The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

when you make posts like this, and then think that the negative reactions that follow are simply people "picking on you," it really makes me think that you're... never mind. i'd have to violate the FAQ's and then not get in trouble for it because i'm "popular."

i'm going to bed now. goodnight.

love,

chizip

:applaud:

Hewson said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=176121&srvc=home

Giant rejection by Pioli: Pats VP not interested
By John Tomase/ Patriots Notebook
Boston Herald Sports Writer

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 - Updated: 05:42 AM EST

FOXBORO - Looks like a key member of the Patriots [team stats] brain trust is staying put.

Vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli announced yesterday that he has declined an opportunity to interview for the New York Giants’ general manager job and will remain in New England.

“I am very honored to be granted the opportunity to discuss a potential position with the New York Giants,” Pioli said in a statement released by the Pats. “I have tremendous respect for the Kraft family, the Mara family, the Tisch family and the Giants organization. After careful consideration, and for personal reasons, I am continuing in my current role with the New England Patriots [team stats].”

The Giants requested and received permission to speak with Pioli yesterday.

The Giants are seeking a replacement for GM Ernie Accorsi, who is stepping down after nine years. Pioli was considered their top external candidate, with director of player personnel Jerry Reese the leading internal choice.

Pioli has risen in tandem with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick to build the NFL’s most successful franchise during the past five years. With Pioli leading the draft, the Patriots have won three Super Bowls in five years

:dance:

:madspit:

my attention now turns to norm chow (for the coaching spot)... don't know if the giants attention does, though.

in an interesting subplot, there's some rumors swirling that pioli turned down the job because his wife's daddy wants it... his wife's daddy is the tuna which is large.

Hewson said:
Yeah, this year with the NFC as "home team", they NFC team would choose and wear their colored jerseys (only Dallas would have chosen white), so we would get the colts oh so flashy all white with white helmets. Probably the most bland uniform in the entire league.

(Pittsburgh had the option last year and chose their white jerseys over black cause they had won 3 road games in white to get there)

The white Colts unis kinda look like pajamas...I could picture ARod prancing around in them actually. Can you imagine the media reaction if Peyton finally actually won a Superbowl? I don't think I could stand it...his damn commercials are bad enough already.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

when you make posts like this, and then think that the negative reactions that follow are simply people "picking on you," it really makes me think that you're... never mind. i'd have to violate the FAQ's and then not get in trouble for it because i'm "popular."

i'm going to bed now. goodnight.

love,

chizip

But I only reposted what SOMEBODY ELSE said about the Saints before me, and I added that I had heard the rumor about the Pats. It was only a joke. I don't even believe it.

And yes you (and zoney, QB and a few others) can get away with anything because you're popular but I don't think you're funny. You remind me of a bunch of second graders who think it's funny to harrass another kid when you find out what bugs them and laugh about it. I may not have life either but at least I don't get my kicks at other peoples' expense.

Last edited:
the problem is i know chizip, even though he'll deny it, is making his comments with a large amount of sarcasm behind them, because the thought that there is a grand conspiracy by the NFL to allow the saints and patriots to win super bowls is assinine.

perhaps we should get the hardly boys to look into it.

Chill out, U2Kitten. I don't care who somebody is here, they are subject to the same rules as everybody else. I've already had to issue warnings to and reprimand my own friends, so stop thinking that this is some sort of a popularity contest where the cool kids run the school. Your constant paranoia of people being free to do as they please and then using said freedom to get their jollies by abusing you is tiresome and incorrect.

Bonochick said:
Chill out, U2Kitten. I don't care who somebody is here, they are subject to the same rules as everybody else. I've already had to issue warnings to and reprimand my own friends, so stop thinking that this is some sort of a popularity contest where the cool kids run the school. Your constant paranoia of people being free to do as they please and then using said freedom to get their jollies by abusing you is tiresome and incorrect.

You think people don't get their jollies out of abusing me? Go check out the 'I hate this smilie' thread in Lemonade Stand. That's just one example. Others are here on this forum. As long as mods like you continue to deny they are doing nothing wrong and the 'victim' is 'parnoid', it will never stop. I am not the only person who gets messed with, I've seen it happen to others, but it's usually the same batch of bullies. I am NOT incorrect.

There is, and has been for awhile, too much cruelty disguised as humor on Interference, and that's the excuse that's always used. "It's just a joke get a sense of humor" :rolleyes: Look if a member doesn't think it's funny, then it's abuse, and it needs to stop. This goes for everybody. The bullies on this forum would be banned on any other forum I've ever seen. (I'm a mod on two other forums, and idiots who like messing with people don't last long) But here, it's the ones pointing it out who get criticized. (And BTW I was one who nominated you for a mod, I thought you were fair.)

No one can tell another person if they're offended or not. I even defended Melon on FYM once, people were telling him he had no reason to be offended, and I said, look, if he says he's offended, then he's offended, you can't put your opinion and feeling off on somebody else. If a person feels they are being picked on, then the jokes need to stop.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with that smilie thread. As happens quite often, threads start to go off into different tangents from their usual meaning. People were just having fun with the smilies. I don't see it as a reflection on you at all.

As for your post here, you must admit you do tend to make rather silly comments from time to time. When you do that, you open yourself up to criticism. For example, I had no problem with your post until you started to say that the past two Super Bowl winners were mediocre. You contradict yourself with such statements, because if they won the Super Bowl, they obviously did very well.

Just saying... :shrug:

phanan said:
I don't see anything wrong with that smilie thread. As happens quite often, threads start to go off into different tangents from their usual meaning. People were just having fun with the smilies. I don't see it as a reflection on you at all.

Ah. Then why was the smilie I hated mulitplied X100, quoted and reposted over and over, then blown up? Gee I thought there was a 10 smilie limit here, but apparently Chizip overrode it with a special code so everybody could post the smilie I hated hundreds of times and add :lol: Tell me that's not aimed at me and I will eat your computer.

As for your post here, you must admit you do tend to make rather silly comments from time to time. When you do that, you open yourself up to criticism. For example, I had no problem with your post until you started to say that the past two Super Bowl winners are not very good. You contradict yourself with such statements, because if they won the Super Bowl, they obviously did very well.

Just saying... :shrug: [/B]

Everyone says all kinds of stuff. I may think your comments are lame but I don't mess with you. The Steelers were sure not very good, they got lucky and hot at the right time. Look at them this year. That's what they really are. But in football it's better to be lucky than good, as the old saying goes. Any team is potentially good or bad on any given day, but shit happens.

I don't see why I can't post here without being ridiculed.

Well f it. It's obvious I am not liked or wanted around here, I have more important things to do.

Mr. BAW said:
I certainly hope Bono is okay during this posting...does anyone know where Bono is???????

:yikes:
According to yesterday's Boston Herald Inside Track, he was here at the Museum of Fine Arts over the weekend:

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/sideTracks/view.bg?articleid=175902

Tracked Down
By Inside Track
Monday, January 8, 2007 - Updated: 10:30 AM EST

U2 frontman and universal do-gooder Bono walking hand-in-hand with a lady friend while taking in some culture at the Museum of Fine Arts . . . “Fantastic 4” hottie and Boston homeboy Chris Evans unwinding at Saint after wrapping the filming for the action hero flick’s sequel . . . Quincy Market Comedy Connection head honcho Bill Blumenreich discussing uber-illusionist David Copperfield’s near-onstage flub over breakfast with the star himself in Las Vegas. Turns out Copperfield had to make three one-liner jabs aimed at singer Michael Jackson disappear in a flash when he found out the pop star was attending his late show with his kids in tow.

"lady friend"?

I guess what people are telling you Kitten is that if you don't want to get punched, don't put your chin out inviting someone to hit it.

U2Kitten said:
Well f it. It's obvious I am not liked or wanted around here, I have more important things to do.

Good, why dont you go do them then!

Why did you even come back? I honestly want to know. All you do is get into arguments every time you post. EVERY TIME! You have no one to blame but yourself. You come across as hostile and defensive. Your posts and threads are negative and heated and then you wonder why people 'pick on you'!?? You bring it on yourself. YOU.

The mods are not going to sit here and argue with you about this crap in public. And frankly, I'm not going to do it in private either.

This is a freaking football thread.

U2Kitten said:
I think you should stay, but maybe take stock in what a few people said, especially what phanan said. If you post silly ridiculous things, prepare for some responses you won't like. Stick to posting about football, using facts etc., and there should be no problems.

U2Kitten said:

Gee I thought there was a 10 smilie limit here, but apparently Chizip overrode it with a special code so everybody could post the smilie I hated hundreds of times and add :lol: Tell me that's not aimed at me and I will eat your computer.

I never even posted in that thread :confused: :confused:

Chizip said:

I never even posted in that thread :confused: :confused:

Somebody posted 'use chizip's code' to make the smilies multiply. You may have PMs them or it may have been something you made up at an earlier time and they rememembered, but your name did come up.

zoney! said:

and THIS is no question a blatant reference to that thread. No, you're not going to get off on the old 'paranoid' card.I am not stupid.

dude, all of those similies are 1 giant gif

whoever said that said it as a joke. kind of like the joke that headache and i are alters. not everything is super serious around here.

Hewson said:

I think you should stay, but maybe take stock in what a few people said, especially what phanan said. If you post silly ridiculous things, prepare for some responses you won't like. Stick to posting about football, using facts etc., and there should be no problems.

Thanks, but everyone else inserts their opinions and evaluation of things and that's okay. Guess not for me. I like talking about football, but there's too many jerks here (nice people too but the bad ones make it no fun)

Oh look 500 posts. Thank God.

This discussion will NOT continue in a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom