The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I have had the pleasure of meeting Tom and his family and he/they are som of the kindest wonderful people around.Tom Brady does not think he is above people and honestly loves the game in which he plays. This year he turnd down millions of endoresments b/c his team (only himself) was not featured. He is not a brat. He is frustrated this year. His team has no secondary, no offensive line and is missing two coaches. Give me a break!!
Peyton Manning is the best loser in all of football!! and his brother....Don't make me laugh....

stamp foot..."but I don't wanna play for San Diego I don;t wann!!!" pout, pout..."Daddy!!!"

Headache in a Suitcase said:

elway did the exact same thing to the colts that eli did to the chargers. so it's a tad hypocritical to bash one guy for doing it and not the other.

you're right, no pass for Elway :angry:

didn't like the fact T.O. was able to avoid his trade to the Ravens either. :madspit: :angry:

i'd bet the Ravens are over it though...

Blah....blah....blah...elway...blah..manning...blah...TO....blah....God just win the game that counts and then put your two (or maybe no cents) in

actually i've personaly won 12 super bowl rings, so i can put my two cents in. how many have you won?

now i have the utmost respect for the patriots, especially tom brady. i do not share the same hatred for them that i do for "red sawk nation."

but it seems to me that not very long ago the patriots were a complete laughing stock and one of the worst franchises in all of professional sports... right up there with the bungles and the clippers.

perhaps you forget those days with your "just win the game that counts and put your two cents in" comments. so were you unable to speak about the nfl before the pats won the super bowl? did you just sit quietly, waiting for your time to strike?

the giants have two super bowls... does that mean i'm allowed to speak?

please...

Can't we all just get along?:wink: :wink:

I actually really like the Giants this year and hope they kill Philly today!!

I just don't like any Manning.

The Colts just tried the swinging-gate play on 4th and goal from the 5 (field goal formation, but the linemen line up on one side of the field). Jacksonville defended it man-for-man, so the holder, snapper and a receiver had half a field to score, but the Colts dropped an easy pass. Wow.

Last edited:
and didn't win it till the end of his career... eli's in his second season.

Yes, I always hated Elway. Oh man me and my brother hated him so bad, we'd try to hex him, cut up his football card and glue the pieces back together wrong. He damn near didn't win any, I was so hoping he wouldn't. It was like a curse on the entire Class of '83, Kelley, Marino, O'Brien, and who was that one who wasted away in KC, I forget his name.

elway did the exact same thing to the colts that eli did to the chargers. so it's a tad hypocritical to bash one guy for doing it and not the other.

smellsig.jpg

At least he only had a snotty face and didn't make a bunch of rude comments and use the Yankees as a threat to get traded.

Really, those are the only 2 who ever did it. I think it may have something to do with coming from a rich family, Manning's dad was an NFL player, Elway's dad the coach of Stanford. I guess they felt they were better than everybody else and above the law of the draft. If everyone got to pick their city it would destroy the league.

U2Kitten said:

It was like a curse on the entire Class of '83, Kelley, Marino, O'Brien, and who was that one who wasted away in KC, I forget his name.

Todd Blackledge.
And don't forget Champagne Tony Eason.

BTW...where is your retort on the Jerry Rice issue?
Why when facts are put out disputing your claims, you just move on to a different subject?

Ho-hum. Another classic Monday nighter in progress...

:yawn:

Poor ABC. The last season of Monday Night Football, and what do they get for the last three weeks?

Saints-Falcons
Packers-Ravens
Patriots-Jets

:slant:

Hewson said:
Todd Blackledge.
And don't forget Champagne Tony Eason.

Thanks.

BTW...where is your retort on the Jerry Rice issue?
Why when facts are put out disputing your claims, you just move on to a different subject?

What is this about Rice? Is there something new? :huh:

Nothing disputes my claims, only lies! :happy:

phanan said:
Ho-hum. Another classic Monday nighter in progress...

:yawn:

Poor ABC. The last season of Monday Night Football, and what do they get for the last three weeks?

Saints-Falcons
Packers-Ravens
Patriots-Jets

:slant:

This happens every year. Really, why can't the NFL just leave the last 3-4 Monday night slots open and schedule in better games once the season starts?

speedracer said:

This happens every year. Really, why can't the NFL just leave the last 3-4 Monday night slots open and schedule in better games once the season starts?

enter the new tv deal...

next year, the monday night game will move from ABC to ESPN and be on a fixed schedule... meaning whatever game is scheduled will be broadcast.

the sunday night game will move from ESPN to NBC, and it will be a rotating game... meaning that if the scheduled game sucks, they can swap it with another game that is already scheduled for sunday afternoon.

the league's thinking is that, in this new age of parity, setting good monday night matchups is harder and harder to do, so by moving the national network game to sunday, it would be easier on the fans who bought tickets if they were to move a game from 1:00 or 4:00 sunday to 8:00 sunday than if they were to move it from sunday to monday.

phanan said:

Selective reading, I see.

Yes, on your part!

I don't know why I'm even here, you all just like to pick on me because you don't agree with me. It's getting very old.

i always love this response...

you don't agree with me so you're picking on me. yayyyy.

i thought we were having a debate? a debate that is aboud 20 people on one side and just you on the other side, but a debate none the less.

you made a statement about how classy jerry rice always has been, and hewson provided an article stating the contrary, and you ignored it. all they're doing is asking for a response to hewson's response. it's what happens in a debate. you say one thing, the other side responds, and so on and so forth. yayyyy i love how that works.

no one is picking on you. you are just in the very small minority, considering that you, out of the 12 or so people who post in this thread on a regular basis, are the only one who agrees with your side of the argument.

frankly, your utter dislike for all things tom brady is getting old. just like my constant bitching about the red sox got very old. i came to realize this, and try to pick and chose my moments for that now, instead of displaying my outright dislike for them. i'll even compliment david ortiz and manny ramirez from time to time now, as shocking as that may seem.

i suggest you do the same with tom brady and the patriots... from someone who went down your road before and realized the err of his ways, i will tell you, as nicely as i can put it... you are making yourself sound silly.

Last edited:

i'll even compliment david ortiz and manny ramirez from time to time now, as shocking as that may seem.

Thats only because you're still hoping that Omar can find a way to bring Manny to Shea.:wink:

Wow Headache I think I am going to frame your above response. That put a tear to my eye:wink: :wink:

I think it is funny as a fan that lives in New Engalnd to notice the bais (sp?) that goes along with our teams. No matter how well our teams do and how many championships our teams win, no one will ever give props. Notice when a game is on TV the commentators, especially Phil Simms, will never say a postive word about the Pats. It has gotten so bad as of late we turn on the radio (which then sucks b/c TV is on a 5 second delay?)

ljclary said:
.Notice when a game is on TV the commentators, especially Phil Simms, will never say a postive word about the Pats.
Actually Phil Simms this season has been extremely complimentary of Brady and usually talks well of the Pats, except when they are playing poorly. (In which case a good analyst will bring up the negative things).

Hewson said:
Actually Phil Simms this season has been extremely complimentary of Brady and usually talks well of the Pats, except when they are playing poorly. (In which case a good analyst will bring up the negative things).

which is exactly why jim dolan didn't rehire marv effing albert to do knick games... when the team was playing poorly, he would say so.

thus another reason why i despise jim dolan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom