The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I see Eli play, the less I like him. The man plays like a high-schooler in the first three quarters, but he's absolutely unbeatable in the fourth - and that's a deadly combination in a division rival, as the Eagles have already seen. :yikes:

I don't hate the guy himself (although he's got about as much charisma as a dead ape), I hate how he gets so damn good after being so damn bad. He's inconsistent.

At least if he was constantly awful or consistently great we'd know what to expect, but we can't play the Giants without me getting nervous simply because I don't know if we're going to win 42-0 or lose 30-24. I wish the Giants were an AFC team and we got the Jets in our division :grumpy:

Either that, or getting shut out on the road.

Besides that goose egg, however, the Jets have been doing well, and with a soft schedule, they should end up over .500 for the year.

Now watch them go to Cleveland and get blanked...

the J-E-T-S-JETS-JETS-JETS have perhaps the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL... they could very easily finish 10-6... which, in my opinion, is the worst thing that could ever happen to them.

their schedule is sooooo easy that they're gonna play themselves out of a top 10 draft pick and play themselves right into a tough schedule next season.

soooo of course next year everyone will think the jets will take the next step based on their record, play a tough schedule, go 6-10 and mangini gets fired.

welcome to life in a league with performance based scheduleing.

Look at the Philly section of the Sports Guy article today. All of those e-mails? I may have been one of them. I don't remember my alias I used.

ETA: Nevermind. They all sounded similar to mine but at some point I said something else.

But it's that depressing.

Last edited:
Ed Hochuli just called off a roughing the kicker because "the ball hit the ground" even though the ball never even came close, he merely bobbled it.

God hates Philadelphia.

The fact that Donovan McNabb is 1-for-6 for seven yards, and Westbrook's run four times for eight yards at this point doesn't help much, either. :slant:

Philly Fan Status Update:

Moved from Drinking Away Problems to In Need of Prozac

LEVELS:
Unforseen Joy
Surprise
Disappointment
Anger
Drinking Away Problems
In Need of Prozac
Possibly Suicidal
Standing on the Walt Whitman Bridge Yelling "I'm Gonna Jump"

Headache in a Suitcase said:
aaaaand that's a two game lead in the NFC East :dance:

Compare the Eagles' schedule to the Giants' schedule over the next three weeks. Aside from next week, I'm not worried. :shrug:

By the way, you're a game and a half up with nine weeks left to play. I wouldn't start planning the parade quite yet.

how about them Arizona Cardinals?

maybe next year people wont fall for the preseason hype

phanan said:

If I was an Eagles fan, and my team was 4-4 after a relatively soft part of their schedule, I'd be worrying.
The Eagles have been favorites in all 8 games thus far this season, so being 4-4 is a bad sign if you're an Iggles fan.

The run thay have between Thanksgiving and Christmas, at Indy, home to Carolina and then a 3 game road trip at all 3 division rivals should land them in the top 10...of the 2007 draft.

DaveC said:

Compare the Eagles' schedule to the Giants' schedule over the next three weeks. Aside from next week, I'm not worried. :shrug:

By the way, you're a game and a half up with nine weeks left to play. I wouldn't start planning the parade quite yet.

2 games in the loss column, which is really the only stat that matters... but if you need to be technical, with houston coming up and philly on the bye, you can have your "official" 2 game lead by the end of the week.

oh, and we only have parades for super bowls, not division titles.

back to reality, philly's schedule is significantly harder from this point, while the giants schedule, the bear game aside, is actually easier.

the winning percentage of the teams the eagles have played thus far is .482% (4 home games, 4 road games), in which the eagles have a record of 4-4.

the remainder of the eagles' schedule (4 home games, 4 road games) has a combined winning percentage of .544%.

they are 1-1 in the division, 3-3 against the NFC.

the winning percentage of the teams the giants have played thus far is .569% (3 home games, 4 road games), in which the giants have a record of 5-2.

the remainder of the giants schedule (5 home games, 4 road games) has a combined winning percentage of .523%.

they are 3-0 in the division, 5-1 against the NFC.

so the giants have an easier schedule, more home games, a 2 game lead in the loss column and a clear advantage in tie breakers.

yes of course, the season is far from over. tiki or eli goes down with an injury and you can throw the giants season out the window... much like if mcnabb goes down for philly.

but the giants are certainly in the driver's seat, and midway through the season, controll their own destiny in the NFC East.

I must say the Cardinals have to be thankful for the existence of the Dolphins and Steelers, otherwise the Cards could be the biggest underachievers of the first half of the season based on expectation.

But as of now Miami wins that award in a SI/ESPN cover curse shoo-in.

Dave, if you were a real Eagles fan, wouldn't you be doubting them right now like I am?

Our schedule sucks the rest of the way. The three road games in division in a row in December is murder. At Indianapolis too?

The Eagles missed their chance. They should be 7-1 if not for those last second losses in which they outplayed their opponent each and every time.

I really don't see how you could possibly say you're not worried, that our schedule isn't tough, and that the New York Giants aren't going to get out easy.

Frankly, it's much more satisfying to be untalented with this record than talented and underachieving.

Andy's clock management and team management has fallen to the point where, despite my trust for 8 years, I am now calling for his firing. It's a complete joke. They come out unprepared and unmotivated every week now.

Screwtape2 said:
I've never had trouble watching an NFL broadcast because of the men in the booth but this Monday Night crew and overall broadcast is really bothering me. I don't care about the halftime race of the people dressed up as you! :mad:

It was almost worth it to hear the crowd boo Michael Irvin, Tony Kornheiser and Joe Theismann.

I don't know who is worse-Kornheiser or Theisman...I am so sick of Mon. night announcers talking about nothing just to hear themselves talk...I want to bang my head into a wall...:banghead: (interesting that there is a smily for that!!)

Anyways...GO PATS!! Next week should be an intersting game...never quite sure how they will go..hopefully Mr. Manning will get his bell rung like he usually does at Foxboro...

The Pats use of the 5 wideouts and the way they dissected the Vikes should give Dungy and co. something to think about, which is just what Belichick wants cause the Colts will see a completely different look next Sunday, Dillon, Maroney, Dillon, Dillon, Maroney, Dillon, and so on.
Should be fun.

I think the Pats could thank the refs for socking the momentum out of the Vikings second half game. I am not saying that they would come back....but I doubt the final score would be 30-7.

And thank GOD the Eagles are off this week...we do not have to listen to any whinning! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom