The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #181
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:59 PM
probably the last time you posted in here

Old 12-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Actually Phil Simms this season has been extremely complimentary of Brady and usually talks well of the Pats, except when they are playing poorly. (In which case a good analyst will bring up the negative things).
Phil Simms has spoken very well of the Patriots for the last few years, yet still tells it like it is when it's needed. He's one of the few announcers that I don't mind.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #183
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Yes, on your part!

Others have stated the obvious, so I won't go any further.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:30 PM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

Christ, reading this thread is like watching a comedy of errors.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

I'm also sure they voted on that Sportsman thing before they saw his antics during and after the Colts game and subsequent games as he looked into the magic mirror and was told he was no longer the fairest of them all.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:27 AM   #186
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

You know, if my team were 13-0 and destined for a perfect season and football immortality, I'd be pretty happy and not wasting my time spewing nonsensical bile about some other team's quarterback.

But that's just me.

(And yes, that first part was a brazen attempt to jinx the Colts.)
Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 AM   #187
War Child

Local Time: 04:59 PM
I do not get the above comments by the Colts fan..have you never watched your QB? Not only does he have no respect for his coach but he is the biggest pouter and biggest complainer in the entire NFL. Am I seriously the only one that sees this. Name me one other QB that is allowed to constantly stick his head into every REF huddle? Also how many times has Peyton been showed hanging his head after numerous interceptions? Honestly the ball bounces both ways.
Oh and before you fire off a reply that makes no sense I happen to think that THIS YEAR the Colts are the best team in the NFL and no one (especially after the Cincy game) can stop them. I however do not think there D is the second coming of Christ. I happen to think they are extremely lucky this year with all the awful performances the rest of the teams have had.
Enjoy it my friend while it lasts b/c and week is any given sunday
Old 12-15-2005, 08:02 AM   #188
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
I do not get the above comments by the Colts fan..have you never watched your QB? Not only does he have no respect for his coach but he is the biggest pouter and biggest complainer in the entire NFL. Am I seriously the only one that sees this. Name me one other QB that is allowed to constantly stick his head into every REF huddle? Also how many times has Peyton been showed hanging his head after numerous interceptions? Honestly the ball bounces both ways.
Hold it, in dissing Brady, I never once bragged on Peyton in comparison. I'm not touting him, I'm only dissing Brady. I have been a Colts fan since I was a kid regardless of QB. As for all the things you said about him, I could say the same thing you guys say about Brady, he's got the 'fire' and is so competitive

Quote:
Oh and before you fire off a reply that makes no sense I happen to think that THIS YEAR the Colts are the best team in the NFL and no one (especially after the Cincy game) can stop them. I however do not think there D is the second coming of Christ. I happen to think they are extremely lucky this year with all the awful performances the rest of the teams have had.
Enjoy it my friend while it lasts b/c and week is any given sunday
Well like I said I've been a Colts fan since I was a kid and I am 36 now so I have seen many a shit season and lived to enjoy this. Some of the things you say I have said about other teams in the past that I didn't like or was jealous of and was trying to put down so yeah I think that's what you're doing now. Someone once said it was better to be lucky than good, but I've always thought it had to take a little bit of both. NOBODY makes 13-0 being just one or the other, it takes both. After countless hapless seasons, the blue horseshoe has finally risen again, and it's about time.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

(And yes, that first part was a brazen attempt to jinx the Colts.)
Beat you to it.
I've picked against the Colts the last 2 weeks in the pick'em pool, and with the season I've been having, they of course won. So this week I smartened up and took the Colts, thus guaranteeing a Charger victory.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #190
Blue Crack Distributor

i've been praising the colts for like three years now, defending them and peyton against various barbs by patriot fans and various other fans, as well...

but frankly, this thread alone is making me want to root hard for the chargers this week.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

That plus your undying respect for all things Schottenheimer.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:30 AM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

ok so heres a question. when your team is eliminated from playoff contention, is it bad form to root against them the rest of the way in order to get the best possible draft pick?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #193
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
ok so heres a question. when your team is eliminated from playoff contention, is it bad form to root against them the rest of the way in order to get the best possible draft pick?
I don't think it's bad at all, especially when their is a clearcut, gotta-have stud sitting there for the number one pick like Reggie Bush.

I don't think there was a single Celtic fan rooting for them to do well in '97 (I think) when Tim Duncan was sitting there at number one, but then again we all know how that turned out.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i've been praising the colts for like three years now, defending them and peyton against various barbs by patriot fans and various other fans, as well...

but frankly, this thread alone is making me want to root hard for the chargers this week.
I really can't understand this attitude at all. It's not their fault if I hate Brady. I thought maybe since you didn't diss the Colts you'd help me, but I guess you think you're too cool to help a girl with a kitten in a poptart box avatar so you have to make fun of me and act all badass. Well maybe you will jinx your own team by being that way. My winning percentage is just as good as yours, and I am a knowledgeable fan of the game, yet you act like I'm some airhead who doesn't know the Browns from the Bengals. I'm not posting here anymore under any name.

and don't come harrassing me in PLEBA!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:57 PM   #195
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
absolutely not.

just look at it as you're rooting for the future of the franchise... that's whats gotten me through many a knick and met season.