, look at all those titles he won.....we must have been right.

We must wait..................

zoney! said:
like what reasons? :shrug:

as headache already said, how about throwing your offensive line under the bus after yet another playoff failure?

it's a douchebag thing to do when you're on a thing called a team. he's supposed to be the leader of the team and the posterboy of the NFL and he makes comments such as the variety hes made in the past?

douchebag.

am i not allowed to dislike him?

The Ravens could have won their division but the offense comes out flat. I know it is only one game but if the offense plays this way in the playoffs they have no chance. Did the Ravens really think that an old burnt out quarterback would fix that sorry offense?

That was a horrendous offensive performance from the Ravens. Despite their thrashing of the Steelers on Sunday, I've remained unconvinced that their offense is anything but subpar at best. That's why I didn't pick them tonight. They were awful.

Most of the 312 viewers of the Ravens/Bengals game on the NFL network switched over to a CSI rerun at 9 cause it was more entertaining.

toscano said:

How far into their careers did Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson win one ? Doug Williams ? John Elway ? We knew Marino was a champion after one year, didn't we ? I mean, look at all those titles he won.....we must have been right.

We must wait..................

forget it... i give up. it's not worth arguing with you anymore... you win. i'm retarded, phil rivers is a hall of famer, kaeding's the greatest kicker since pele', and dan marino's a bum.

StlElevation said:
am i not allowed to dislike him?

I ws asking your opinion.

You gave it to me with what I think is solid reasoning.

I did not challenge anyones opinion...I was just looking for more meat!

I think it is a valid opinion. My only opinion of Peyton has been formed THIS season. Seeing Headache's reasoning, followed by yours, allows me to go and find out more about last year's quotes. I am not familiar with them.

zonelistener said:

I ws asking your opinion.

You gave it to me with what I think is solid reasoning.

I did not challenge anyones opinion...I was just looking for more meat!

I think it is a valid opinion. My only opinion of Peyton has been formed THIS season. Seeing Headache's reasoning, followed by yours, allows me to go and find out more about last year's quotes. I am not familiar with them.

fair enough. i was trying to find the exact offensive lineman quotes from last year after the playoff loss, but i couldn't.

StlElevation said:

fair enough. i was trying to find the exact offensive lineman quotes from last year after the playoff loss, but i couldn't.

All he said was something to the effect of 'I don't want to be a bad teammate but we had protection problems.' This on the eighth time the question of pass protection had been asked. There was nothing to it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

forget it... i give up. it's not worth arguing with you anymore... you win. i'm retarded, phil rivers is a hall of famer, kaeding's the greatest kicker since pele', and dan marino's a bum.

Thanks for the straw-man

Screwtape2 said:

All he said was something to the effect of 'I don't want to be a bad teammate but we had protection problems.' This on the eighth time the question of pass protection had been asked. There was nothing to it.

“I’m trying to be a good teammate here. Let’s just say we had some problems in protection. I’ll give Pittsburgh credit for the blitzes and their rush. Those guys rushed. But we did have some protection problems.”

Nowhere in there did Manning call out one of his linemen. Not once did he criticize head coach Tony Dungy or offensive coordinator Tom Moore for not going to more max-protection schemes. But most importantly, Manning also failed to mention his own shortcomings.

Forget, for a moment, all his wild throws and poor decisions — especially very early and very late in Sunday’s game. Consider the fact that calling out those protections is mostly Manning’s duty. Why else would the man pace up and down the line, move up from the shotgun and point fingers at would-be blitzers?'

source: http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+South/Indianapolis/Features/2006/edholm011906.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom