the official new Florida postcard...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
florida.jpg

:mad: another storm tomorrow

and 100% humidity and some rain almost every day.

Fantastic Florida weather.

LemonMacPhisto said:
and 100% humidity and some rain almost every day.

Fantastic Florida weather.

You can come shovel the snow out of my driveway this winter if you really want to get out of the rain.

Sorry, but you won't get much sympathy over Florida weather from this Canuck. :p

I'm glad I don't live down there.

Ferocious humidity
Monstrously-huge mosquitoes
Tons of rain
No snow
No recognizable seasonal change

:tsk:

DaveC said:

You can come shovel the snow out of my driveway this winter if you really want to get out of the rain.

Sorry, but you won't get much sympathy over Florida weather from this Canuck. :p

Fair enough.

West Nile virus. :drool:

I don't what part of Florida you guys are goin on about, but South Florida is awesome. Miami's gotta be one of my favorite places ever. Yeah it rains but it usually blows over fairly quickly...and you haven't felt humidity till you've been in Toronto in the summer, trust me. At least the ocean provides a break from it. .. And the only time I've ever seen a mosquito was up Orlando way...all the other places on the I've been like Tampa, Ft Myers/Cape Coral, Palm Beach, Melbourne, Boca, Delray Beach, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, etc..especially the Atlantic side...never seen a mosquito there...actually that was one of the things I found so odd, no mosquitos!

I've been in a hurricane before. Halifax took a direct hit in 2003. I'd take hurricanes over blizzards any day.

many people have no idea just how brutal a far east Atlantic winter can be, and I ain't talkin NY/NJ either lol

In alot of parts of the maritimes, you get pretty much locked down for weeks. Halifax is one thing, I lived there, but at least it's still attached to the mainland. PEI winters, especially before the bridge went in (ie when I was a kid) are no picnic. It's basically hell, frozen over X 100

:lol:

I was born in Naples and the first seven or so years of my life I lived in Marco Island, West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, and Daytona.

I really miss Florida sometimes. Not during storm season, just sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom