The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
Actually Phil Simms this season has been extremely complimentary of Brady and usually talks well of the Pats, except when they are playing poorly. (In which case a good analyst will bring up the negative things).

Phil Simms has spoken very well of the Patriots for the last few years, yet still tells it like it is when it's needed. He's one of the few announcers that I don't mind.

I'm also sure they voted on that Sportsman thing before they saw his antics during and after the Colts game and subsequent games as he looked into the magic mirror and was told he was no longer the fairest of them all.

You know, if my team were 13-0 and destined for a perfect season and football immortality, I'd be pretty happy and not wasting my time spewing nonsensical bile about some other team's quarterback.

But that's just me.

(And yes, that first part was a brazen attempt to jinx the Colts.)

Last edited:
I do not get the above comments by the Colts fan..have you never watched your QB? Not only does he have no respect for his coach but he is the biggest pouter and biggest complainer in the entire NFL. Am I seriously the only one that sees this. Name me one other QB that is allowed to constantly stick his head into every REF huddle? Also how many times has Peyton been showed hanging his head after numerous interceptions? Honestly the ball bounces both ways.
Oh and before you fire off a reply that makes no sense I happen to think that THIS YEAR the Colts are the best team in the NFL and no one (especially after the Cincy game) can stop them. I however do not think there D is the second coming of Christ. I happen to think they are extremely lucky this year with all the awful performances the rest of the teams have had.
Enjoy it my friend while it lasts b/c and week is any given sunday

ljclary said:
I do not get the above comments by the Colts fan..have you never watched your QB? Not only does he have no respect for his coach but he is the biggest pouter and biggest complainer in the entire NFL. Am I seriously the only one that sees this. Name me one other QB that is allowed to constantly stick his head into every REF huddle? Also how many times has Peyton been showed hanging his head after numerous interceptions? Honestly the ball bounces both ways.

Hold it, in dissing Brady, I never once bragged on Peyton in comparison. I'm not touting him, I'm only dissing Brady. I have been a Colts fan since I was a kid regardless of QB. As for all the things you said about him, I could say the same thing you guys say about Brady, he's got the 'fire' and is so competitive :rolleyes:

Oh and before you fire off a reply that makes no sense I happen to think that THIS YEAR the Colts are the best team in the NFL and no one (especially after the Cincy game) can stop them. I however do not think there D is the second coming of Christ. I happen to think they are extremely lucky this year with all the awful performances the rest of the teams have had.
Enjoy it my friend while it lasts b/c and week is any given sunday

Well like I said I've been a Colts fan since I was a kid and I am 36 now so I have seen many a shit season and lived to enjoy this. Some of the things you say I have said about other teams in the past that I didn't like or was jealous of and was trying to put down so yeah I think that's what you're doing now. Someone once said it was better to be lucky than good, but I've always thought it had to take a little bit of both. NOBODY makes 13-0 being just one or the other, it takes both. After countless hapless seasons, the blue horseshoe has finally risen again, and it's about time.

speedracer said:

(And yes, that first part was a brazen attempt to jinx the Colts.)
Beat you to it.
I've picked against the Colts the last 2 weeks in the pick'em pool, and with the season I've been having, they of course won. So this week I smartened up and took the Colts, thus guaranteeing a Charger victory.

ok so heres a question. when your team is eliminated from playoff contention, is it bad form to root against them the rest of the way in order to get the best possible draft pick?

Chizip said:
ok so heres a question. when your team is eliminated from playoff contention, is it bad form to root against them the rest of the way in order to get the best possible draft pick?

I don't think it's bad at all, especially when their is a clearcut, gotta-have stud sitting there for the number one pick like Reggie Bush.

I don't think there was a single Celtic fan rooting for them to do well in '97 (I think) when Tim Duncan was sitting there at number one, but then again we all know how that turned out.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i've been praising the colts for like three years now, defending them and peyton against various barbs by patriot fans and various other fans, as well...

but frankly, this thread alone is making me want to root hard for the chargers this week.

I really can't understand this attitude at all. It's not their fault if I hate Brady. I thought maybe since you didn't diss the Colts you'd help me, but I guess you think you're too cool to help a girl with a kitten in a poptart box avatar so you have to make fun of me and act all badass. Well maybe you will jinx your own team by being that way. My winning percentage is just as good as yours, and I am a knowledgeable fan of the game, yet you act like I'm some airhead who doesn't know the Browns from the Bengals. I'm not posting here anymore under any name.:down:

and don't come harrassing me in PLEBA!

Last edited:
Chizip said:

absolutely not.

just look at it as you're rooting for the future of the franchise... that's whats gotten me through many a knick and met season.

U2Kitten said:

I really can't understand this attitude at all. It's not their fault if I hate Brady. I thought maybe since you didn't diss the Colts you'd help me, but I guess you think you're too cool to help a girl with a kitten in a poptart box avatar so you have to make fun of me and act all badass. Well maybe you will jinx your own team by being that way. My winning percentage is just as good as yours, and I am a knowledgeable fan of the game, yet you act like I'm some airhead who doesn't know the Browns from the Bengals. I'm not posting here anymore under any name.:down:

and don't come harrassing me in PLEBA!

:shrug: first off, like whatever team i root for or you root for or anyone else here roots for has any outcome over the actuall outcome of the game to begin with. players determine the outcome, not fans. so i'm very confused as to what the whole "help a girl with a kitten in a poptart box avatar" line is all about. what exactly would i be helping you with? helping you constantly bash tom brady for no apparent reason? sorry, not gonna do it. wouldn't be prudent at this time.

second... i never claimed to be some all knowing guru just because i have a high winning percentage in NFL pick'em. it's not much of a secret... favorites have been winning at an all time rate this year, higher than any year ever. i'm in 12th place in another pool that i'm in. :shrug: hewson and chizip both know quite a bit, and they're in the basement. this has nothing to do with anything.

third... act all badass. that's interesting. please show me some examples of this. it's not like when i was a douche bag and would come on here after comming home from the bar and go nuts on the red sox and their fans. now that was me being a douchebag and trying to be all "badass." this is just me having a civil debate. i haven't called you any names, i haven't cursed you out, i haven't said many things that if i was having the exact same conversation with a friend i would say. but whatever...

and lastly... for the last friggin time... i am not the one who posted a thread in pleba attempting to prove some silly argument. you did. what did you expect, for me to not respond in it? you're practicly baiting me into responding to it. and yes, i posted a response in the tom brady thread, in response to yet another post by you refering tom brady of being a whiney little baby. but anytime anyone brings up some of the overwellming arguments against tom brady being a whiney little baby, you ignore them and hide under the cover of "you're being picked on." ever think that, perhaps, seeing as you're being out-voted about 15 to 1 here, that you might, in fact, be wrong?

this is a friggin message board... it's here for discussion. i am not going to stay out of any forum just because of you... just like i never once ENTERED any forum just because of you. so just a note... I CHECK EVERY SINGLE FORUM ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. do i post in all of them? no... heck, i even check the foreign language forum... and have only posted once... in pig latin... :shifty:

this is all pretty rediculous... you talked about how you thought i'd try to help you. ummm yea... I did. i made a post about how much of a fucking idiot i was at one point, consistantly harping on one silly issue... my hatred for the boston red sox... and glazing over obvious facts in order to support my silly argument. and you, my friend, are sliding down that same slippery slope with your constant nonsensical ramblings about how a guy who is held in the utmost esteem throughout not just the world of sports, but also by various political leaders, including Bono himself, is a whiney little baby. don't leave this forum... just drop the argument. maybe you're right... maybe there is this hidden dark side to tom brady that 95% of the population has never seen. and some day, that proof that tom brady is, in fact, a whiney little baby, may come to the light of day. and when that proof does come out, by all means... head right into this forum and shove it in all of our faces. but when you're strongest argument is that he threw a water bottle, something that just about every athlete to ever play has done at one point or another, you're just going to look like how i did with the red sox... like you're letting your dislike for someone cloud your reasoning.

Chizip said:

What do you think Bears fans have been doing for the past 10 years. (aside from the 13-3 season a few years ago, of course.)

Unfortunately, I think this Bears team is very similar to that 13-3 team. They have an incredible defense, but the offense is horrendous. I'm not sure if Kyle Orton is going to blossom into a good quarterback and therefore they should continue to go with him, or if they should put Grossman back in there. Grossman was the incumbent, of course, but it's not like he's done anything yet himself.

Except get hurt... :wink:

Chizip said:
I think its human nature for most fans to think in these kind of terms.
Especially if as randhail stated there is a can't miss type of player within their reach. In football its not as important, moving up or down a few slots is often not the difference in a franchises future. But in today's NBA it can be a huge difference. Staying in the middle of the pack, either being at the back end of the lottery or a just made it playof team is gonna keep NBA teams stuck right in mediocrity. Failing miserably and getting one of the top few picks gives them a much better shot at long term improvement (except of course for the Clippers).

I love the fact that Headache brought back the long forgotten and so not often enough use of the phrase "douche bag":cool:

Here's another thought-so your Tony Dungee right? Do you sit your starters for the last two games so they stay healthy or do you go (this all assuming you beat San Diego) for the perfect record? What happens if....say....Marvin Harrison blows out a knee? Mr. Manning breaks a thumb? Which is more important the ring or the undeafeated season?

I say the ring.

phanan said:
Unfortunately, I think this Bears team is very similar to that 13-3 team. They have an incredible defense, but the offense is horrendous. I'm not sure if Kyle Orton is going to blossom into a good quarterback and therefore they should continue to go with him, or if they should put Grossman back in there. Grossman was the incumbent, of course, but it's not like he's done anything yet himself.

Except get hurt... :wink:

:sad:

The QB "controversy" here is in full effect. If they keep Orton in I hope he shaves that creepy beard. :yikes:

I'll be at the game on sunday. They have to win. :mad:

Chizip said:

Nope. I am hereby rooting against the 'Niners for the rest of the season. Especially that clash of the titans against the great Houston squad. That ought to be fun to watch :lol:

ljclary said:
I love the fact that Headache brought back the long forgotten and so not often enough use of the phrase "douche bag":cool:

Here's another thought-so your Tony Dungee right? Do you sit your starters for the last two games so they stay healthy or do you go (this all assuming you beat San Diego) for the perfect record? What happens if....say....Marvin Harrison blows out a knee? Mr. Manning breaks a thumb? Which is more important the ring or the undeafeated season?

I say the ring.

considering I have Harrison and James on my fantasy team they better go for it all

if dungy doesn't go for it, i shall crown him lord douchebag, king of kings, douchebag of all douchebags.

you have to go for it... peyton's never been hurt... ever. now of course he will get hurt eventually... but who the hell knows, he could get hurt walking his dog or riding his tractor, let alone being sacked in a game.

the colts won't play a playoff game for a month. that's too long to sit everybody.

if they get big leads? by all means... take out your starters.

I think they'll play all of this week and next week, unless they get big leads (which I don't think they will).

If the Bears can beat Atlanta this weekend, the game between Indianapolis and Seattle will still be significant for the Seahawks, as they will be trying to wrap up home field advantage. If this scenario occurs, I see that game as the one most likely to end the Colts' perfect season.

As for Arizona, if the Colts are still undefeated, I expect them to go out, take a four touchdown lead by the middle of the second quarter, and then take the rest of the day off.

if the colts play everybody, don't get hurt, and don't put up any absolute stinkers, they should cruise into an undefeated regular season.

the chargers are very dangerous... but they are waaaaaaaaaaaay too inconsistent for my likings, and of course, they are coached by shottenheimer :shudders:

and i really hope seattle gives the colts a run... because that actually would give me hope that the giants might actually be able to win the super bowl. but in reality, i would have to think that if the colts were playing at 100% they would trounce the seahawks.

and the cardinals are... well... the cardinals.

I think the "good" San Diego team will show up this weekend. LT has had a couple of fairly quiet games in a row (much to my fantasy team's dismay) and is ready for a huge game. Who knows if it'll be enough, but I think it will at least make for a good game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom