The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not having a bye will help the Colts. Having one sure didn't help.

Chizip said:
Saints will win the NFC

I so hope you are right - I love Drew Brees, he is one of the nicest guys, have met him a few times, and was heartbroken that the Chargers let him go . I would love to see him lead the Saints to the NFC championship. Can you imagine if the Chargers didn't let him go, I really think they would have been unstoppable this year. My hubby the Chargers fanatic disagrees and thinks Rivers is fine, but I think Rivers is totally overrated. He is way to unpredictable for my taste. I guess I will have to wait a few weeks and see, I hope I am wrong about Rivers.

So, which team do you all predict to win the AFC??

saints/chargers is my guess

though i could possibly see the ravens forcing rivers to beat them, and him not being able to do it

Chizip said:

though i could possibly see the ravens forcing rivers to beat them, and him not being able to do it

That is exactly what I am afraid of. The Chargers always seem to find a way to break my heart.:sad:

The only team I don't want the Chargers to play is the Ravens - I think they can beat the Colts and the Patriots, but the Ravens scare me. I am so excited for the next three weeks of football!!:hyper:

I see the Ravens/Saints, too, after this past weekend. Nobody can convince me that there is a better balanced team than the Bolts, but, until Marty wins a big one I'll never pick a team he coaches to win it all. I hope I'm wrong, they're a fun team to watch.

And, yeah, agree with the earlier post...bye week, no bye week, none of it matters if you have one of the most porous defenses in football. Larry Johnson could run for 200+ yards against them.

Bye bye Denny Green....and Mora....and we'll see if Saban leaves for the Crimson Tide tomorrow.

Call me stupid, but I haven't given up on the Bears yet. I'll say it again. Yes, we cannot throw 5 interceptions. But I still feel good.

Again, feel free if they lose in the first round to ridicule me for my never ending optimism. But I have to keep faith. This is my team.

I hate Tiki Barber...did u see? The week nothing matters for my fantasy team...THAT"S the game he breaks out 3 td's. I will not watch him on TV. EVER!!!!:mad: :mad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
everyone thought the steelers had no chance last year, having to play three games on the road just to get to the super bowl with a QB who had been inconsistant at best.

But the Steelers won four games in a row going into the playoffs, like the Eagles winning five in a row right now. The Giants? Won their final game after losing 5 of the last 7. The Steelers and the Giants are not alike in that sense.

ok well the cardinals practically blew the division the last week of the year and won the world series.

different sport, same result.

phanan said:

I take it you saw Cold Pizza this morning, too.

I forget that guy's name, but man, what an idiot.

Was it Skip Bayless?

Cold Pizza is an abomination. Just the worst in a sea of shitty sports shows.

Phil, I admire your....tenacity....but, wow, that's not how you want to head into the playoffs.

Headache, I don't think the Giants/Steelers comparison is apt. Ben was not really inconsistent, at all. Eli's not inconsistent, he's just bad lately, so, the Ben 2005-Eli 2006 gap is really really wide. The Steelers had to scratch and claw just to get into the playoffs, and that included a pasting of the Bears...this was a confident team rolling into the playoffs.

And, Headache, I'm a die-hard Steeler fan but root heavily for the Giants, too, and nothing would please me more than the Giants catching on fire in the playoffs, but, trust me, they have nothing in common with how the Steelers came storming into the post-season.

Anything can happen now. It's a new season. Anyone can be Cinderella as long as they're invited to the ball. (and all the other cliches' you hear over the years)

Woody Paige vs. Skip Bayless daily is like watching the Star Wars prequels.

They're so unbelievably bad, but too unintentionally funny to miss.

Plus, I'm sure Woody Paige's face has turned every color of the rainbow by now atleast 6 times.

Are you serious?

He's my favorite ESPN asshole, and they have quite a few of them there with their witty little catchphrases.

Booya!

...Boo-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom