The Official NFL Thread, Part One - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2006, 11:43 PM   #346
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Compare the Eagles' schedule to the Giants' schedule over the next three weeks. Aside from next week, I'm not worried.
If I was an Eagles fan, and my team was 4-4 after a relatively soft part of their schedule, I'd be worrying.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:40 AM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

That's why you're not an Eagles fan.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:11 AM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

how about them Arizona Cardinals?

maybe next year people wont fall for the preseason hype
Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #349
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

If I was an Eagles fan, and my team was 4-4 after a relatively soft part of their schedule, I'd be worrying.
The Eagles have been favorites in all 8 games thus far this season, so being 4-4 is a bad sign if you're an Iggles fan.

The run thay have between Thanksgiving and Christmas, at Indy, home to Carolina and then a 3 game road trip at all 3 division rivals should land them in the top 10...of the 2007 draft.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #350
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Compare the Eagles' schedule to the Giants' schedule over the next three weeks. Aside from next week, I'm not worried.

By the way, you're a game and a half up with nine weeks left to play. I wouldn't start planning the parade quite yet.
2 games in the loss column, which is really the only stat that matters... but if you need to be technical, with houston coming up and philly on the bye, you can have your "official" 2 game lead by the end of the week.

oh, and we only have parades for super bowls, not division titles.

back to reality, philly's schedule is significantly harder from this point, while the giants schedule, the bear game aside, is actually easier.

the winning percentage of the teams the eagles have played thus far is .482% (4 home games, 4 road games), in which the eagles have a record of 4-4.

the remainder of the eagles' schedule (4 home games, 4 road games) has a combined winning percentage of .544%.

they are 1-1 in the division, 3-3 against the NFC.

the winning percentage of the teams the giants have played thus far is .569% (3 home games, 4 road games), in which the giants have a record of 5-2.

the remainder of the giants schedule (5 home games, 4 road games) has a combined winning percentage of .523%.

they are 3-0 in the division, 5-1 against the NFC.

so the giants have an easier schedule, more home games, a 2 game lead in the loss column and a clear advantage in tie breakers.

yes of course, the season is far from over. tiki or eli goes down with an injury and you can throw the giants season out the window... much like if mcnabb goes down for philly.

but the giants are certainly in the driver's seat, and midway through the season, controll their own destiny in the NFC East.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #351
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
how about them Arizona Cardinals?

maybe next year people wont fall for the preseason hype
it's what i get for believing in a denny green coached team.

shame on me
Old 10-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #352
Blue Crack Addict

I must say the Cardinals have to be thankful for the existence of the Dolphins and Steelers, otherwise the Cards could be the biggest underachievers of the first half of the season based on expectation.

But as of now Miami wins that award in a SI/ESPN cover curse shoo-in.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #353
Blue Crack Distributor

perhaps daunte should take the team out for a motivational boat trip
Old 10-30-2006, 03:35 PM   #354
Blue Crack Supplier

Dave, if you were a real Eagles fan, wouldn't you be doubting them right now like I am?

Our schedule sucks the rest of the way. The three road games in division in a row in December is murder. At Indianapolis too?

The Eagles missed their chance. They should be 7-1 if not for those last second losses in which they outplayed their opponent each and every time.

I really don't see how you could possibly say you're not worried, that our schedule isn't tough, and that the New York Giants aren't going to get out easy.

Frankly, it's much more satisfying to be untalented with this record than talented and underachieving.

Andy's clock management and team management has fallen to the point where, despite my trust for 8 years, I am now calling for his firing. It's a complete joke. They come out unprepared and unmotivated every week now.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:07 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I've never had trouble watching an NFL broadcast because of the men in the booth but this Monday Night crew and overall broadcast is really bothering me. I don't care about the halftime race of the people dressed up as you!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:13 PM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I've never had trouble watching an NFL broadcast because of the men in the booth but this Monday Night crew and overall broadcast is really bothering me. I don't care about the halftime race of the people dressed up as you!
It was almost worth it to hear the crowd boo Michael Irvin, Tony Kornheiser and Joe Theismann.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:37 PM   #357
War Child

Local Time: 01:58 AM
I don't know who is worse-Kornheiser or Theisman...I am so sick of Mon. night announcers talking about nothing just to hear themselves talk...I want to bang my head into a wall... (interesting that there is a smily for that!!)

Anyways...GO PATS!! Next week should be an intersting game...never quite sure how they will go..hopefully Mr. Manning will get his bell rung like he usually does at Foxboro...
Old 10-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

The Pats use of the 5 wideouts and the way they dissected the Vikes should give Dungy and co. something to think about, which is just what Belichick wants cause the Colts will see a completely different look next Sunday, Dillon, Maroney, Dillon, Dillon, Maroney, Dillon, and so on.
Should be fun.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:28 AM   #359
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:58 PM
I think the Pats could thank the refs for socking the momentum out of the Vikings second half game. I am not saying that they would come back....but I doubt the final score would be 30-7.

And thank GOD the Eagles are off this week...we do not have to listen to any whinning!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:49 AM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
And thank GOD the Eagles are off this week...we do not have to listen to any whinning!
come now... do you really think a week off will stop it?