The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

And you would've used it on Sunday, too. :wink:

:mad:

my friend attempted to put the steve smith broken leg jinx on before the game... which has worked only once, last year durring the first game of the season, when i was bragging about how steve smith was killing people and how good my fantasy team was going to be (smith was my #1 WR)

he said, and i quote, "i hope he breaks his leg."

10 minutes later, he broke his leg.

alas, no luck this year.

So I do believe in jinxes. But so do a lot of players and coaches, including Parcells, who won't pick up a penny if it's lying face down, and George Seifert, who wouldn't walk on the team helmet in the middle of the field. But you're right, if you did have that power you could curse all the teams you wanted to lose, then bet on their opponent, and get rich.

U2Kitten said:

NFL is the only sport I usually post about.

When the Patriots get smooshed by Denver this week guess you won't be showing your face (because your big mouth won't have anything to brag about)

This thread has hit 500 posts so it's going to get locked by the mods. Somebody start an NFL part II, if I do it nobody will use it.
What I presume Stl is referring to is the fact that you and a few other Colts/Peyton supporters (yes there are others besides you and your other egos, which I'll never understand peoples' needs to post under mulitpiple screen names) were very vocal in the NFL threads, yet didn't even show up after the Colts lost to the Pats. Not to complain about the refs, not to congratulate the Pats (which I wouldnt expect), not to say "Well the Colts had a good season, here's looking forward to next year". Nothing of the sort, just disappeared from the forum, which makes most others think you're afraid to take your medicine, a sore loser, throwing your water bottle around your living room.
The Giants got beaten Sunday, Headache I'm sure was unhappy, but he still posts, admits the Panthers beat his team, and moves on to participate in further discussion.
If the Pats lose to Denver Saturday, I will still be here posting next week, and through the Superbowl and beyond. I'll tip my hat to the Broncos if it happens, I'll show some sportsmanship and class...I'd like to think everyone here would act the same. Unfortunately history says different.

Hewson said:
The Giants got beaten Sunday, Headache I'm sure was unhappy, but he still posts, admits the Panthers beat his team, and moves on to participate in further discussion.

on the way home from the game sunday my friend, who was doing about 80 down the Long Island Expressway, got pulled over by a Nassau County Cop. The cop walked up to the car, saw us both wearing Giants jerseys, said "rough one to watch, eh?" to which we responded "especially if you were there." to which he responded "i could imagine... slow down." and walked away without giving him so much of a warning.

it pays to be pulled over by sympathetic giants fans.

wow i miss that much by sleeping?

brady is hardly bragged about ad nausem here. you want to know why brady is bragged about so much? he's always in the news because he's won three of the last four superbowls. then, we have 'fans' like you that will come in here and say tom brady is a mediocre quarterback.

furthermore, i post here as headache said, pretty much everyday. the cardinals have choked in the playoffs as far as i can remember, yet, the day after or sometimes even immediatly after every game i'll be here posting.

colts fans aren't annoying? do you READ your post? after the pats win the superbowl, about 10 months later you'll come in and post how tom brady was lucky and is a mediocre qb. completly laughable. you don't say it once, you go on and on and on and on about it. i hate peyton as much as anybody in the world but i can at least have the braincells to say that he is a good QB.

you sound like you're in second grade and just got called into the principals office... "the pats fans picked on me first!!!". give me a break, read your posts... and i thought i was the youngest person in this forum.

U2Kitten said:

This thread has hit 500 posts so it's going to get locked by the mods. Somebody start an NFL part II, if I do it nobody will use it.

why? so when it gets locked and tucked away into the totalticket server for all eternity you won't have to read the replies you your posts in part three? three does come after two, you know. that peyton school of math really isn't working out too well

StlElevation said:

why? so when it gets locked and tucked away into the totalticket server for all eternity you won't have to read the replies you your posts in part three? three does come after two, you know. that peyton school of math really isn't working out too well

What good is that going to do me, I'll make just as many lame comments in the new thread :happy:

angry_greg_head_explode_md_wht.gif

U2Kitten said:

What good is that going to do me, I'll make just as many lame comments in the new thread :happy:

and i'll be there to pick them apart :happy:

your posts will magically disappear after the colts magically disappear from the playoffs like every year.

Last edited:
here's the thing... when i go off on one of my little tangents, which are normaly alcohol induced, and 90% of the people who post here on a regular basis tell me that i'm acting like a jackass, the little voice inside my head usually tells me "hey... perhaps i am acting like a jackass. perhaps i should re-evaluate my posting."

not once have i ever thought that 90% of the people who post here just up and decided as a collective to "pick on me," because, well, frankly that would make me insane... or perhaps it would make me oliver stone. :hmm:

StlElevation said:

and i'll be there to pick them apart :happy:

So you see there, they ARE picking on me, not 90% of posters, only 90% of Pats fans (Hewson has too much class, he's in the 10%)

your posts will magically disappear after the colts magically disappear from the playoffs like every year.

I stop posting when the season is over, and when it's over for all my teams, it's over for me. Why come here and listen to your bullshit and taunts? I promise not to taunt you even if the Colts manage to go all the way, or even if Denver crushes the Pats this weekend as I think they will. But I bet if they do, YOUR big mouth will disappear from here because it will have nothing to trash talk and brag about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom