The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very true.

i always liked watching sean salisbury, shit for brains half the time- he's gotten better this year though, argue with john clayton - definition of dweeb- on sports center last year. good stuff.

From espn.com

Twelve Ways You Can Better Respect Tom Brady and the Patriots

1. Genuflect whenever you say, read or hear the number 12. (That's four genuflections already this column. So do it. Do it! You don't want to disrespect Tom Brady, do you?! That's better.)

2. Refer to the current year as "Year 47," not 2006, as history did not truly begin until the Patriots organization was founded in 1960.

3. Take a life-size cardboard cutout of a New England Patriots player with you wherever you go. And be sure to include it in all of your conversations so it doesn't feel left out. It will speak back to you when you are worthy.

4. Shave clean every day. It is disrespectful of you to think you can pull off the sexy stubble look as well as Tom Brady.

5. After lovemaking, apologize to your partner for not being Tom Brady.

6. Boycott network television until every commercial features at least one member of the Patriots.

7. Petition the NFL to have all of Tom Brady's fumbles over his career stricken from the official league record book because of the tuck rule.

8. Never call it a "butt chin." It's a cleft chin. And know that gazing deep into Tom Brady's reveals the secrets of life.

9. Refuse to attend religious services until your local church/synagogue/mosque acknowledges the Patriots' playbook as a holy book on par with any other.

10. Have all of Bridget Moynahan's movies playing on a continuous loop on every television in your home. But never ever gawk or leer at her in a lustful manner. Tom Brady knows and sees all, and you will pay for such a transgression.

11. Every time you come across a baby goat, give it a long and passionate hug. Tom Brady would expect nothing less.

12. (Genuflect.) And finally, just to be safe, begin every sentence -- no matter what it's about -- with: "No disrespect to the Patriots intended, but …"

I can't wait for that whiney little pretty boy to get knocked on his end this weekend!

The fact that John Clayton can get a job on television as a football analyst and Herm Edwards can have a team willing to give up a draft pick to hire him as head coach is proof that the US of A is in fact the land of opportunity.

phanan said:

I love how you are just lifting this material from John Clayton's article on espn.com. Can't come up with your own thoughts, eh?

:lol:

too busy to worry how BAD the patsies are going to get beat....got work to do...later

Hewson said:
The fact that John Clayton can get a job on television as a football analyst and Herm Edwards can have a team willing to give up a draft pick to hire him as head coach is proof that the US of A is in fact the land of opportunity.

Sure is. What the hell are we doing wrong?

Imarocker said:

Corey Dillon's injuries have made the Patriots' rushing attack inconsistent all season. Dillon missed a decent amount of the Jaguars game and the running offense was bailed out by Kevin Faulk, who is effective as a runner and a pass catcher. The Patriots averaged only 94.5 rushing yards a game and a mere 3.4 yards a carry. The Patriots had only five regular season games in which they had more than 100 rushing yards as a team. In many ways, the Patriots' offense is closer to the first two Super Bowl teams than last year's. Dillon could be counted on getting 100 yards individually in 2004. It's become a Tom Brady offense with limited support from the running game. Few defenses have frustrated Brady this season, but for this game, the Patriots need Dillon. Broncos defensive coordinator Larry Coyer does a nice job designing zone blitz schemes but sometimes relies on them too much. The best way to beat a zone-blitzing team is to run, which his why the Patriots need much, much more from Dillon or Faulk.

if you can't run the ball in the playoffs, YOU"RE OUT of them.

I think I read all your quotes on AOL this morning!

phanan said:

But not busy enough to be on here, though.

Whatever floats your boat. I prefer quoting references that aren't mine if not writing my own.

:wave:

Maybe it's possible that Ima is really John Clayton and thus has no need to quote himself.

well, you'll be posting here for one or two weeks more max. then i guess we'll see you in september?

May I just say..GO PATS!!!

I am the first to admit...this year, every game, I watched: nails bitten down to the root. Every injury I felt...Every dropped pass I hurt. Right now it is an honour and a priveledge and quite honestly pretty f@#$%&ing awesome we (in that I mean the PATS!!) are where we are.

I love the playoffs!!!

randhail said:

Maybe it's possible that Ima is really John Clayton and thus has no need to quote himself.
Maybe Ima's married name is Rocker (John Rocker's wife perhaps) and her maiden name is Plagiarist. :wink:

DaveC said:
Hell, I hate the Pats as much as anyone, but ima just made him/herself look like a total jackass, and that makes me :laugh:.

No more than the total jackass way several annoying Patriot fans have acted here over the last couple years.

StlElevation said:
well, you'll be posting here for one or two weeks more max. then i guess we'll see you in september?

NFL is the only sport I usually post about.

When the Patriots get smooshed by Denver this week guess you won't be showing your face (because your big mouth won't have anything to brag about)

This thread has hit 500 posts so it's going to get locked by the mods. Somebody start an NFL part II, if I do it nobody will use it.

U2Kitten said:

NFL is the only sport I usually post about.

When the Patriots get smooshed by Denver this week guess you won't be showing your face (because your big mouth won't have anything to brag about)

This thread has hit 500 posts so it's going to get locked by the mods. Somebody start an NFL part II, if I do it nobody will use it.

maybe if you stuck around more often you'd know that

a) stlElevation posts here on just about a daily basis wether his team is playing, doing well or otherwise

and

b) mods come in to check on these threads once every 5 months.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
or the total jackass way several annoying Colt fans have acted here over the last couple years.

No Colt fans have ever acted annoying. In fact, I'm the only one here (and my 2 aliases neither of which is imarocker you can ask the mods) All I do is pick on Brady because others brag on him ad nauseum. I am not a person who razzes people to get a rise out of them the way they do me. I do not brag and act like an obnoxious jerk like the Patriot fans do. They are the type who make people hate the team and it's not even the team's fault. I bet the reason DaveC and Imarocker don't like the Pats is because of the way the fans act more than the team itself. All I've ever done is say Brady is a bad sport and would not be a great player if not for the system he got to work in, and say things back to Pat fans who picked on me first.:down:

U2Kitten said:

No Colt fans have ever acted annoying. In fact, I'm the only one here (and my 2 aliases neither of which is imarocker you can ask the mods) All I do is pick on Brady because others brag on him ad nauseum. I am not a person who razzes people to get a rise out of them the way they do me. I do not brag and act like an obnoxious jerk like the Patriot fans do. They are the type who make people hate the team and it's not even the team's fault. All I've ever done is say Brady is a bad sport and would not be a great player if not for the system he got to work in, and say things back to Pat fans who picked on me first.:down:

i stand by my first statement.

i know i've acted like a complete tool around here from time to time... mostly due to the infamous drunken post, but hey... at least i can admit to acting like an immature 12 year old.

U2Kitten said:

I really can't understand this attitude at all. It's not their fault if I hate Brady. I thought maybe since you didn't diss the Colts you'd help me, but I guess you think you're too cool to help a girl with a kitten in a poptart box avatar so you have to make fun of me and act all badass. Well maybe you will jinx your own team by being that way. My winning percentage is just as good as yours, and I am a knowledgeable fan of the game, yet you act like I'm some airhead who doesn't know the Browns from the Bengals. I'm not posting here anymore under any name.:down:

and don't come harrassing me in PLEBA!

Eh hem…

YOU YELLED AT ME FOR JINXING THE COLTS BEFORE THE CHARGERS GAME.

If I had that sort of power, trust me… I’d be using it for evil at every opportunity, and I would be a very wealthy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom