The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing might have been the second-worst thing to happen to the Eagles that day. I just saw the replay of Jevon Kearse's injury, and that looks like a textbook ACL blowout.

Suddenly the mayor of Philadelphia (or was it a fine impression by Captain Janks) is rethinking the already planned and paid for Eagle's divison title parade, NFC title parade and SuperBowl championship parade.

speedracer said:
Losing might have been the second-worst thing to happen to the Eagles that day. I just saw the replay of Jevon Kearse's injury, and that looks like a textbook ACL blowout.

they're saying for now that it's sprained... MRI today. that would be a crushing loss for their D-Line, which has been phenominal thus far into the season.

StlElevation said:
whats wrong with the fourth, aka the most important quarter? shouldn't stats during crunch time do away with what's done with less pressure?

see: peyton manning in the playoffs
see: tom brady in the playoffs

No kidding. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. He came up big and made the plays when it mattered most, and that's what counts.

That was a great game.

Big notch in Eli's belt, I mean wow, after getting pounded all day, makes those throws...

The Eagles have serious secondary issues. Michael Lewis is useless. Andy Reid has a proven track record of becoming conservative and predictable when leading, playing "not to lose". It may be time to think regime change in Philly.

Signed,

Disgusted But Will Change His Story Next Week

Headache in a Suitcase presents your Great Moments in Douchebaggery Penalty of the Week

capt.53acee7c3f524708bfeb926e30fb1f0b.giants_eagles_football_pxs106.jpg

PHILADELPHIA -- Jevon Kearse will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury the star defensive end sustained in Philadelphia's overtime loss to the Giants on Sunday.

Kearse's injury included sprains of multiple ligaments, including the medial collateral ligament, the lateral collateral ligament, and the posterior cruciate ligament.

The Eagles said that treatment options for his knee will be determined in the near future.

Kearse, who had 2½ sacks in the game, was injured when his leg knocked against Mike Patterson while the two brought down Eli Manning on New York's first possession of the extra period. Kearse reached for his left knee immediately after the play, was helped off the field and carted to the locker room.

Guard Shawn Andrews strained his shoulder, cornerback Rod Hood left with a heel injury, tight end L.J. Smith sprained his shoulder and running back Brian Westbrook has swelling in his knee.

Man, Philly fans have it rough.

I remember some linebacker kicked an extra point for David Akers last year. Maybe Akers can fill in on the defense for a few snaps per game to make it up. He's a pretty tough guy, I think he'd be up for it.

Last edited:
Please respect the fact that I can't think straight still. I'm still unable to put coherent sentences together.

We lost Sheppard, Hood, and Kearse at some point in that game which didn't help. Not making excuses. I was fuming. Manning still sucks, though he played well against us. How many sacks? A lot. He needs to be able to duck a few more than that.

Troy Aikman is the stupidest man alive. Akers got shoved into a coach, and he said he just ran out of his way to attack him.

Then he said Kearse must be suffering from cramps when Kearse tore up his knee.

Oh, and the tripping play should have been a holding call before the trip. The guy was getting held the whole way and the refs were morons. Meanwhile Runyan gets called for touching a guy. The refs are never fair on holding with the Eagles.

We lost cause Reid put together the worst playcalling ever. He should have snuck on that fourth and run. He should have run some bootlegs with McNabb because they were expecting each and every Westbrook run. Imagine McNabb faking it and going the other way for a big gain. That was too easy. And prevent defense is the stupidest thing ever created. We dominated by pressuring Manning, then let up and gave him time, which is the only way he can beat you. Terrible.

speedracer said:
Man, Philly fans have it rough.

I remember some linebacker kicked an extra point for David Akers last year. Maybe Akers can fill in on the defense for a few snaps per game to make it up. He's a pretty tough guy, I think he'd be up for it.

well we know he likes to take cheap shots at deffenseless assistant coaches, so maybe he would be.

phillyfan26 said:
Troy Aikman is the stupidest man alive. Akers got shoved into a coach, and he said he just ran out of his way to attack him.

Then he said Kearse must be suffering from cramps when Kearse tore up his knee.

first off, akers got a small push from behind and put up two forearms when he ran into the coach... most people would put their hands up and not push forward when trying to stop their forward momentum... putting your forearms up and pushing forward with them as you make contact.. well... let's just say it looks a tad suspicious.

and perhaps you were fuming at the collapse of the phancy philadelphia pheagles at the time, but 2 plays before the freak has his knee injury, he was on the floor... having to be carried off... because of cramps...

to say that he might be cramping again before seeing the replay is not exactly that much of a stretch.

Please respect the fact that I can't think straight still. I'm still unable to put coherent sentences together.

We lost Sheppard, Hood, and Kearse at some point in that game which didn't help. Not making excuses. I was fuming. Manning still sucks, though he played well against us. How many sacks? A lot. He needs to be able to duck a few more than that.

Oh, and the tripping play should have been a holding call before the trip. The guy was getting held the whole way and the refs were morons. Meanwhile Runyan gets called for touching a guy. The refs are never fair on holding with the Eagles.

We lost cause Reid put together the worst playcalling ever. He should have snuck on that fourth and run. He should have run some bootlegs with McNabb because they were expecting each and every Westbrook run. Imagine McNabb faking it and going the other way for a big gain. That was too easy. And prevent defense is the stupidest thing ever created. We dominated by pressuring Manning, then let up and gave him time, which is the only way he can beat you. Terrible.

eh hem...

violin.gif

2006_09_17t222032_347x450_us_nfl.jpg

capt.1b25a3fbc75e4b09819dcbabf6886d88.giants_eagles_football_pxs103.jpg

r598934241.jpg

r2448076540.jpg

r2695147251.jpg

:dance::dance::dance:

:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

well we know he likes to take cheap shots at deffenseless assistant coaches, so maybe he would be.

Just for laffs:

1100706901_5904.jpg

(posted this in the pick-em thread by mistake)

"Had officials not decided on Sunday to waive the offensive holding rule regarding the Giants, Philadelphia would have led by a greater margin than 24-7 at the start of the fourth quarter."

That from a national writer on ESPN, Gregg Easterbrook. No bias there and he agreed with me completely.

Do they have parabolic chambers for your finger?

I have to agree as much as I dislike his media personality-TO is quite an amazing athlete.

phanan said:
T.O. breaks a finger and now might not even miss a single game.

Quite amazing.

Too bad he didn't have to have his jaw wired shut for the next six or eight weeks.

Even if he doesn't miss their next game, I can't imagine he's going to play well. :shrug:

just like nobody expected him to play well in the superbowl with an even worse injury. and even despite that performance the iggles couldn't win.

StlElevation said:
just like nobody expected him to play well in the superbowl with an even worse injury. and even despite that performance the iggles couldn't win.

....and he was the only one who played well in that Superbowl. Maybe the Eagles have a chance at this next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom