The Official NFL Thread, Part Two - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Part of me wants the Bears to win the Super Bowl so I can tell my fictional grandkids about how I saw the worst winning QB in football history. "Worse than Trent Dilfer, Grandpa No Spoken Words????"......"Yes, kids, he was just that bad"........
Hey! There's good Rex and Bad Wrecks.

Good Rex = most 100+ QB ratings
Bad Wrecks = QB rating lower than the wind chill.

I still think Rex can get it done.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:12 PM   #272
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
The Giants are comically bad.

Not just mediocre.

Not just "in a slump".

They are baaaaaaaad.

And not in the hip-hop sense, either.
Oh, for a minute I thought you were talking about the Colts' defense.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #273
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:09 AM
I've actually seen a lot of Bears games this year, and you're right, there is bad wrecks and there is good Rex. Unfortunately, bad wrecks seems to show a little too often.

Could he get it done? Sure. Dilfer did and Jeff Hostetler did, and neither were anything to brag about (Hostetler became a decent QB with the Raiders). I just don't see him having 3 non-disaster games in a row in the playoffs.

But, then again, what the hell do I know?
Old 12-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:09 PM
I was just surprised that I won my Fantasy playoffs this weekend. My opponent had Stephen Jackson & Ladell Betts for his RB. Fortunately for me, those were the only 2 players that scored over 20 points for him.

It came down to T.O. versus Terry Glenn. Except TO needed to beat Glenn by 20 points last night. Thankfully TO still can't catch a football.

I'd also like to thank LT for having a great year! Dude carried me throughout the year. 404 fantasy points all by himself!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:09 PM
Hey,
All I'll say is this. It sure was nice to see Sexy Rexy throw some passes to his rb's and TE's for short gains.

I think calling him the WORST QB ever is a bit of a stretch. He certainly has lots to learn, but man he looks good when he gets in a rhythm.

Like I said though, when he isn't in a rhythm, you see lots and lots of deep passes...sometimes to the other team...and then possibly 4-5 times to the other team...He's learning. If he keeps going to his "check down" recievers, we will win some games. He just cannot force it all the time.

GO BEARS!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I'd thrown in Brian Griese for the hell of it to see what he plays like since the Bears already clinched the playoffs..
Old 12-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #277
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
Hey,
All I'll say is this. It sure was nice to see Sexy Rexy throw some passes to his rb's and TE's for short gains.

I think calling him the WORST QB ever is a bit of a stretch. He certainly has lots to learn, but man he looks good when he gets in a rhythm.

Like I said though, when he isn't in a rhythm, you see lots and lots of deep passes...sometimes to the other team...and then possibly 4-5 times to the other team...He's learning. If he keeps going to his "check down" recievers, we will win some games. He just cannot force it all the time.

GO BEARS!!!
Oh, Phil, not the worst QB ever....not by a long shot...I said if they win the SB, he'll be the worst SB winning QB ever.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

You think even worst than Dilfer? Yes, I am horribly bias, and I'll agree Dilfer was way more consistant. But I will respectfully disagree. I loved Dilfer, but didn't he throw for like 40 yards when he won the Super Bowl? I kid.

Didn't Elvis Grbac win one too? But he was from the University of Michigan so he was clearly outstanding.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #279
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by tpsreports2424
I'd thrown in Brian Griese for the hell of it to see what he plays like since the Bears already clinched the playoffs..
Funny, I thought that in week around week 6. I still wonder what our record would be if we had Griese starting. I'm not complaining, b/c we have a great record, but would Griese have been more consistant through and through? Would we not have lost to teams like Miami or New England b/c of less to's?

Not Terrell Owens'. I hate him.

The thing I keep thinking though is this was Grossman's first season. Not bad! I hope now it only gets better.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well Grossman has been out season by season and I wished then we would of had him because really, are back-ups SUCKED.

But now I think we actually have a good back-up but I still have yet to see him play so I can't talk much about him being better than Rex because I have really yet to see him play. I'd like to see his playing though..

Personally, I think Rex is gonna choke during the first playoff game and they are going to put in Brian and he may do very well..

I doubt will end up winning the SB but if we end up do, it won't be because of Rex.

Whatever happend to Tank? I heard like really early in the morning the moring after it happend and all I know is that he didn't play that sunday..Is he off the team or what now?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:59 PM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

tps,
I kind of agree...I worry we might choke. But I really can't see anything changing like that in the playoffs. Grossman is the guy. If we lose, I guess we hope for next year and some experience and development.

I saw Griese play a lot on Tampa. He was nothing great, but surely wasn't bad. He was good. He made the plays, and rarely made the turnovers. That's what I saw. But who knows with this system.

That's just it. We don't know. Though, it would be tough for a qb to start, then be benched, and then come back if need be. It is better I guess to have one qb go and go all out.

Tank is in trouble...that's all i Know
Old 12-27-2006, 12:02 AM   #282
Blue Crack Supplier

Griese's nothing special.

Grossman's your guy, for better or worse.

Yeah, Phil, to me, worse than Dilfer, but, it obviously is debatable. Then again, Dilfer has a ring, Grossman does not, so, let's save the debate for if/when the Bears win the SB.

I'll be shocked if anyone besides the Chargers wins, but, we shall see.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

Didn't Elvis Grbac win one too? But he was from the University of Michigan so he was clearly outstanding.
Elvis Grbac win a SuperBowl??

Well yes, he was Steve Young's backup when the Niners won their 5th title, entered the game very late and was 0 for 1 passing for 0 yards, so yeah I guess you can say Elvis Grbac was a SuperBowl winning QB.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

So, which division ended up being the best one this year?

Well, if you go by number of wins, the AFC East has 33 combined so far.

Not such a bad division after all.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

NFC West for sure...it took 7 losses to clinch the division title (cause in that division you make the playoffs by losing)