The Official NFL Thread, Part One - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2006, 07:21 AM   #421
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the ones who picked the dolphins are
EZ Money.
Should have looked for a money line as well. (Since I have the fins in the pick'em)

Old 11-06-2006, 07:29 AM   #422
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

Actually, having a tipped ball intercepted is worse than making a bad throw for an interception. You can make sure you don't repeat the bad throw but tipped balls are unexpected. So if the Pats see the Colts in the playoffs, don't expect a big game out of Brady. Two losses at home while being outplayed by Manning, I'd say that might get to his head if you believe a team can get into a player's head.
That makes zero sense...the QB makes a good throw, the receiver botches it, so expect the QB to make bad throw later as a result???

Old 11-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #423
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
After all he's done for them, I dont understand all the hatred New England fans have for Vinatieri.

Despite having lots of room under the salary cap, management didn't offer him a contract worth his full value. Don't blame Vinatieri for that.
The Pats made a preliminary offer, Vinatieri (his agent actually) went to the Colts, they got a better offer, never entered into any counter-negotiations with the Pats, took the money and ran. Should the Pats and their fans not feel at least a little slighted that Adam and his agent never made any attempt to negotiate with his current team?

Contract negotiations are a 2 way street.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:41 AM   #424
Blue Crack Addict

Kudos to the Colts, played a far better game last night. Not sure why the Pats didn't run more, the running game was very effective.

Still can't believe the taunting call on Troy Brown for tossing the ball to the sideline official (the guy who was jogging to the spot wearing the orange X vext, who ususally holds the ball), and the Colt defender stepped into the path. Thats an official not paying attention and not knowing the player involved.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #425
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
what sucks is the rams have already won their Hewson predicted 4th game, which means they arent going to win anymore for the rest of the year, i guess ill start watching hockey or something
How are the Blues doing?
Old 11-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #426
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
The Pats made a preliminary offer, Vinatieri (his agent actually) went to the Colts, they got a better offer, never entered into any counter-negotiations with the Pats, took the money and ran. Should the Pats and their fans not feel at least a little slighted that Adam and his agent never made any attempt to negotiate with his current team?

Contract negotiations are a 2 way street.
the guy is an icon in patriot history... he kicked not one but TWO super bowl winning field goals, not to mention the snow game kick and countless other clutch performances.

he should have been given a standing ovation the first time he took the field... and then booed from then on out.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:56 AM   #427
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Still can't believe the taunting call on Troy Brown for tossing the ball to the sideline official (the guy who was jogging to the spot wearing the orange X vext, who ususally holds the ball), and the Colt defender stepped into the path. Thats an official not paying attention and not knowing the player involved.
that was a bit silly, yes.

i would like to thank tom brady, where ever you are... despite the fact that i picked the pats to win the game, your stinker of a performance actually allowed my fantasy team (the one for money not the gangsta interference no fraction points one) to pull off a stunning victory over the first place team, moving my own team into second place after a 4th straight victory.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #428
Blue Crack Addict

Fraction points

That's just a cheap way to win games.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:10 AM   #429
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:

Colts got payback with the taunting call on Marvin Harrison for spiking and nailing the Pats defender in the grill. I wish they would have replayed THAT a few times!

Over the past two games, I have felt that the Pats have had MORE than enough calls go their way. That whole "no catch" last week with the Vikings was bullcrap. Same with the "no fumble" last night.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #430
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Fraction points

That's just a cheap way to win games.
fantasy leagues without fractional points can blow me... too easy to get a tie. tie's in fantasy are like kissing your sister.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #431
Blue Crack Addict

Have you seen Dave's sister??
Old 11-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #432
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

Colts got payback with the taunting call on Marvin Harrison for spiking and nailing the Pats defender in the grill. I wish they would have replayed THAT a few times!
Well Harrison may have been unintentional as well, but a spike is more likely to be a taunt than flipping the ball to a sideline official.

Seems the zebras were a bit overzealous last night, perhaps told to be on the lookout for stuff cause its become a bit of a rivalry, and took things too literally on a few occasions.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #433
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:

Seems the zebras were a bit overzealous last night, perhaps told to be on the lookout for stuff cause its become a bit of a rivalry, and took things too literally on a few occasions.
I thought they were down right HORRIBLE.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #434
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Well Harrison may have been unintentional as well, but a spike is more likely to be a taunt than flipping the ball to a sideline official.

The call on Mike Vrabel comes to mind. He was well within the 5 yards when he touched the receiver, and didn't lay a hand on him again.

Sometimes you get the calls, sometimes you don't, but over the long haul, more often than not, it all evens out in the end.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #435
Blue Crack Distributor

the pats have been getting "the calls" more often than not for the entire decade thus far... it's only a matter of time still they started to turn the other way