The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
forget burress... how about using shockey a bit more. even urlacher, beast that he is, was talking about how the bears dodged a bullet by not using shockey more often.

a few things with the giants drive me crazy... mis-use of shockey is one of them. when they go to shockey, their offense is highly successful. it opens up the rest of the field. just look at the one drive in the second half where they did go to shockey. the giants marched down the field with ease.

they have so many weapons, but they aren't nearly as explosive as they should be. if they would use shockey more often, that 1st half INT that was going to plax is perhaps a bit easier.

right now they take chances with eli, and when it doesn't work they just rely on barber. with tiki retiring, i'd like to see the giants get a new offensive coordinator and a proven QB coach brought in next season. the giants offense should be much much better than it is.

hey guys

ouch

that hurt

i'm here on an examination table in the linc

and i thought of my friends

you might be worried

but i'm fine

it hurt, but really i'm fine

honestly

i came back from a hernia

and i kick ass

really the cart was just because coach didn't want me to have to walk all the way to the tunnel

really guys

i'm fine

really

The Colts undefeated streak ends but overall I think there are a few positives.
1. Less media attention.
2. Some improvement in the run defense.
3. Perhaps a reality check that could inspire the team to play their best later in the season unlike the past few years.

randhail said:
Brady didn't look half bad out there today. :wink:

Granted the Packers suck, but he still looked good.

The Patriots need to perform that good against a high-caliber team, something they haven't done yet.

If they beat the Bears next week, I see that as a huge emotional lift for them.

Screwtape2 said:
The Colts undefeated streak ends but overall I think there are a few positives.
1. Less media attention.
2. Some improvement in the run defense.
3. Perhaps a reality check that could inspire the team to play their best later in the season unlike the past few years.

And maybe get some of the injured defensive players back....

Screwtape2 said:
The two man race for the MVP is getting interesting.
LT will have the stats but Peyton seems to the be the more valuable player. :shrug:
There's no way right now anyone besides Tomlinson deserves any first place votes.
Peyton Manning is in no way more valuable right now than Tomlinson, the MVP is not based on how many commercials you appear in.

phillyfan26 said:

Dave's karma :madspit:

Hey now, what did I do...? :(

And Headache - I agree absolutely with your most recent post. LT is the best player in the NFL right now, bar none, and will end up as one of the best backs ever.

peyton is the clear #2, and in reality he may be just as important to the colts as LT is to the chargers... but tomlinson is just putting up numbers that are staggering and is as valuable to his team if not maybe even a little more valuable. it's not selling peyton short... tomlinson's just been that good.

phillyfan26 said:
Oh dear, Donovan got carted off. :faint:

Yeah I was there and my stomach sank.......So much for this season. As much as Andy Reid has done for this team I think they need a new coaching direction maybe. The philosophical approach is not working any more...

mkdominatr said:

Yeah I was there and my stomach sank.......So much for this season. As much as Andy Reid has done for this team I think they need a new coaching direction maybe. The philosophical approach is not working any more...

Really? I disagree with Andy Reid's game management quite a bit, but he seems to be a fine coach otherwise. Who are you going to get to replace him?

Andy had degraded into maybe the worst coach in the NFL! Are you guys kidding me?

The Eagles have looked so unprepared for every game this season. They run awful two-minute drills. They commit stupid penalties. The playcalling is a mess. The team is falling apart at the seems. And we're supposed to keep him?

I sincerely appreciate what he did to build this team through good drafting, but his coaching skills have fallen to pathetic levels over the last two years. The players never seem prepared enough going in. They don't have a gameplan.

And phanan, 1 NFC title, 3 runner-ups.

Well, phillyfan, we've got some work to do. For the preparedness, we've got to work on that. And as for the two minute drills, we need to get better there. The penalties are something we're going to take a look at. We didn't play very well. We've got to do a better job.

phillyfan26 said:

I sincerely appreciate what he did to build this team through good drafting, but his coaching skills have fallen to pathetic levels over the last two years. The players never seem prepared enough going in. They don't have a gameplan.

And phanan, 1 NFC title, 3 runner-ups.

Yeah. He HAS done a good job building and getting the team to a successful level. However, those tactics and whatever it may be are no longer working. (at least with this group of very talented players.) You can say yes it maybe in part the players' faults, but Andy is not putting them in any kind of position to win. Whether it be his game plan or practice routines, something has gone wrong.

Well, phillyfan, we've got some work to do. For the preparedness, we've got to work on that. And as for the two minute drills, we need to get better there. The penalties are something we're going to take a look at. We didn't play very well. We've got to do a better job.[/B]

Hahahaha. Yeah. Maybe next time?

Andy Reid said:
Well, phillyfan, we've got some work to do. For the preparedness, we've got to work on that. And as for the two minute drills, we need to get better there. The penalties are something we're going to take a look at. We didn't play very well. We've got to do a better job.

Wow. That sounds like every press conference he's ever given.

randhail said:
I'm surprised you're so glum, afterall I thought Donte Stallworth was going to be the difference maker.

He was supposed to help.

I didn't think Andy would be so bad.

We absolutely let three games go. We should be 8-2.

Donovan's done, and that's just a formality. It was probably over anyway.

We're so glum here. Every team sucks.

phillyfan26 said:
The Eagles have looked so unprepared for every game this season. They run awful two-minute drills. They commit stupid penalties. The playcalling is a mess. The team is falling apart at the seems. And we're supposed to keep him?

Phillyfan, you just described half the teams in the NFL. The window has closed for the Eagles because of McNabb not Andy Reid. Donovon McNabb is the one who wears downs in the big game. Philly went to four NFC championships because of defense and firm coaching not McNabb.

Screwtape2 said:
Phillyfan, you just described half the teams in the NFL. The window has closed for the Eagles because of McNabb not Andy Reid. Donovon McNabb is the one who wears downs in the big game. Philly went to four NFC championships because of defense and firm coaching not McNabb.

That's the opinion of a lot of people who take a couple of jokes and believe them. McNabb has worn down three times in his entire career, all for a specific reason:

2003 game at JAX
2005 Super Bowl game at JAX
2006 game at TB

See the pattern? Each game was in Florida. Something about Florida bugs him.

So, the wearing down part of your theory is out the window.

The main problem with the Eagles this season has been BEING UNPREPARED , STUPID PENALTIES , and SLOW STARTS . How are those things the fault of McNabb specifically? It's the coaches first, secondly the players as a whole.

I can't stand how people who fall for some badly spread theories on the Eagles. McNabb is actually one of the games' best quarterbacks. He has been slowed by injuries, true. The defense was good for years. True. But he's also a great QB. McNabb and Brady are two of a very small list of successful QBs with WRs who absolutely sucked. Brady has been a little more successful. True. But he's the best in the game. Manning is also up there, though with great targets. McNabb is in that top core.

Besides, your theory itself doesn't make sense in the first place. If he always was a bad QB who wears down in big games, the decline CANNOT be attributed to him anyway, it would be attributed to what WAS successful, which you say is the defense. Even though it's not true, it is notable that it contradicts your whole point.

Overall, McNabb is a very good quarterback. He has declined a little bit due to injuries over the years. But he was just recently an MVP canidate! The McNabb hating has never made sense to me. He's such a great QB, a good person, yet people are quick to jump on him like they are a T.O. or an A-Rod, someone with dislikable qualities. It's misplaced entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom