The Official NFL Thread, Part One - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2006, 07:29 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:26 AM
im far too lazy nowadays to go that in depth but yeah thats about right

Old 09-18-2006, 12:14 AM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Losing might have been the second-worst thing to happen to the Eagles that day. I just saw the replay of Jevon Kearse's injury, and that looks like a textbook ACL blowout.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:19 AM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Suddenly the mayor of Philadelphia (or was it a fine impression by Captain Janks) is rethinking the already planned and paid for Eagle's divison title parade, NFC title parade and SuperBowl championship parade.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:47 AM   #94
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Suddenly the mayor of Philadelphia (or was it a fine impression by Captain Janks) is rethinking the already planned and paid for Eagle's divison title parade, NFC title parade and SuperBowl championship parade.
and i was so looking forward to it
Old 09-18-2006, 09:18 AM   #95
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Losing might have been the second-worst thing to happen to the Eagles that day. I just saw the replay of Jevon Kearse's injury, and that looks like a textbook ACL blowout.
they're saying for now that it's sprained... MRI today. that would be a crushing loss for their D-Line, which has been phenominal thus far into the season.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
whats wrong with the fourth, aka the most important quarter? shouldn't stats during crunch time do away with what's done with less pressure?

see: peyton manning in the playoffs
see: tom brady in the playoffs
No kidding. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. He came up big and made the plays when it mattered most, and that's what counts.

That was a great game.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #97
War Child

Local Time: 07:26 AM
Big notch in Eli's belt, I mean wow, after getting pounded all day, makes those throws...

The Eagles have serious secondary issues. Michael Lewis is useless. Andy Reid has a proven track record of becoming conservative and predictable when leading, playing "not to lose". It may be time to think regime change in Philly.

Signed,

Disgusted But Will Change His Story Next Week
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #98
Blue Crack Distributor

Headache in a Suitcase presents your Great Moments in Douchebaggery Penalty of the Week

Old 09-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor

PHILADELPHIA -- Jevon Kearse will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury the star defensive end sustained in Philadelphia's overtime loss to the Giants on Sunday.

Kearse's injury included sprains of multiple ligaments, including the medial collateral ligament, the lateral collateral ligament, and the posterior cruciate ligament.

The Eagles said that treatment options for his knee will be determined in the near future.

Kearse, who had 2½ sacks in the game, was injured when his leg knocked against Mike Patterson while the two brought down Eli Manning on New York's first possession of the extra period. Kearse reached for his left knee immediately after the play, was helped off the field and carted to the locker room.

Guard Shawn Andrews strained his shoulder, cornerback Rod Hood left with a heel injury, tight end L.J. Smith sprained his shoulder and running back Brian Westbrook has swelling in his knee.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Man, Philly fans have it rough.

I remember some linebacker kicked an extra point for David Akers last year. Maybe Akers can fill in on the defense for a few snaps per game to make it up. He's a pretty tough guy, I think he'd be up for it.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier

Please respect the fact that I can't think straight still. I'm still unable to put coherent sentences together.

We lost Sheppard, Hood, and Kearse at some point in that game which didn't help. Not making excuses. I was fuming. Manning still sucks, though he played well against us. How many sacks? A lot. He needs to be able to duck a few more than that.

Troy Aikman is the stupidest man alive. Akers got shoved into a coach, and he said he just ran out of his way to attack him.

Then he said Kearse must be suffering from cramps when Kearse tore up his knee.

Oh, and the tripping play should have been a holding call before the trip. The guy was getting held the whole way and the refs were morons. Meanwhile Runyan gets called for touching a guy. The refs are never fair on holding with the Eagles.

We lost cause Reid put together the worst playcalling ever. He should have snuck on that fourth and run. He should have run some bootlegs with McNabb because they were expecting each and every Westbrook run. Imagine McNabb faking it and going the other way for a big gain. That was too easy. And prevent defense is the stupidest thing ever created. We dominated by pressuring Manning, then let up and gave him time, which is the only way he can beat you. Terrible.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #102
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Man, Philly fans have it rough.

I remember some linebacker kicked an extra point for David Akers last year. Maybe Akers can fill in on the defense for a few snaps per game to make it up. He's a pretty tough guy, I think he'd be up for it.
well we know he likes to take cheap shots at deffenseless assistant coaches, so maybe he would be.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #103
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Troy Aikman is the stupidest man alive. Akers got shoved into a coach, and he said he just ran out of his way to attack him.

Then he said Kearse must be suffering from cramps when Kearse tore up his knee.
first off, akers got a small push from behind and put up two forearms when he ran into the coach... most people would put their hands up and not push forward when trying to stop their forward momentum... putting your forearms up and pushing forward with them as you make contact.. well... let's just say it looks a tad suspicious.

and perhaps you were fuming at the collapse of the phancy philadelphia pheagles at the time, but 2 plays before the freak has his knee injury, he was on the floor... having to be carried off... because of cramps...

to say that he might be cramping again before seeing the replay is not exactly that much of a stretch.

Quote:
Please respect the fact that I can't think straight still. I'm still unable to put coherent sentences together.

We lost Sheppard, Hood, and Kearse at some point in that game which didn't help. Not making excuses. I was fuming. Manning still sucks, though he played well against us. How many sacks? A lot. He needs to be able to duck a few more than that.

Oh, and the tripping play should have been a holding call before the trip. The guy was getting held the whole way and the refs were morons. Meanwhile Runyan gets called for touching a guy. The refs are never fair on holding with the Eagles.

We lost cause Reid put together the worst playcalling ever. He should have snuck on that fourth and run. He should have run some bootlegs with McNabb because they were expecting each and every Westbrook run. Imagine McNabb faking it and going the other way for a big gain. That was too easy. And prevent defense is the stupidest thing ever created. We dominated by pressuring Manning, then let up and gave him time, which is the only way he can beat you. Terrible.
eh hem...

Old 09-18-2006, 08:18 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

well we know he likes to take cheap shots at deffenseless assistant coaches, so maybe he would be.
Just for laffs:

Old 09-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Just for laffs:

touche'