The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Actually, having a tipped ball intercepted is worse than making a bad throw for an interception. You can make sure you don't repeat the bad throw but tipped balls are unexpected. So if the Pats see the Colts in the playoffs, don't expect a big game out of Brady. Two losses at home while being outplayed by Manning, I'd say that might get to his head if you believe a team can get into a player's head.
That makes zero sense...the QB makes a good throw, the receiver botches it, so expect the QB to make bad throw later as a result???:huh:

Chizip said:
After all he's done for them, I dont understand all the hatred New England fans have for Vinatieri.

Despite having lots of room under the salary cap, management didn't offer him a contract worth his full value. Don't blame Vinatieri for that.
The Pats made a preliminary offer, Vinatieri (his agent actually) went to the Colts, they got a better offer, never entered into any counter-negotiations with the Pats, took the money and ran. Should the Pats and their fans not feel at least a little slighted that Adam and his agent never made any attempt to negotiate with his current team?

Contract negotiations are a 2 way street.

Kudos to the Colts, played a far better game last night. Not sure why the Pats didn't run more, the running game was very effective.

Still can't believe the taunting call on Troy Brown for tossing the ball to the sideline official (the guy who was jogging to the spot wearing the orange X vext, who ususally holds the ball), and the Colt defender stepped into the path. Thats an official not paying attention and not knowing the player involved.

Chizip said:
what sucks is the rams have already won their Hewson predicted 4th game, which means they arent going to win anymore for the rest of the year, i guess ill start watching hockey or something
How are the Blues doing?

Hewson said:
The Pats made a preliminary offer, Vinatieri (his agent actually) went to the Colts, they got a better offer, never entered into any counter-negotiations with the Pats, took the money and ran. Should the Pats and their fans not feel at least a little slighted that Adam and his agent never made any attempt to negotiate with his current team?

Contract negotiations are a 2 way street.

the guy is an icon in patriot history... he kicked not one but TWO super bowl winning field goals, not to mention the snow game kick and countless other clutch performances.

he should have been given a standing ovation the first time he took the field... and then booed from then on out.

Hewson said:
Still can't believe the taunting call on Troy Brown for tossing the ball to the sideline official (the guy who was jogging to the spot wearing the orange X vext, who ususally holds the ball), and the Colt defender stepped into the path. Thats an official not paying attention and not knowing the player involved.

that was a bit silly, yes.

i would like to thank tom brady, where ever you are... despite the fact that i picked the pats to win the game, your stinker of a performance actually allowed my fantasy team (the one for money not the gangsta interference no fraction points :mad: one) to pull off a stunning victory over the first place team, moving my own team into second place after a 4th straight victory.

Hewson said:

Colts got payback with the taunting call on Marvin Harrison for spiking and nailing the Pats defender in the grill. I wish they would have replayed THAT a few times!

Over the past two games, I have felt that the Pats have had MORE than enough calls go their way. That whole "no catch" last week with the Vikings was bullcrap. Same with the "no fumble" last night.

zoney! said:

Colts got payback with the taunting call on Marvin Harrison for spiking and nailing the Pats defender in the grill. I wish they would have replayed THAT a few times!
Well Harrison may have been unintentional as well, but a spike is more likely to be a taunt than flipping the ball to a sideline official.

Seems the zebras were a bit overzealous last night, perhaps told to be on the lookout for stuff cause its become a bit of a rivalry, and took things too literally on a few occasions.

Hewson said:

Seems the zebras were a bit overzealous last night, perhaps told to be on the lookout for stuff cause its become a bit of a rivalry, and took things too literally on a few occasions.

I thought they were down right HORRIBLE.

Hewson said:
Well Harrison may have been unintentional as well, but a spike is more likely to be a taunt than flipping the ball to a sideline official.

The call on Mike Vrabel comes to mind. He was well within the 5 yards when he touched the receiver, and didn't lay a hand on him again.

Sometimes you get the calls, sometimes you don't, but over the long haul, more often than not, it all evens out in the end.

BonoManiac said:
As a diehard San Francisco 49ers fan I am saddened by the news that they may be moving. I sincerely hope they stay put. It would be a shame to see them move, even if its to Santa Clara, 30 miles to the south.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/11/09/niners.stadium.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

They could be doing this as a bit of posturing to get what they want from San Francisco. The Pats declared they were moving to Hartford, even had a press conference and everything. Suddenly the Mass legistlature sprung in action and provided some money for infrastructure.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the article i read says that the 49ers have only said that they are looking at santa clara... it's the article that suggests that LA and Anaheim are possabilities, not the 49ers themselves.

You're right. I guess I jumped the gun a little bit because I didn't see this coming. I guess it's wait and see!

I live in the Bay Area and I could careless about the 9er's. It's all about the CowBoys!

Don't worry DaveC...its almost the Christmas season and Iggles fans will have Santa Claus to kick around again as their team hurtles toward a high 2007 draft position.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom