The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how credible but I heard today on the radio that it was known that he caused Dungy some heartache when he took the Indy job. (ie. wanting to stay behind in Tampa)

Even less credible are the reports of what's on his myspace page. I don't know much about that though.

I just think saying these sorts of things without conclusive proof is incredibly irresponsible and immoral. Not that your average sports talk radio outfit really cares.

I graduated from a college that (I think) leads the world in rate of student suicides. I have observed that family and friends of a person who commits suicide sometimes blame themselves for not noticing that something was wrong, which is absolutely the last thing they should do.

I don't think anything I said was irresponsible or immoral. :eyebrow: What kid isn't troubled at 18? The show I was listening to went to great lenghts to explain how the one host knew the family and didn't claim anything as fact. Moreover, I believe I am able to judge what is responsible journalism and what is crackpot radio talk show, thank you.

i saw the myspace profile before it got taken down, it was pretty crazy, very rebellious

doesn't make this any less of a tragedy though

WildHoneyAlways said:
I don't think anything I said was irresponsible or immoral. :eyebrow: What kid isn't troubled at 18? The show I was listening to went to great lenghts to explain how the one host knew the family and didn't claim anything as fact. Moreover, I believe I am able to judge what is responsible journalism and what is crackpot radio talk show, thank you.

I didn't say you were irresponsible, I said the talk radio host was. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

It's the whole "didn't claim anything as fact" bit, also known as "plausible deniability", that really makes me angry. Journalists throw dirt on a guy, invite all sorts of speculation, but they write it tentatively enough that when somebody calls them on it, they can claim that they didn't say anything inaccurate.

There's even a chance that it wasn't a suicide.

Last edited:
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's office spokesperson is stating that it is "an apparent suicide" based on "evidence found on the scene." They didn't specify what the evidence was, but that's not really important :(.

The sheriff's office won't release any official finding until the autopsy is completed.

I feel icky even writing this, so I'm going to stop :(.

The hospital that they took him to and the college that he went to are only a few minutes drive from where I live.

so since i cant watch the game, does anybody know if Chad did his deer thing after his TD today?

speedracer said:

Do you have a source for this allegation?

I saw the My Space before it was taken down. He seemed to be interested in drugs, guns, gangsta rap lifestyle, and idolized Randy Moss. No mention of his father or his father's team's players on the site. I am truly sorry for the loss of this young man.:sad:

after being able to actually sit down and watch an entire bears game... they don't worry me at all.

sure, they could beat the giants. but there's no question in my mind that the giants could beat them on the road.

the packers are terrible and low and behold there was brett favre with the ball and 1:30 on the clock and a chance to tie the game.

the nfc is so terrible that whoever wins the conference will probably end up winning the super bowl just to make me look like an idiot for saying how terrible the nfc has been.

The Bears defense looked awful at times yesterday. Missed tackles, poor coverage, etc are not ususally what you see. Hopefully Rivera will beat their asses and address that.

Muhammed dropped 3 key balls as well. After his little tantrum on the sidelines last week, directed at Kyle Orton, you would think he would catch the balls that hit him in the numbers. :eyebrow:.

My family and I were plesantly surprised to see that the Bears can move the ball down field by using the pass. Rex looked pretty good.

Don't know if anyone else got to see it but there was a great special on the 85 Bears before the game. :heart: It was probably a local show. Ahh...the Shuffle...

WildHoneyAlways said:

Don't know if anyone else got to see it but there was a great special on the 85 Bears before the game. :heart: It was probably a local show. Ahh...the Shuffle...

Thank goodness for the Super Bowl Shuffle -- it completely squelched any hope Jim McMahon might have had of launching a rap career, to the immense benefit of all of humankind.

speedracer said:

Thank goodness for the Super Bowl Shuffle -- it completely squelched any hope Jim McMahon might have had of launching a rap career, to the immense benefit of all of humankind.

McMahon appeared on the special in only a green speedo. :yuck: :yikes: I was frightened. He was cutting his lawn in a speedo. :|

don't look now... but...

The Patriots held the Jets to 171 total yards on Monday, the fourth consecutive game in which New England held its opponent to fewer than 200 yards. That's the longest streak of that kind for any NFL team since the 1977 Cowboys also held their opponents to fewer than 200 in four consecutive games.
-elias sports bureau

The Patriots have not lost two consecutive games since they dropped back-to-back games to the Titans and the Jets in December 2002. With their win Monday, they clinched the distinction of going through three consecutive seasons without losing consecutive games.

Only one other NFL team has done that in the era of the 16-game schedule: the 49ers went through the 1996, 1997 and 1998 seasons without losing two games in a row. (Back when the schedules were shorter and without overtime, ties were aplenty, other teams did even better: Curly Lambeau was No. 1 on the list: his Packers went seven straight seasons -- 1938 through 1944 -- without losing two straight games!)
-elias sports bureau

somebody's peaking at just the right time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom