The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:angry:

Hey, at least it didn't happen at the Linc.

As much as I wish it would, this probably won't change much in the NFC East. Eli's still got Plaxico and Shockey to throw to.

:sigh:

Hey, anytime an opposing team wants to lose a wideout for the season at Lincoln Financial Field, they can go right ahead. :up:

Hewson said:
Don't worry DaveC...its almost the Christmas season and Iggles fans will have Santa Claus to kick around again as their team hurtles toward a high 2007 draft position.:wink:

Now Now Hewson....Eagles fans ALWAYS have a bowl in Jan. to look forward to...the WING BOWL!

This is dangerous to post tonight. But I have confidence anyway. As a Bears fan, I hope we make Eli look aweful, Plexiglass look shook, and the most important thing I want to see is Shockey shaking his head on the sideline because he knows we OWNED him.

GO BEARS!!!

Ok, I think I can put my guard down a little now and relax. The game looks good.

I have some things that I liked. :)

First, it was nice to see Mark Bradley have a good game tonight. The Bears picked him in the 2nd round last year and he was looking good until he tore his ACL or something like that. With him and Berrian, I'm get kindof excited for the future.
Ok, I have to admit this too. When we signed Muhsin Muhammed, I was not happy. I thought that guy had a great year before he came to us with Carolina, but it waaas a contract year. But man do I love him now!
And finally. Did you see what I wanted? A shot of Shockey on the sideline all depressed? I love it...

two plays completely turned momentum... the 108 yard missed field goal return (which never should have happened because the kick shouldn't have been made... that's just plain stupid)... and more-so the 3rd and 22 draw play for a first down. chicago was more or less giving in to the fact that they could not do anything against the depleted giants defense by running on 3rd and very long, and the giants let him get a fucking first down. they stop that play, i think the giants blow the bears out. it seemed like a different game from that point on... up until mid-way through the third where it looked like the giants shook off the shock that they dominated most of the game and were now losing, and they marched down the field quite easily with shockey/tiki/jacobs... right then the giants had regained momentum. then the stupidity of kicking a 50+ yard field goal in that stadium in on a windy rainy night... i mean that's just not knowing your own home field advantage. the winds swril at giants stadium on a calm and sunny day, let alone on a rainy cold night. that run back, which was a GREAT play btw... gave the giants their second gut punch in the same game, and they looked shaken... eli started over-throwing everything, the D wore down, and that was the ball game.

i fully expect a rematch of this game in mid-january, 1 vs. 2 @ soldier field, this time around with madison, umineyora and strahan on the field instead of on the sideline.

when the giants were able to get pressure on the QB, the bears offense was awful. they just couldn't sustain the pressure for the entire game. as long as osi and strahan can get healthy, that won't be the case next time again.

tip of the hat to the bears, see ya in january.

the nfl does a lot of things right... schedueling is not one of them.

the bears have been to the meadowlands i think 6 times since the early 80s (said it last night on the broadcast), and now play there twice in two weeks.

the giants go to seattle two years in a row, indy always has to go to new england, and i'm sure there's countless other examples... it makes no sense whatsoever. they need to readjust the way they do things.

another thing that pissed me off about the NFL this weekend... after the new england/jets game was over, a game in which i could really have cared less, they finally put the game of the day on... san diego/cinci... but they cut if off at 4:15 because nfl rules state they can't show it anymore because of the 4:15 game on fox, and the 4:15 game on fox in new york is dallas and arizona, yet another "who gives a shit" game.

oh and one more thing... bill belichik really needs to give the whole mangini thing a rest. i have the utmost respect for his coaching ability, but he's really being a little cry baby bitch about it, and needs to get over it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and more-so the 3rd and 22 draw play for a first down. chicago was more or less giving in to the fact that they could not do anything against the depleted giants defense by running on 3rd and very long, and the giants let him get a fucking first down. they stop that play, i think the giants blow the bears out. it seemed like a different game from that point on...

To me, this was the play of the game. Letting them run for a 1st in that situation is just inexcusable, and when the Bears converted that drive into a touchdown, with the momentum going into the half, you just knew the Giants were in trouble.

the nfl does a lot of things right... schedueling is not one of them.

the giants go to seattle two years in a row, indy always has to go to new england, and i'm sure there's countless other examples... it makes no sense whatsoever. they need to readjust the way they do things.

I read somewhere that if New England and Indianapolis win their divisions, they will face each other in Indy next year. If the same thing happens next year, they go to Indy again in 2008, and then the AFC East automatically plays the AFC South in 2009 and the Patriots are already scheduled to go to Indy that year, too.

So it will even out eventually - it's just a really whacked-out way of doing it.

phanan said:

To me, this was the play of the game. Letting them run for a 1st in that situation is just inexcusable, and when the Bears converted that drive into a touchdown, with the momentum going into the half, you just knew the Giants were in trouble.

when you run a draw on 3rd and very long, you're either a) stupid, or b) accepting that you're not going to get the first down and just trying to avoid the INT and/or sack so that you can punt with better field position.

the bears looked like a defeated team heading into that play... and the giants inability to make the play swung the momentum 180 degrees.

if the giants D were healthy, i.e. strahan and umenyora, would they have been able to make the play there? who knows... i think so, but they should have made the play, anyways. it's a 3rd and 22 run for pete's sake.

that play gave the bears life, and they took full advantage of it from that point on

Got Philk? said:
And finally. Did you see what I wanted? A shot of Shockey on the sideline all depressed? I love it...

I may hate him more than I hate any other professional athlete.

F*ck "Da U."

They are now reporting that some in SF are trying to block the team from taking the name if they are not going to be in the city. How sad this is for this legendary franchise. Are they having to pay in grief now for all the happiness and glory they had?

I still blame Eddie D s sister, ever since she tricked him out of the team they have fallen dramatically.

eli served me twice.

not only did he put up a stinker in the second half yesterday, but he got me -3.52 fantasy points.

i lost by 3.02 points.

served.

not to mention edge james and deshaun foster getting me a combined 11.6 points while brandon jacobs and travis henry combined for 29.6 points on the bench :mad:

Last edited:

that play gave the bears life, and they took full advantage of it from that point on

Gave the Bears life is quite the understatement. More like woke us up from the dead. We had NO life on either offense or defense.

I want to thank Eli and the Giants for not going to Burress more often. I really do think he could have eaten us up. I kept waiting for the deep ball to him. Maybe I missed it, but I never saw it. And I'm ok with this. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom