The Official NFL Thread, Part One - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #496
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:56 AM
ladainian tomlinson may be the best football player we've ever seen. there... i said it.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #497
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Dave's karma
Hey now, what did I do...?

And Headache - I agree absolutely with your most recent post. LT is the best player in the NFL right now, bar none, and will end up as one of the best backs ever.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:09 AM   #498
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
There's no way right now anyone besides Tomlinson deserves any first place votes.
Peyton Manning is in no way more valuable right now than Tomlinson, the MVP is not based on how many commercials you appear in.
What he said.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #499
Blue Crack Distributor

peyton is the clear #2, and in reality he may be just as important to the colts as LT is to the chargers... but tomlinson is just putting up numbers that are staggering and is as valuable to his team if not maybe even a little more valuable. it's not selling peyton short... tomlinson's just been that good.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #500
Refugee

Quote:
Oh dear, Donovan got carted off.
Yeah I was there and my stomach sank.......So much for this season. As much as Andy Reid has done for this team I think they need a new coaching direction maybe. The philosophical approach is not working any more...
Old 11-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by mkdominatr

Yeah I was there and my stomach sank.......So much for this season. As much as Andy Reid has done for this team I think they need a new coaching direction maybe. The philosophical approach is not working any more...
Really? I disagree with Andy Reid's game management quite a bit, but he seems to be a fine coach otherwise. Who are you going to get to replace him?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #502
Blue Crack Addict

The guy has led the team to four NFC titles. I wouldn't give up on him that easily.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:49 PM   #503
Blue Crack Supplier

Andy had degraded into maybe the worst coach in the NFL! Are you guys kidding me?

The Eagles have looked so unprepared for every game this season. They run awful two-minute drills. They commit stupid penalties. The playcalling is a mess. The team is falling apart at the seems. And we're supposed to keep him?

I sincerely appreciate what he did to build this team through good drafting, but his coaching skills have fallen to pathetic levels over the last two years. The players never seem prepared enough going in. They don't have a gameplan.

And phanan, 1 NFC title, 3 runner-ups.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #504
Babyface

Well, phillyfan, we've got some work to do. For the preparedness, we've got to work on that. And as for the two minute drills, we need to get better there. The penalties are something we're going to take a look at. We didn't play very well. We've got to do a better job.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #505
Refugee

Quote:

I sincerely appreciate what he did to build this team through good drafting, but his coaching skills have fallen to pathetic levels over the last two years. The players never seem prepared enough going in. They don't have a gameplan.

And phanan, 1 NFC title, 3 runner-ups.
Yeah. He HAS done a good job building and getting the team to a successful level. However, those tactics and whatever it may be are no longer working. (at least with this group of very talented players.) You can say yes it maybe in part the players' faults, but Andy is not putting them in any kind of position to win. Whether it be his game plan or practice routines, something has gone wrong.

Quote:
[i]Well, phillyfan, we've got some work to do. For the preparedness, we've got to work on that. And as for the two minute drills, we need to get better there. The penalties are something we're going to take a look at. We didn't play very well. We've got to do a better job.[/B]
Hahahaha. Yeah. Maybe next time?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #506
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Reid
Well, phillyfan, we've got some work to do. For the preparedness, we've got to work on that. And as for the two minute drills, we need to get better there. The penalties are something we're going to take a look at. We didn't play very well. We've got to do a better job.
Wow. That sounds like every press conference he's ever given.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm surprised you're so glum, afterall I thought Donte Stallworth was going to be the difference maker.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #508
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
I'm surprised you're so glum, afterall I thought Donte Stallworth was going to be the difference maker.
He was supposed to help.

I didn't think Andy would be so bad.

We absolutely let three games go. We should be 8-2.

Donovan's done, and that's just a formality. It was probably over anyway.

We're so glum here. Every team sucks.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #509
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
The Eagles have looked so unprepared for every game this season. They run awful two-minute drills. They commit stupid penalties. The playcalling is a mess. The team is falling apart at the seems. And we're supposed to keep him?

Phillyfan, you just described half the teams in the NFL. The window has closed for the Eagles because of McNabb not Andy Reid. Donovon McNabb is the one who wears downs in the big game. Philly went to four NFC championships because of defense and firm coaching not McNabb.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #510
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Phillyfan, you just described half the teams in the NFL. The window has closed for the Eagles because of McNabb not Andy Reid. Donovon McNabb is the one who wears downs in the big game. Philly went to four NFC championships because of defense and firm coaching not McNabb.
That's the opinion of a lot of people who take a couple of jokes and believe them. McNabb has worn down three times in his entire career, all for a specific reason:

2003 game at JAX
2005 Super Bowl game at JAX
2006 game at TB

See the pattern? Each game was in Florida. Something about Florida bugs him.

So, the wearing down part of your theory is out the window.

The main problem with the Eagles this season has been BEING UNPREPARED , STUPID PENALTIES , and SLOW STARTS . How are those things the fault of McNabb specifically? It's the coaches first, secondly the players as a whole.

I can't stand how people who fall for some badly spread theories on the Eagles. McNabb is actually one of the games' best quarterbacks. He has been slowed by injuries, true. The defense was good for years. True. But he's also a great QB. McNabb and Brady are two of a very small list of successful QBs with WRs who absolutely sucked. Brady has been a little more successful. True. But he's the best in the game. Manning is also up there, though with great targets. McNabb is in that top core.

Besides, your theory itself doesn't make sense in the first place. If he always was a bad QB who wears down in big games, the decline CANNOT be attributed to him anyway, it would be attributed to what WAS successful, which you say is the defense. Even though it's not true, it is notable that it contradicts your whole point.

Overall, McNabb is a very good quarterback. He has declined a little bit due to injuries over the years. But he was just recently an MVP canidate! The McNabb hating has never made sense to me. He's such a great QB, a good person, yet people are quick to jump on him like they are a T.O. or an A-Rod, someone with dislikable qualities. It's misplaced entirely.