The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2005, 09:59 PM   #91
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:41 PM
he's no mark brunell that's for sure

Old 11-28-2005, 11:10 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

The reason he's having worse games is because the entire system isn't there. I said all along, he's not that great on his own, he was very fortunate to have a great situation around him, right place at the right time. If he had not been there, or if someone else had been in NE, who knows. Now, he has lost coaches, his running game has collapsed, so he is forced to throw more. Because he isn't getting the protection he used to, he doesn't have as much time for accuracy. Add this to the loss of key defensive players, and that accounts for the drop in success (though thanks to a weak division, they still aren't that bad off) Brady himself is not and never was great, he had a lot of good stuff around him, he had a good ride, but was more lucky than good.
1. Read the title of the thread.

2. Oh my God, Brady had one bad game, now he's being exposed for the fraud that he's always been. The horror.

Have you actually *watched* him this season, aside from the Colts game?

His stats are all up significantly from 2001 and 2002, his first two full seasons. He's throwing the ball a lot more and for a greater yards/pass average. This means that he's throwing more not just because of the lack of a running game, but because the team has more confidence in his passing skills.

His decision-making has always been solid, but now he throws deeper and with more accuracy. He doesn't get sacked as much, and this season he doesn't have a fumble, which is shocking considering the injuries his offensive line has suffered. All things considered, his performance this season is probably the strongest of his career.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:25 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:41 PM
A good ride? Lucky? The man knows how to orchestrate a game and win totally dominating the other team. Sometimes without the huge stats. And not just any team, the best of the best.

Look at his stats in the post above. Consistant if not better for sure. This with his running back basically hurting all year, his O-line shaken up a bit...and not one fumble? If they don't win it all this year, it isn't his fault. Look at the defense...mainly the secondary. They lost some players, and Harrison's injury is huge.

I hope the Patriots give up on Brady, and my Bears bear the load of picking him up.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:05 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The reason he's having worse games is because the entire system isn't there. I said all along, he's not that great on his own, he was very fortunate to have a great situation around him, right place at the right time. If he had not been there, or if someone else had been in NE, who knows. Now, he has lost coaches, his running game has collapsed, so he is forced to throw more. Because he isn't getting the protection he used to, he doesn't have as much time for accuracy. Add this to the loss of key defensive players, and that accounts for the drop in success (though thanks to a weak division, they still aren't that bad off) Brady himself is not and never was great, he had a lot of good stuff around him, he had a good ride, but was more lucky than good.
Yet, as others have stated, Brady is having is best year statistically ever.

Man, he really sucks.

Ho-hum. More of the same.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:01 AM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You just can't leave it alone can you?
Others beat me to it, but Brady's having his best season statistically.
He's been asked to do more this year due to the lack of a running game (Corey Dillon is injured), and he has responded, the team is playing well offensively. He has one bad game and you dub him "lucky" for winning 3 championships in 4 seasons.
He has led 4 game winning drives this season so far in the final minutes of games(Pitt, Atl, Buf, Mia), is that all luck?

You know its really a pathetically uninformed argument.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:51 AM   #96
Blue Crack Distributor

the thing is... every QB on the planet would suffer with the absolute decimation (sp) of their offensive line and running game... from tom brady to peyton manning to joe montana to dan marino to johnny unitus.

if the guy's spending half his time running for his life, it's pretty tough to sit in the pocket and make good decisions.

so yes... obviously brady is going to have a few stinkers this year. any QB would. need way discuss peyton's numerous stinkers in years past against the then far superior patriots? but despite all these injuries, tom brady is still putting up career numbers and has his team in position to win their division... just like despite peyton's absolute horror shows against the pats in the playoffs doesn't deny the fact that he's one of the greatest QB's we're ever gonna see.

brady is a great QB... get a new argument.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:41 AM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SEA/9067523

NFL admits ruling errors to Seahawks

NFL.com wire reports

KIRKLAND, Wash. (Nov. 28, 2005) -- The Seahawks received rare word from the NFL that referee Larry Nemmers erred Nov. 27 on the New York Giants' two touchdowns in Seattle's 24-21 overtime victory.

"I had a conversation with the league, and there were mistakes that were made, which we felt at the time," said Seattle coach Mike Holmgren, one of eight men on the NFL competition committee that oversees rules and game operations.

The NFL said touchdown catches made by Jeremy Shockey and Amani Toomer shouldn't have been ruled completions.

Coaches from around the league routinely submit disputed plays after games to NFL officiating chief Mike Pereira and his staff for review. They usually get a response midweek, though that response is usually never made public.

And, practically speaking, teams usually get nothing more than a "sorry" if the league agrees with a coach's contention, because results are not changed.

With 1:14 left in the second quarter and the Seahawks leading 7-3, Shockey briefly caught a 7-yard pass from Eli Manning in the center of the end zone. Seattle safety Marquand Manuel then lowered his right shoulder into Shockey and forced the ball to the turf, though officials signaled a touchdown.

Jim Blackwood, the replay review official, buzzed Nemmers, an NFL game official for 21 years, and asked him to review the play to determine if Shockey had possession long enough to constitute a catch.

After a few moments, Nemmers emerged from under the hooded replay monitor beyond the sideline and declared Shockey did secure possession before losing the ball. The touchdown stood and the Giants took a 10-7 lead into halftime.

With 2:03 left in regulation, Toomer leaped high and caught another pass at the back of the end zone. Toomer got his left foot down inside the end line and then appeared to drag the toes of his right shoe into his left as it hit the turf.

At least that's what game officials concluded on the field -- and what Nemmers concluded after reviewing Holmgren's challenge to that call.

That score, and the Shockey's subsequent 2-point conversion catch, tied it at 21 with 1:59 left.

Holmgren said he was told by game officials there was not enough indisputable visual evidence to overturn either touchdown.

"Look, I get excited about it, just like any coach would, especially if you think it might cost you a ball game. But it's a tough job," Holmgren said. "Officials have a tough job. They are honest guys doing the best they can.

"You hope replay would help, if everything would function properly. And I would say 99 percent of the time it does, it works.

"And then there's a couple times for whatever reason, it doesn't work."

Replay rules state a play must be reviewed before the next play begins and that only a replay official -- and not a coach -- can call for a review during the last two minutes of a half or the entire overtime period.

In overtime, Holmgren called timeout to give the press box replay review official more time to summon Nemmers for a review of Shockey's 16-yard reception on which he again lost the ball after initially grabbing it. Nemmers ruled Shockey did not maintain possession long enough for a catch, reversing the on-field call.

Holmgren said he was surprised he had to spend a timeout to give the replay official more time.

"It's like, OK, we're playing the game and those guys are upstairs doing whatever they are doing," Holmgren said. "Now we get to within the final 2-minute area (of a half) or when they are on, and I'm thinking they should be concentrating.

"So that was a little bit scary there. That should have been done a little sooner, in my opinion."
Old 11-29-2005, 09:55 AM   #98
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Holmgren said he was told by game officials there was not enough indisputable visual evidence to overturn either touchdown.
i know it's gonna look bad that i'm saying this 'cause i'm a giants fan... but the nfl should just keep quiet on issues like this unless it's blatantly obvious.

both of these calls were verrrry very close, and really could have gone either way. i did not think the shockey touchdown was gonna count, but i did, and still do, think the toomer catch was a completion.

that said... they were soooo close that they could have gone either way. and when it's that close, the refs are supposed to rule that there isn't enough indisputable vidual evidence, and the ruling on the field stands.

so for the nfl to go back and relook both of these plays with infinate time to slow them down, zoom in and access to every single camera angle for hours... not the two minutes the refs have... and then come out and say the calls were wrong is baisicly selling out the refs and throwing them under the bus... which i think is wrong of the league to do.

these were very tough calls to make... as was the shockey incompletion in over-time, which the refs did get right upon review. that play was clearly an incompletion... and the review got it right... which pissed me off because the giants would have had the ball on the 20. but it was the right call... and instead feely gets a 50 yarder instead of a 30 yarder and low and behold he misses it.

replay is not perfect... but it certainly helps the game. but to sell out the refs for making a lack of evidence call on really really tough plays that even the guys calling the game couldn't decide on is wrong, in my opinion.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:23 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Feely would have missed the 30 yarder anyway
Old 11-29-2005, 10:51 AM   #100
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Feely would have missed the 30 yarder anyway
touche'
Old 11-29-2005, 10:56 AM   #101
Blue Crack Distributor

not for nothing... the colts have responded in every single so called "test" game with flying colors... new england, indianapolis and now pittsburgh.

they've got two more left... @ jacksonville... despite the fact that leftwich is now likely out for the year, jacksonville's defense always seems to give the colts trouble... and home for san diego... the chargers are the hardest team in the league to figure out. one week they look like shit, the next they look like they can win the super bowl. one thinks it has something to do with los schottenheimer...

most will say seattle is a test game as well, but after watching seattle barely squeek by eli with the help of a load of stupid penalties and a few missed field goals... one would think that peyton will shred them... and i'm sure osi umenyiora's utter dismantling of walter jones, who hadn't given up a sack in two years before sunday... has caught the eye of dwight freeney.

frankly the biggest question for the colts right now might be what do they do against arizona on the last game of the year if they're 15-0... do they sit starters to save them for the playoffs or do they go for the undefeated record, risking injury?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:23 AM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

I think they'd have to go for the 16-0 record.
Obviously attempt to get a big early lead (which would be do-able vs the Cards) and then sit starters.
With the Leftwich injury and the Schottenheimer factor, I now think the Colts have a fair chance at going undefeated.
That being said, they'll probably lose to the Titans Sunday.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
not for nothing... the colts have responded in every single so called "test" game with flying colors... new england, indianapolis and now pittsburgh.
I missed the result of that middle game there Headache, how did the Colts fare against Indianapolis?

Old 11-29-2005, 12:26 PM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

The Colts could easily go up 31-0 on the Cards in the first quarter, and then sit their regulars if they wanted to. They'd still win.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I missed the result of that middle game there Headache, how did the Colts fare against Indianapolis?

ended in a tie