The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good enough to make it out of the NFC

and we all know that when the NFL wants the feel good team to win the Superbowl, they find a way to make it happen

toscano said:

Looks like the NFL has been doctoring the photographs to make it look like he really WAS short

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9183194

:wink:
Look closely at the picture, Dyson is laying on top of Jones and is therefore not actually down.
In continuation the ball crosses the plane, in fact goes through the uprights before Dyson is down, and McNair would easily have converted the 2 point conversion for the win.

But Georgia Frontiere promised all the zebras oral favors and they cheated giving the Rams the win, just ask Chizip.

:wink:

Look closely at the picture, Dyson is laying on top of Jones and is therefore not actually down.
In continuation the ball crosses the plane, in fact goes through the uprights before Dyson is down, and McNair would easily have converted the 2 point conversion for the win.

The part about the ball actually going through the uprights cracks me up, not sure why.

Hewson said:

But Georgia Frontiere promised all the zebras oral favors and they cheated giving the Rams the win, just ask Chizip.

But what you don't see is the preceding sequence, his knee was down at the 20 and he rolled all the way to the one until Jones lifted him on orders from Georgia, hoping no one else had seen his knee hit the ground

toscano said:

But what you don't see is the preceding sequence, his knee was down at the 20 and he rolled all the way to the one until Jones lifted him on orders from Georgia, hoping no one else had seen his knee hit the ground
True, but Kurt Warner took steroids and apparently married his own mother.

Seriously, though....if you wrote a screenplay about that Rams team/season, would any studio accept it? They'd reject it as way too unbelievable. A QB who was stocking shelves a few years before, kicking around NFL Europe, and the starter goes down, the backup QB steps in and leads the team to a SB victory, all while having one of the craziest and most entertaining offenses you've ever seen? No way.

And then, as Phil said, he goes and marries Kevin Dyson, which is an odd twist to the story.

Just found this forum and have to represent for my Chargers (even though I must say I am the biggest cynic when it comes to them, it has been a long dry decade for Chargers' fans, but I still won't believe it until I see it, I guess I am just so used to seeing them choke in the last minutes of the game (except for this season, somehow, they seem to pull it out of their azz, but they pull it out!)

For those Chargers fans that know the song, sing with me now ...
(with what must be the cheesiest song in the hisotry of the NFL)

San Diego Super Chargers!!

If we win this week and therefore have homefield advantage, I really think we have a good chance of making the Superbowl. :drool: Don't curse us Marty!!:madwife:

Giants defense looks sharp so far. I don't care if they caused a fumble, Skins marched right down the field the first possession and now the Randle El tosses up a pass and 2 defenders swing and miss at, TD Skins. Great.

the giants win knocked the rams out, and then the rams win clinched it for the giants :mad:

maybe theyll keep coughlin now

The Patriots caught a huge break. The one team that always seems to have their number, the Broncos, are out. Now the Jets come back to Foxboro.

And Larry Johnson must be foaming at the mouth at the chance to run against that Indy defense. An absolute terrible matchup for the Colts.

And the Cowboys aren't looking like such a great team anymore...

NFL player killed in drive-by shooting

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver early Monday morning.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. from the scene of the shooting and told him three people had been shot and that Williams, 24, had been killed.

A little after 2 a.m., a white Hummer limousine was sprayed with bullets from a vehicle that pulled along side, said Sonny Jackson, spokesperson for the Denver Police Department. (Watch to see the Hummer full of holes )

Three people in the limousine were hit and were taken to hospitals, where one man was pronounced dead, Jackson said. The other man and woman who were shot were not identified.

Jackson said police were searching for the attackers and interviewing witnesses.

"We have no motive yet," Jackson said. "We're hoping to talk with witnesses to find out where they were coming from, and that might give us some clues."

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Hours before the shooting, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime, eliminating them from the playoff race.

Williams finished the season with 88 tackles, 78 of them solo, and four interceptions.

On Sunday against the 49ers, he had three tackles and returned two punts for 50 yards before leaving the game with a shoulder injury late in the second half.

Williams, a second-round draft pick out of Oklahoma State in 2005, made an immediate impact on the Broncos, starting nine times in his rookie season following a stellar career at Oklahoma State, where he totaled 11 interceptions and scored three touchdowns on punt returns.

Players and coaches are off Monday. They were scheduled to meet Tuesday before heading home for the offseason.

joerags said:
Giants can beat the Eagles.

I don't believe the Giants have any possibility of winning. How you play your last five or six games are very telling of how well you will do in the playoffs. That doesn't bode well for the Giants. On top of that, the Eagles have won five straight. I just don't see it.

ETA: How about that player getting shot? That's really a shame. There's a lot left to uncover here.

phillyfan26 said:

I don't believe the Giants have any possibility of winning. How you play your last five or six games are very telling of how well you will do in the playoffs. That doesn't bode well for the Giants. On top of that, the Eagles have won five straight. I just don't see it.

do i expect them to win?

no.

do i even really want them to win and risk coughlin getting to keep his job?

no.

would i be stunned if after all this bullcrap they make it to the super bowl?

no.

so is the giants... everyone thought the steelers had no chance last year, having to play three games on the road just to get to the super bowl with a QB who had been inconsistant at best.

the eagles & seahawks aren't very good, the cowboys suck, the bears have been awful of late and other than the giant game, so have the saints.

the NFC is wiiiiiide open. all bets are off. regardless, a shitty team is going to win the NFC championship...so why not the giants? they're shitty with the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom