The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Kitten said:
I usually don't do this, because as a fan I understand how everyone feels about their team and I usually feel bad for everybody in some way, but in the case of the Smellboys and that annoyingly overrated Romo I must make an exception..

MUHAHAHAHAH~!!!!!

:madspit: :evil: :yes: :laugh: :D :dancing: :rockon: :bonodrum:

DALLAS LOST! YAY!!!! And in a most painful way!

Now hopefully this will shut up the media about Romo! WHOOOOO!!!

Coming from you, this really doesn't anger me.

I can't be pissed at Romo because the Boys never would have been in that game, and by that I mean participating in it, if it wasn't for him. Yeah, it sucks, but it's not that big of a deal. This wasn't a Super Bowl-worthy team and everyone here in Dallas knows it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

b) all the eagles fans who think their team was sooooo good and thought they would just roll right through the hapless giants were proven to have absolutely no clue as to what they're talking about. the "hottest team in the league" needed a last second field goal, at home, to beat the hapless giants. fly eagles fly. your team sucks, too.

Frankly, that argument is a lot more convincing if the Giants win that game.

U2Kitten said:
I'm actually glad the Pats won :shocked: Now they can knock off the Chargers for the Colts :wink: and the Colts can host the Pats and defeat them soundly in the AFC Championship game in Indy! ;)
I do love comedy.

phillyfan26 said:

The Eagles better figure something out defensively, they have a short week and head into NO facing a team with a much more effficient offense than the NYG and a far more poised QB.
Plus Garcia needs to eat a bit more sausage this week, he looked a bit off for much of this game. (Of course with "MVP Candidate" Chunky Soup at the helm the Iggles would have lost 45-0)

Getting back to Saturday, did anyone else think the ball Romo dropped looked incredibly slick and glossy?
Plus as said, kudos to Gramatica for throwing the block that almost sprung Romo for the TD on that play.

And Herm...you're team may not have technically "backed in", but you sure didn't belong. Bengals, Titans or Jags would have provided a lot more competition.

Over the past decade, the Arizona Cardinals have more playoff wins than the Dallas Cowboys (1-0)

And coincidentally enough, that win came against the Cowboys.

phillyfan26 said:

but an argument none the less.

and dave, there is no crying. i'm happy as a pig in shit. everything i wanted to happen this week happened. the giants, who suck, lost, ensuring coughlin's firing. feel free to mock away. i've won my super bowl. i couldn't be happier this morning.

phillyfan26 said:

I don't believe the Giants have any possibility of winning. How you play your last five or six games are very telling of how well you will do in the playoffs. That doesn't bode well for the Giants. On top of that, the Eagles have won five straight. I just don't see it.

needing a last second field goal to beat a team that doesn't have any possibility of winning "doesn't bode well" for the fearsome eagles, now does it?

and eli... eli. to let such a terrible quarterback march down the field to tie the game up. for shame. :tsk:

Last edited:
Here's a prediction: The Eagles will NOT win this year's Super Bowl! The Giants should've beaten the Eagles, but they didn't. That game was a battle of who wanted it the least. In this case, it was the Giants. The Eagles will lose next week.

Hewson said:
How about no NFC team is winning the Superbowl.

the problem of course is that once you get to the game, anything can happen.

and with so many good teams in the AFC all beating each other up, the NFC team could sneak right in and win the game.

but there's no question that if you took whoever ends up being the NFC champion, put them in a 7 team league with the 6 AFC playoff teams and played an entire season, the NFC Champ would finish no higher than 6th, ahead of only the Chefs.

Hewson said:
How about no NFC team is winning the Superbowl.

Just like no NL team would win the WS

Just like the Rams could never lose to the Pats

The NFL will make sure the Saints will win the Superbowl, bank on it

Hewson said:
I cried to my daddy on the telephone, how long now...

They actually played that song at the beginning of the Pats game when Phil Simms was talking about Mangy v. Billy.... As pathetic as it sounds I knew at that moment the Pats had the game in the bag!!:love:

Chizip said:

The NFL will make sure the Saints will win the Superbowl, bank on it

I fear the same thing....

I wouldn't be suprised if the Colts played the Saints...that way the NFL Golden Boy gets to the Super Bowl to play his father's team. :yikes:

:conspiracytheoristsunite:

zoney! said:

I fear the same thing....

I wouldn't be suprised if the Colts played the Saints...that way the NFL Golden Boy gets to the Super Bowl to play his father's team. :yikes:

:conspiracytheoristsunite:

That's a good matchup, I'll take it!

I think the league has wanted the Colts to go for several years now, they just can't live up to their end and always goof up. I remember years of suffering as the refs always picked on the Colts, but in recent years they seem to be giving them every possible break (even some controversial ones) like they really want them in the Super Bowl. And why not? It's a great story, the QB is the son of a former player, they are an interesting and even flashy bunch of characters (especially when they had Edge), they're from the heartland of America, and hey, the uniforms are some of the prettiest and photogenic inthe league. Instead they have had to deal with mediocre and boring teams like last years' Steelers and Pats again and again because no one more interesting can get to the top of the pile. I sure hope this year they make it.
The Colts have been good for a long time now and it's time to do it or maybe die. In the end the Super Bowl is what you're remembered for, and you don't want to end up like the Vikings of a few years ago, or the Chargers or Browns of the 80's, or the Oilers of the 70's, impressive teams that were 'there' every year but never made it to the big game and will never be remembered as great because of it.

I do think the Katrina factor is a big thing, and the league does want them to win. I even heard rumors that they wanted the Patriots to win because of 9-11 and the war.

U2Kitten said:

That's a good matchup, I'll take it!

I think the league has wanted the Colts to go for several years now, they just can't live up to their end and always goof up. I remember years of suffering as the refs always picked on the Colts, but in recent years they seem to be giving them every possible break (even some controversial ones) like they really want them in the Super Bowl. And why not? It's a great story, the QB is the son of a former player, they are an interesting and even flashy bunch of characters (especially when they had Edge), they're from the heartland of America, and hey, the uniforms are some of the prettiest and photogenic inthe league. Instead they have had to deal with mediocre and boring teams like last years' Steelers and Pats again and again because no one more interesting can get to the top of the pile. I sure hope this year they make it.
The Colts have been good for a long time now and it's time to do it or maybe die. In the end the Super Bowl is what you're remembered for, and you don't want to end up like the Vikings of a few years ago, or the Chargers or Browns of the 80's, or the Oilers of the 70's, impressive teams that were 'there' every year but never made it to the big game and will never be remembered as great because of it.

I do think the Katrina factor is a big thing, and the league does want them to win. I even heard rumors that they wanted the Patriots to win because of 9-11 and the war.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

U2Kitten said:

when you make posts like this, and then think that the negative reactions that follow are simply people "picking on you," it really makes me think that you're... never mind. i'd have to violate the FAQ's and then not get in trouble for it because i'm "popular."

i'm going to bed now. goodnight.

love,

chizip

Headache in a Suitcase said:

when you make posts like this, and then think that the negative reactions that follow are simply people "picking on you," it really makes me think that you're... never mind. i'd have to violate the FAQ's and then not get in trouble for it because i'm "popular."

i'm going to bed now. goodnight.

love,

chizip
Of course Chizip is the biggest perpetuator of the Patriots 9-11 conspiracy theory.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=176121&srvc=home

Giant rejection by Pioli: Pats VP not interested
By John Tomase/ Patriots Notebook
Boston Herald Sports Writer

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 - Updated: 05:42 AM EST

FOXBORO - Looks like a key member of the Patriots [team stats] brain trust is staying put.

Vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli announced yesterday that he has declined an opportunity to interview for the New York Giants’ general manager job and will remain in New England.

“I am very honored to be granted the opportunity to discuss a potential position with the New York Giants,” Pioli said in a statement released by the Pats. “I have tremendous respect for the Kraft family, the Mara family, the Tisch family and the Giants organization. After careful consideration, and for personal reasons, I am continuing in my current role with the New England Patriots [team stats].”

The Giants requested and received permission to speak with Pioli yesterday.

The Giants are seeking a replacement for GM Ernie Accorsi, who is stepping down after nine years. Pioli was considered their top external candidate, with director of player personnel Jerry Reese the leading internal choice.

Pioli has risen in tandem with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick to build the NFL’s most successful franchise during the past five years. With Pioli leading the draft, the Patriots have won three Super Bowls in five years

:dance:

U2Kitten said:

and hey, the uniforms are some of the prettiest and photogenic inthe league.
Yeah, this year with the NFC as "home team", they NFC team would choose and wear their colored jerseys (only Dallas would have chosen white), so we would get the colts oh so flashy all white with white helmets. Probably the most bland uniform in the entire league.

(Pittsburgh had the option last year and chose their white jerseys over black cause they had won 3 road games in white to get there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom