The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 AM   #241
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:40 AM
An undefeated season was a longshot at best, even after the Colts had gone 13-0, because teams always have a poor performance or letdown here and there during a 16 week season.
The Colts played a poor game yesterday, and against a good opponent were beaten. (They had a couple of other subpar games early, like against Cleveland, but the level of opposition wasn't strong enough to win the game).
They are still the team to beat, and will be even if they finish 13-3.
In some ways this could be the best thing for them, a wake-up call before the playofs, rather than one on Jan 15th.
Of course Drew Brees and Marty Schottenheimer did everything in their power to keep the unbeaten streak alive with poor play calling and questionable decsion making after building a big 3rd quarter lead, but thats the Chargers. If they get a wild card, they'll come into Foxboro or Cincy and dominate statistically, but Marty will have them punt on first and goal to try to preserve a lead and they'll lose.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:33 AM   #242
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
Rex is back!
Oh crap. I just jinxed him again.
i'd like to know why everyone's so crazy over rex chapman instead of randy orton... doesn't orton have more career wins than rex? what has grossman ever really done in the NFL? he's been nothing but a walking injury.

ironicly enough the bears are now replacing the more experienced QB with a less experienced one right in the middle of the stretch run, which, as a fan of a team that may eventually face the bears in the playoffs, is just fine and dandy with me.

it's not like rex went in and they scored 30 points... they still only put a 16 spot on the board, and they weren't exactly playing the steel curtain here.

what happens when the bears run into a team in the playoffs that can put a bunch of points on the board like the seahawks or the giants?

Old 12-19-2005, 10:34 AM   #243
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
An undefeated season was a longshot at best, even after the Colts had gone 13-0, because teams always have a poor performance or letdown here and there during a 16 week season.
The Colts played a poor game yesterday, and against a good opponent were beaten. (They had a couple of other subpar games early, like against Cleveland, but the level of opposition wasn't strong enough to win the game).
They are still the team to beat, and will be even if they finish 13-3.
In some ways this could be the best thing for them, a wake-up call before the playofs, rather than one on Jan 15th.
Of course Drew Brees and Marty Schottenheimer did everything in their power to keep the unbeaten streak alive with poor play calling and questionable decsion making after building a big 3rd quarter lead, but thats the Chargers. If they get a wild card, they'll come into Foxboro or Cincy and dominate statistically, but Marty will have them punt on first and goal to try to preserve a lead and they'll lose.
marty schottenheimer make bad calls down the stretch? that's umpossible!

the colts had a bad game and still had a chance to win late in the 4th quarter. like you said... they are still most deffinetly the team to beat in the AFC.

it's not like rex went in and they scored 30 points... they still only put a 16 spot on the board, and they weren't exactly playing the steel curtain here.

what happens when the bears run into a team in the playoffs that can put a bunch of points on the board like the seahawks or the giants?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:55 AM   #244
Blue Crack Addict

With the schedule the Steelers have, I don't see them blowing it.

The Chargers will end up being the greatest team ever not to make the playoffs.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #245
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

i'd like to know why everyone's so crazy over rex chapman instead of randy orton... doesn't orton have more career wins than rex? what has grossman ever really done in the NFL? he's been nothing but a walking injury.
I'll tell you why.

In seven career games, Grossman has thrown for over 1,100 yards, mostly in games the Bears sucked at.

In 14 career games, Orton has thrown for over 1,800 yards, mostly in games the Bears exceled at.

Despite being injury-prone and not having played many games, Grossman clearly is the more talented player here. It's not like Chicago's offense is the reason they've won so many games, and it's quite obvious they'll be one and done in the playoffs the way they are going. With the division all but wrapped up, what do they have to lose? Grossman can play the next two games to work on things, and I guarantee you he'll give them more of a shot in the playoffs than Orton, although I don't see the Bears going very far either way.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #246
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

I'll tell you why.

In seven career games, Grossman has thrown for over 1,100 yards, mostly in games the Bears sucked at.

In 14 career games, Orton has thrown for over 1,800 yards, mostly in games the Bears exceled at.

Despite being injury-prone and not having played many games, Grossman clearly is the more talented player here. It's not like Chicago's offense is the reason they've won so many games, and it's quite obvious they'll be one and done in the playoffs the way they are going. With the division all but wrapped up, what do they have to lose? Grossman can play the next two games to work on things, and I guarantee you he'll give them more of a shot in the playoffs than Orton, although I don't see the Bears going very far either way.

yes but if the bears were losing in these games, orton would be throwing more, and his yards would go up... and vice versa, if the bears were winning those games, grossman would have thrown less, and his stats would be less.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:25 AM   #247
Blue Crack Addict

That might play a part in it, but just one part.

The thing is, Orton didn't exactly tear it up in his losses, either.

Like I said, though. I don't see the Bears getting that far anyway, but I think Grossman gives them a better chance.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:45 AM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

i'd like to know why everyone's so crazy over rex chapman instead of randy orton...
Rex Chapman...you have basketball on the mind my friend.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:47 AM   #249
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

marty schottenheimer make bad calls down the stretch? that's umpossible!

the colts had a bad game and still had a chance to win late in the 4th quarter. like you said... they are still most deffinetly the team to beat in the AFC.

This wins the 2005 Interference Schizophrenic Sports post of the year award.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 AM   #250
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
This wins the 2005 Interference Schizophrenic Sports post of the year award.
i hit the wrong edit button

and if you noticed, i also called kyle orton randy orton... twas done on purpose
Old 12-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #251
Blue Crack Distributor

in my opinion, which is pretty useless, there's only 7 teams out there with a chance to win the super bowl... not a very good chance 'cause i still think the colts will win it, but a chance none the less...

those teams are, in no particular order, the bears, the giants, the seahawks, the colts, the broncos, the bungles and the pats.

here are those teams listed in order of the winning percentage of the teams that they beat this season (if a team beat a team twice, their record was counted twice).

1. Denver Broncos - 0.477 (73-80)
2. New York Giants - 0.436 (61-79)
3. Indianapolis Colts - 0.425 (77-104)
4. New England Patriots - 0.405 (51-75)
5. Chicago Bears - 0.399 (55-83)
6. Cincinatti Bengals - 0.384 (58-93)
7. Seattle Seahawks - 0.357 (60-108)
Old 12-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #252
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:40 AM
Sexy Rexy

Grossman gives the Bears offense more options. He sees the field better and is an overall better passer.
This gives the running game more options as well.

I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw him take the field last night. I jumped up and down a few times too. But that was more for regaining feeling in my legs.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #253
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: Sexy Rexy

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
Grossman gives the Bears offense more options. He sees the field better and is an overall better passer.
This gives the running game more options as well.

I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw him take the field last night. I jumped up and down a few times too. But that was more for regaining feeling in my legs.
well hey... go nuts.

frankly i'd prefer to keep the guy who got me there, but that's just me. it's not like jim mcmahon is comming off the sidelines here... grossman is a second year QB with very little game experience who's never played in a big NFL game and is comming off an injury.

i'd still keep orton.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:13 PM   #254
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

1. Denver Broncos - 0.477 (73-80)
2. New York Giants - 0.436 (61-79)
3. Indianapolis Colts - 0.425 (77-104)
4. New England Patriots - 0.405 (51-75)
5. Chicago Bears - 0.399 (55-83)
6. Cincinatti Bengals - 0.384 (58-93)
7. Seattle Seahawks - 0.357 (60-108)
I think any team in the NFC has a shot, and if the right Panthers team shows up, they can beat anyone.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #255
Blue Crack Distributor

if the right chargers team shows up they can beat anyone, too... but the right team doesn't show up enough for me to count them