The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
The three of you??

You do know I'm Pats fan, remember the team that most recently crushed Philly's hopes of snapping the longest drought in North America for a city to win a championship who is represented in all 4 major sports.

(thought you were a New Yorker :reject: )

I meant the three NFC East rivals that all have blantant QB weaknesses. Sorry.

And yes we do have the longest drought. Painfully long. Let's just say I have not seen a Philly sports championship in my lifetime.

hey if the giants and manning and the boys and bledsoe are considered QB weaknesses then I suppose donovan didnt eat enough chunky soup before the superbowl mcnabb should be too since he can't handle the fourth quarter of the big game.

i'm trying to figure something out here... and that something is how it's possible to get zero pass rush, yet still leave guys so wide open that there's no one within 15 yards of them when they make the catch?

ponderous... until someone can give me a real explanation to this, i shall simply tip my hat and call the eagles my daddies

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
not really sure if i'd call it taking someone to school... when the reciever is constantly bare ass open, you don't even have to take anyone to school...

if the giants D & offensive line plays like this for the reson of the season, forget 12-4... more like 4-12.

i was talking specifically of the two plays on the same drive when stallworth got wide open...one for a large gain then one for the TD when he made madison look silly

This is the worst Eagles collapse I've seen in my short lifetime. Brutal. I can barely watch. (Currently Eagles Ball in OT)

Did Plaxico Burress throw the ball into a crowd of Eagles fans or Giants fans? All I saw was a brief replay of the winning score.

25436268.jpg

phillyfan26 said:
I meant the three NFC East rivals that all have blantant QB weaknesses. Sorry.

31/43, 371 yards, 3TDs, 1int

the best part about that was they panned to the onfield camera after burress caught it and while throwing the ball away said twice, "GET THAT SHIT OUTTA HERE". clear as day. awesome.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
25436268.jpg

31/43, 371 yards, 3TDs, 1int

He sucked for three quarters. Literally, any QB in the league was putting up those stats the way the Eagles shut it down in the fourth and in overtime. I've never seen a team give away a game like that. Never. Give me his stats for the first three quarters and you get your real assesment.

whats wrong with the fourth, aka the most important quarter? shouldn't stats during crunch time do away with what's done with less pressure?

see: peyton manning in the playoffs
see: tom brady in the playoffs

phillyfan26 said:
Give me his stats for the first three quarters and you get your real assesment.

11-17, 124 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions...

great? no... bad? no... pretty good actually, esp. considering how bad the giants O-line was playing.

so i don't know what game you were watching, but eli certainly was not the giants problem for the first 3 quarters.

and to top it off, he could have gone 5-22 with 3 INTs in the first 3 quarters for all i care... it's the same reason why Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning... it's not what you do in quarters 1, 2 and 3... it's what you do in the clutch to help your team WIN the game.

eli in the 4th quarter and overtime... 20-26, 247 yards, 1 touchdown/1 INT

chunky soup boy on the other hand... 4-9 for 30 yards and a bone head penalty... but with his team ahead you can't expect him to really be throwing much in the 4th... so let's look at overtime.

1-3 for -3 yards, 3 and out

stats are made in quarters 1-3... players are made in the 4th quarter on. just ask peyton and tom

phillyfan26 said:

He sucked for three quarters. Literally, any QB in the league was putting up those stats the way the Eagles shut it down in the fourth and in overtime.

i could very easily say "any QB in the league could put up the numbers donovan and LJ Smith were putting up in the first half with the god awful way the giants were playing, or rather not playing D. my grandmother could complete a pass when there's no one within 15 yards of the intended reciever.

but i'm not saying that :wink:

mcnabb took advantge of what the giants gave him and dominated for 3 quarters... unfortunatly for the phancy philadelphia pheagles, he was pretty much non-existant in the 4th and OT (much like the mets offense in pittsburgh :mad: )

i will say that the giants need to go back to the drawing board on D and fix the coverage problems that plagued them in the first half, or it'll be a long trip home from seattle next weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom