The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
Or the Bears could get slapped by the Bills this week. . .
Smart Money's on the Bills this weekend.

What was that about smart money now?

Chicago_Bears_ch62_large.jpg

WildHoneyAlways said:

What was that about smart money now?

Chicago_Bears_ch62_large.jpg

I have a free $20 bet at 15-1 odds on the Bears winning the Super Bowl. Go Bears.

if someone put a gun to my head today and told me to pick the super bowl winner, i'd say the bears.

but a gun's not to my head... and i still want to see how they respond in a true dog fight against a quality opponent... but the thing is, i don't know if there are any quality opponents in the entire NFL.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and i still want to see how they respond in a true dog fight against a quality opponent... but the thing is, i don't know if there are any quality opponents in the entire NFL.

I think the Giants have a real shot at beating the Bears. What's the one thing the Bears haven't faced this season? A big time reciever. Burress could be what Steve Smith was to the Bears in the playoffs last year. One thing I've noticed too is that the quarterbacks get discouraged early by the Bears D. Eli Manning doesn't get frazzled.

what sucks is the rams have already won their Hewson predicted 4th game, which means they arent going to win anymore for the rest of the year, i guess ill start watching hockey or something

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
if someone put a gun to my head today and told me to pick the super bowl winner, i'd say the bears.

but a gun's not to my head... and i still want to see how they respond in a true dog fight against a quality opponent... but the thing is, i don't know if there are any quality opponents in the entire NFL.

And the Bears schedule isn't exactly difficult. You might not see that kind of opponent in quite a while.

Should be a great game when they come to New England...

Chizip said:
what sucks is the rams have already won their Hewson predicted 4th game, which means they arent going to win anymore for the rest of the year, i guess ill start watching hockey or something
You'd be wise to jump on the Blues' bandwagon now, 11 straight Ram losses will put you in the nut house.

OK, one thing jumped out at me during the finish of the Cowboys/Eagles game that I'm shocked no announcer mentioned...
First play after the 2 minute warning, the Bledsoe statue is sacked, Buck and Troy (the gay cowboys) talk, rightly so, about the statue not holding the ball so long, then they pan to a wide field shot, clock is running and 10 Cowboys are lined up, the Eagles D is in disarray, and one Cowboy WR is 5 yards on the Eagles side of the ball, loafing back to the line of scrimmage...not TO, TG, Terry Glenn...they pan to another angle, then back to the wide shot 5 seconds later and he's still not back across the line of scrimmage...finally he lines up...offsides, and has to step back to get where he belongs.
Wasted at least 15 seconds not hustling, plus allowed the D to get set.

Hewson said:
You'd be wise to jump on the Blues' bandwagon now, 11 straight Ram losses will put you in the nut house.

to he honest, i could see the Rams losing the next 5 straight

barely squeaking by Arizona, Detroit, and Green Bay doesn't instill a lot of confidence, and the next 5 games are brutal

Screwtape2 said:

I think the Giants have a real shot at beating the Bears. What's the one thing the Bears haven't faced this season? A big time reciever. Burress could be what Steve Smith was to the Bears in the playoffs last year. One thing I've noticed too is that the quarterbacks get discouraged early by the Bears D. Eli Manning doesn't get frazzled.

i wanna see a few more outings like they had today before i declare the giants as being back on track. they were just too bad the first 3 weeks (4th quarter against the eagles aside :dance: ) for me to get confident with them yet.

Hewson said:
OK, one thing jumped out at me during the finish of the Cowboys/Eagles game that I'm shocked no announcer mentioned...
First play after the 2 minute warning, the Bledsoe statue is sacked, Buck and Troy (the gay cowboys) talk, rightly so, about the statue not holding the ball so long, then they pan to a wide field shot, clock is running and 10 Cowboys are lined up, the Eagles D is in disarray, and one Cowboy WR is 5 yards on the Eagles side of the ball, loafing back to the line of scrimmage...not TO, TG, Terry Glenn...they pan to another angle, then back to the wide shot 5 seconds later and he's still not back across the line of scrimmage...finally he lines up...offsides, and has to step back to get where he belongs.
Wasted at least 15 seconds not hustling, plus allowed the D to get set.

Ah, Terry Glenn. A nutcase in his own right.

You do the math!

Screwtape2 said:

One thing I've noticed too is that the quarterbacks get discouraged early by the Bears D. Eli Manning doesn't get frazzled.

Until Tommie Harris is standing over him time and time again. :drool:

If someone is going to beat the Bears it's going to be b/c they shut down the Bear offense. The defense is too damn good right now.

It'll be fun to see what Bill Belichick throws at Sexy Rexy in Foxboro on Nov 26th.

Here's hoping Da Bears remain undefeated till then.

Everyone is believing in these Eagles now (DISCLAIMER: Everyone I talked to is still worried about injuries) that they came out and played great defensively (17 points given up) and offensively (31 points scored).

My favorite play: Owens' drop when he Pinkstoned the ball (AKA alligator armed) and Shawn Barber who was ready to hit him starts doing the alligator arms to taunt him right next to TO. Of course, TO would rather glare at Bledsoe and yell at his coaches than confront a guy who deliberately embarassed him.

Agreed.

And the Eagles gave up 24 points, not 17. Not exactly stellar defense if you ask me. Thankfully for the Eagles, the offense did well, but most times when your defense gives up 24 points a game, you're gonna lose.

phanan said:
Agreed.

And the Eagles gave up 24 points, not 17. Not exactly stellar defense if you ask me. Thankfully for the Eagles, the offense did well, but most times when your defense gives up 24 points a game, you're gonna lose.

Our defense did give up 17. One touchdown was scored when McNabb was hit throwing and the ball fell into Ware's hands. Thus, the D gave up 17.

Bledsoe looked like shit, but when you're offense scores 31, you're gonna win most of the time (yeah, the Sheppard score doesn't count for offense, just like the other TD for them).

the eagles seemed like they dominated that game, yet the cowboys still had a chance at the end of the game to at least tie it up and send it to over-time, much like the giants game.

the eagles D gets a ton of pressure on the quarterback, but because of all their blitzing they're suspectable to the big play... plus, philly's offense, despite playing well, has consistantly made a few key turnovers which have helped keep opponents in the game.

the eagles schedule gets much tougher from here on out... very interested to see how things go from here on out..

phillyfan26 said:

Our defense did give up 17. One touchdown was scored when McNabb was hit throwing and the ball fell into Ware's hands. Thus, the D gave up 17.

Yes, I worded that wrong, but anytime a team gives up 24 points in a game, it's usually harder to win, eh?

The thing that always does Philly in come playoff time is the lack of a running game. Westbrook is an excellent receiver, and the Eagles run their screens well. But if you don't have a consistent running game, which they haven't in years, it gets hard come January.

phanan said:

And the Bears schedule isn't exactly difficult. You might not see that kind of opponent in quite a while.

Should be a great game when they come to New England...

I might be in the stands for that game :hyper:

Go Bears. :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom