The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2005, 12:21 PM   #256
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Re: Re: Sexy Rexy

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

well hey... go nuts.

frankly i'd prefer to keep the guy who got me there, but that's just me. it's not like jim mcmahon is comming off the sidelines here... grossman is a second year QB with very little game experience who's never played in a big NFL game and is comming off an injury.

i'd still keep orton.
Ron Turner said after the game that Grossman would be starting in Green Bay.

And why are you me? Kyle Orton was asked to "manage" the team and he did a fine job of it. But as a fan I'd like a little more out of my QB than just a "manager." I'd like to see what Grossman can do.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:26 PM   #257
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
if the right chargers team shows up they can beat anyone, too... but the right team doesn't show up enough for me to count them
I guess that eliminates the Giants then.

And the Chargers won't get that chance, anyway.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 PM   #258
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: Re: Re: Sexy Rexy

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

Ron Turner said after the game that Grossman would be starting in Green Bay.

And why are you me? Kyle Orton was asked to "manage" the team and he did a fine job of it. But as a fan I'd like a little more out of my QB than just a "manager." I'd like to see what Grossman can do.
i dunno... only smiley that seemed to fit
Old 12-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #259
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: Re: Re: Sexy Rexy

double post

my bad
Old 12-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sexy Rexy

Quote:

i dunno... only smiley that seemed to fit
It's all good. We Bear fans have had so very little to be excited about. Rex looked good during training camp and pre season. I'm hopeful he cam implement a real passing game.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:20 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Da Bears aren't getting anywhere passing the ball. They will win any playoff games (especially at Soldier Field) by running and playing D.
That said they will need the ability to throw at times, and Grossman probably gives them a better option than Orton at this point. But I don't think they go far, probably win a first round game against Tampa or someone, then lose at Seattle or Carolina.
If they grab the #2 seed, they could get themselves to the NFC championship game, but I don't think they win in Seattle if thats how it plays out.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:20 PM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:15 PM
I'm just excited b/c Grossman is so much quicker delivering the ball. I liked Orton. But he said it best himself when he said he didn't want to or expect to be No.1. He wanted to make the team, be No. 2 and help if needed. We had no passing game in the last few weeks. He had 13 yards in the first half last night! So did Vick though haha.

The change in qbs won't be that big of a deal b/c the team won't change that much. They're defense will only get better when their starting safetys get back. Especially Brown. And that's how they win. Still, if Grossman can have a couple possesions where they move the ball with passing, their main focus on offense, the running game, will only benefit.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

I guess Joe Namath will be staying home on Dec 26th, and Suzy Kolber will be relieved...the Jets have banned alcohol sales during the Dec 26 MNF tilt against the Pats.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:26 PM   #264
Blue Crack Distributor

Mike Tice's message to Vikings fans: Do as I say, not as I do.

Tice told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis, Minn., that he was upset with the number of Steelers fans that occupied seats at the Metrodome on Sunday, estimating their numbers at 15,000 to 20,000. The newspaper reported that if Tice's estimation was correct, at least 10,000 of the Vikings' season-ticket holders sold their tickets.

"It confuses me, I guess," Tice told the newspaper. "Maybe they're not really diehard season-ticket holders or maybe they needed the money for Christmas presents. I don't know. One of the two."

However, in June, Tice was fined $100,000 by the NFL for scalping his Super Bowl tickets.

Tice had acknowledged reselling some of his personal allotment of 12 Super Bowl tickets last season and had also resold his tickets as a Vikings assistant coach from 1996-2001.

Each NFL player has the right to purchase up to two Super Bowl tickets at face value, which this year was $500 and $600 depending on the seat. But they must sign a document saying they won't resell them at a profit. Individual teams determine the number of tickets available to coaches.

On Sunday, the Vikings lost 18-3 to the Steelers -- a damaging blow to the team's playoff hopes. Tice said the number of Steelers fans at Sunday's game affected the Vikings' home-field advantage.

"Look, when you go to some stadiums, it's so deafening that you can't hear. When you have 15 to 20 thousand of the opponent's fans in there, it's not deafening," Tice told the newspaper. "There is a difference. The fans that were there were great. But it wasn't like a big game when it's just your guys in there.

"Maybe, in their defense, they sold the tickets when ... we were 2-5. Maybe they said, 'The heck with it, I'm not going to that.' Maybe that's the case. Or maybe Pittsburgh fans are just a little more diehard than our fans are."
Old 12-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #265
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
I guess Joe Namath will be staying home on Dec 26th, and Suzy Kolber will be relieved...the Jets have banned alcohol sales during the Dec 26 MNF tilt against the Pats.
well that makes sense.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Either that or Joe will just have to drink that much more before the game starts.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

It didn't occur to me how much better the AFC quarterbacks are until I saw the Pro Bowl roster. I guess that's why the AFC is so much better.

The NFC QB picks are pathetic. Hasselbeck was a lock, no question. And I understand why Vick was chosen (although I don't think he's very good as a quarterback), but I don't understand how Delhomme is selected ahead of Eli Manning. I know Manning has been inconsistent at times, but so has Delhomme. Their numbers are very similar, but factor in the fourth quarter magic that Eli has had at times, and there's your difference maker in my book.

Of course, if you put Drew Brees and Jake Plummer in the NFC this year, they'd go instead.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:26 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

Either that or Joe will just have to drink that much more before the game starts.
Yeah, pretty much a classic case of the Law of Unintended Consequences.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #269
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
And I understand why Vick was chosen
I don't
Old 12-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #270
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Dungy's son, 18, found dead in Tampa suburb

James Dungy, the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, was found dead at 1:30 a.m. ET Thursday in his apartment in Lutz, Fla., a suburb of Tampa, Debbie Carter, a spokesperson for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, confirmed Thursday.

A death investigation is under way, and the spokesperson said that the county medical examiner's office or the hospital at which James Dungy was pronounced dead would have a ruling on the cause of death.

James Dungy officially was pronounced dead this morning at University Community Hospital in Tampa.

Tony Dungy has left the Colts and is in Tampa. Indianapolis plays at Seattle this Saturday.