The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-27-2005, 09:50 PM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,416
Local Time: 05:49 PM
not for nothing but i can't really see how you can be emotionaly attached to more than one team that's competing for the same thing.... but hey, that's just me.

and as for bigmouthed pats fans... well... it's tough to brag about things when you lose. doesn't mean you're still not a fan... but ain't muych to brag about when you're winning 3 games.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-27-2005, 10:04 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
not for nothing but i can't really see how you can be emotionaly attached to more than one team that's competing for the same thing.... but hey, that's just me.
Notice no 2 are in the same division. I can't understand anyone liking 2 teams in the same division, those are too much in competiton! The thing is, especially in my case, not every team is going to 'be there' every year, so they aren't really in direct competition. I had decided years ago IF any of the others were to go to the Super Bowl against the Colts, I'd root for the Colts.

Quote:
and as for bigmouthed pats fans... well... it's tough to brag about things when you lose. doesn't mean you're still not a fan... but ain't muych to brag about when you're winning 3 games.
What I mean is, some people will denounce or deny their team when they are losing, hiding their jackets, peeling off bumper stickers, etc., then when they win it's like 'hey look at me I've been with team X all along!" If they are 'your' team you won't be a fair weather fan. I admire people who stick with their team for better or worse!
__________________

__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 06:49 PM
I've liked the Bears from the day I heard the super bowl shuffle. I was 4 years old...and in the other room playing on my cousin's drum set. I heard that beat, and tried to play along with them...it all turned out to be a lot of symbal and snare drum though...and then I got yelled at.

But I have been a Bear's fan all my life.
__________________
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 07:16 AM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,416
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
The thing is, especially in my case, not every team is going to 'be there' every year, so they aren't really in direct competition.
yes... yes they are. the point is to win championships... they're all competing for the super bowl. they are all in direct competition with each other for the same ultimate prize, not to mention for free agents and often for regular season wins. heck... you named 4 teams that you consider yourself emotionaly attached to...

i mean jeez... despite your denials, you certainly sound like a bandwagon jumper to me.... like you've found some sort of bandwagon jumping loop hole or somethin.

"Oh i root for the colts... unless they're having a bad year, then i still like them, but i'm gonna root the 49ers instead... unless they're having a bad year, then i still like 'em, but i'm gonna root for the vikings instead... etc. etc. etc."


i do not approve
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-28-2005, 08:21 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase



i mean jeez... despite your denials, you certainly sound like a bandwagon jumper to me.... like you've found some sort of bandwagon jumping loop hole or somethin.
If I were a bandwagon jumper, I'd have chosen Dallas, the Pats, the Packers, the Ravens, whoever wins this year. When you live in VA you are pregrown to become a Redskin fan, I couldn't not feel something for them. My Dad liked the Colts since the '50's and my brother and I always liked them. The Vikings, okay, it's dumb. When I was very little and they had Fran Tarkenton, I thought their helmets looked like the big purple bubble gum in the machine at the store, but I have always liked and followed all incarnations of them, Tommy Kramer was a favorite of mine. The 49ers I picked up last because they became my heroes for being the destroyers of Dallas in 1981! I have not changed teams because of record, or as I said, I'd have gone with winners only and big names. I have had these same teams since I was a kid, regardless of record.

Quote:
"Oh i root for the colts... unless they're having a bad year, then i still like them, but i'm gonna root the 49ers instead... unless they're having a bad year, then i still like 'em, but i'm gonna root for the vikings instead... etc. etc. etc."


i do not approve
No, it's not like that at all! But I do admit that having more teams to root for can make playoff time more fun, you increase your chances that at least one of them will do something, so if one is out, there is still more to get excited over. But the differnence is I NEVER change teams because of who's hot this year or what's cool. I have even seen kids buy Dallas stuff just for the star when they can't even name you 3 players and don't watch the games. I hate those 'fans.' I also hate people who change every year based on the winners. I stick with my teams, though there are more than one. But as I said the Colts are #1 with me!
__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 08:22 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 05:49 PM
If anybody wants to vote for pro bowl players here is the ballot:

http://nfl.com/probowl/ballot
__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I've grown up in New England and have been a Pats fan my whole life. Yes, even in the late 80s and early 90s when it was a miracle to win three games in a season (and sometimes we didn't get that miracle).

I don't know why you continue to single out the Patriots - I guess you are just bitter over what has transpired the last few years.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,484
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Since the thread title requires no Brady bashing, I'll only say that yesterday was his worst day as a pro. Even though 2 of the 4 ints were tipped, one of those was a high throw (the other was a perfect pass that could have pulled the Pats a few yards away from being down only 3, but I digress).

The divison should still be an easy take, but hopefully Bill has scouts looking at available corners for 2006 in both the draft and free agency already. What happened to Asante Samuel? He could cover last year, not so this year.

Jay Feely must feel great today.

How about the Harvard QB there Chizip...remember I said that they finally drafted a real QB last April (I'll have to pull up the draft thread), now the Rams can think about contending in 2006 if they smarten up and dump Pick Bulger.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,484
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I guess you are just bitter over what has transpired the last few years.
Hammer meets nail...and hits it right on the head.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 08:37 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:49 PM
The Giants need a franchise kicker, and quick.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 09:52 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Since the thread title requires no Brady bashing, I'll only say that yesterday was his worst day as a pro. Even though 2 of the 4 ints were tipped, one of those was a high throw (the other was a perfect pass that could have pulled the Pats a few yards away from being down only 3, but I digress).
Well, the 2003 opener at Buffalo comes to mind in regards to worst ever games by Brady, but you're right, this one pretty much ranks right next to it.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 03:58 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,572
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i fucking hate kickers. they should eliminate them.
Score an effin' touchdown and there's no problem.

Incidentally, I've thought for a while that the NFL should ban field goals in overtime. The Giants-Seabags game aside, it's getting too easy for the team winning the flip to win.

It used to be that the percentage were around 48-48-2. If you started on defense and forced a quick stop, you'd get the ball in very good field position.

But nowadays, kickers are a lot better at field goals and a lot worse at kickoffs (because the kickoff line was pushed back 5 yard and the kicking tee lowered). So the team winning the toss typically needs only 30-40 yards to get into field goal range. Nowadays the team that wins the toss wins the game around 60 percent of the time, which is bad.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 04:07 PM   #88
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,416
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
But nowadays, kickers are a lot better at field goals
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Since the thread title requires no Brady bashing, I'll only say that yesterday was his worst day as a pro. Even though 2 of the 4 ints were tipped, one of those was a high throw (the other was a perfect pass that could have pulled the Pats a few yards away from being down only 3, but I digress).

The reason he's having worse games is because the entire system isn't there. I said all along, he's not that great on his own, he was very fortunate to have a great situation around him, right place at the right time. If he had not been there, or if someone else had been in NE, who knows. Now, he has lost coaches, his running game has collapsed, so he is forced to throw more. Because he isn't getting the protection he used to, he doesn't have as much time for accuracy. Add this to the loss of key defensive players, and that accounts for the drop in success (though thanks to a weak division, they still aren't that bad off) Brady himself is not and never was great, he had a lot of good stuff around him, he had a good ride, but was more lucky than good.
__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 11-28-2005, 08:42 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten


The reason he's having worse games is because the entire system isn't there. I said all along, he's not that great on his own, he was very fortunate to have a great situation around him, right place at the right time. If he had not been there, or if someone else had been in NE, who knows. Now, he has lost coaches, his running game has collapsed, so he is forced to throw more. Because he isn't getting the protection he used to, he doesn't have as much time for accuracy. Add this to the loss of key defensive players, and that accounts for the drop in success (though thanks to a weak division, they still aren't that bad off) Brady himself is not and never was great, he had a lot of good stuff around him, he had a good ride, but was more lucky than good.
So this game proves your theory? I guess average quarterbacks (Brady) can lead the league in passing yards though, much like your boy Peyton right?

As for the less accurate comment, how do you explain his completion percentage of 61.2, which is .3 less than his caeer percentage of 61.3. You have to give the guy his due.
__________________

__________________
randhail is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com