The Official NBA Thread- Business Casual Atire is Required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
this is a great trade... for orlando.

it's not terrible for detroit... cato's contract is up at the end of the year... but they're going to use the 8 million in savings that they get from losing cato to give a 12 million dollar per year contract to a man who can't score, ben wallace... and to extend chauncey billups contract long term... so next year detroit will have 60-70 million dollars invested in their starting lineup alone, leaving them with an aging team, zero cap flexability and no first round draft pick. i do believe i saw this movie once before... around the late 90s... aging eastern conference powerhouse built on defense starts adding money to the cap while losing draft picks... hmmm... where did i see that before...

orlando, if this trade does indeed go through, now adds a 20 year old center... again, darko is only 20 years old... who's shown an ability to block shots, and actually has a decent shooting percentage when they let him play, and putting him next to a man-beast in dwight howard, who will get every rebound and handle the scoring load down low, allowing darko to run the pick and roll with jameer nelson... or if he does, in fact, suck, they just get rid of him after next season, at the same time that grant hill's 13.5 million... the summer of 2007, which just happens to be the same season that lebron james, dwayne wade, carmello anthony and chris bosh become free agents for the first time.

now if only they can get rid of stevie the franchise killer, to some desperate team who's always looking to take on bums with bad contracts... hmmm... a desperate team looking to take on bums with bad contracts... where have i seen one of them before... :hmm: :banghead:

the summer of 2007 is sizing up to be a bidding war, with chicago, orlando and charlotte the leaders in the clubhouse, cap flexability wise... here are some of the free agents in 2007, with their current stats and how old they'll be in the summer of '07

pg, kirk hinrich- 14.4ppg, 6.2apg - 26 years old
sf, andres nocioni- 11.8ppg, 5.1rpg - 28 years old
pf, michael sweetney- 9.3ppg, 5.9 rpg - 25 years old
sf, lebron james- 31ppg, 6.9rpg, 6.5apg - 22 years old
sf, josh howard - 15.9ppg, 6.7 rpg - 27 years old
sf, carmello anthony- 25.9ppg, 5.3rpg - 23 years old
sg, mickael pietrus - 11.3ppg - 24 years old
pg, t.j. ford - 12.4ppg, 6.5apg, 4.6 rpg - 24 years old
sg, dwayne wade - 27.0ppg, 5.8rpg, 6.1apg - 25 years old
pg, luke ridnour - 11.8ppg, 6.7apg - 26 years old
chris bosh - 22.4ppg, 9.2rpg - 23 years old

It's essentially the 03 draft becoming FA.

I would honestly be surprised if LeBron is a Cav after next season.

Perhaps, instead of relocating to Brooklyn, the Nets could just merge with the Knicks.

The New York Knickets?

Curry/Frye
Kristic/Lee
Carter/Jefferson
Marbury/Crawford
Kidd/McInnis/Nate

And then after that the Lakers and Clippers could merge...

The Los Angeles Lakippers

Kaman/Mihm
Brand/Radman/Kwame
Odom/Maggette
Kobe/Mobley
Cassell/Livingston

:wink:

I really hope Isiah is dumb enough to trade for Steve Francis AND Cato to give the Magic Penny Hardaway's knees and bloated contract, Jamal Crawford, and Trevor Ariza or Nate Robinson, and a 'Lil Penny puppet

I'm getting sick of cheering for a basketball team (the Magic) that continually makes horrible free agency moves and drafting

I just hope they get rid of Stevie Trade Rumor, pick up some big men and a great passing point guard, wait for Grant Hill's contract to run out and sign him at the minimum and pick up a free agent who can make a difference in '07.

inmyplace13 said:
Rolando Blackman.

ummm yea, thanks for that :scratch:

namkcuR said:
Perhaps, instead of relocating to Brooklyn, the Nets could just merge with the Knicks.

The New York Knickets?

Curry/Frye
Kristic/Lee
Carter/Jefferson
Marbury/Crawford
Kidd/McInnis/Nate

And then after that the Lakers and Clippers could merge...

The Los Angeles Lakippers

Kaman/Mihm
Brand/Radman/Kwame
Odom/Maggette
Kobe/Mobley
Cassell/Livingston

:wink:

ummm yea, that too

Hindsight being 20-20, it's impossible to claim that the Pistons made the right decision when they chose the 18-year-old 7-footer from Serbia.
-Chad Ford, ESPN.com

this from a man who claimed that darko should be taken #1 over lebron james at the time of the draft.

nba experts... faaaaaaantastic.

but then again...

"We could really use him,. That kid can play. Too bad he can't suit up tonight."
-Richard Hamilton after seeing Darko workout before a Nets-Pistons playoff game

there is a reason why so many people drooled over this kid... and there is a reason why he was the #2 pick in the draft... there is a reason why kiki vandeweghe tried his hardest to trade up from the #3 spot in order to take Darko at #2... and he is younger than Lebron James by a year...

maybe the Darko story isn't over just yet... i mean after all, it took a while for Dirk Nowitzki to establish himself in the league as well, and he played for a team that was terrible, not a team that's competing for a championship... heck, don nelson was almost fired after dirk's rookie season for playing him so much when he was absolutely terrible. now look at him. he's an uber-freak.

or maybe darko's the second biggest bust in NBA history (sorry... sam bowie over michael jordan still blows darko over wade/bosh/carmello/whoever out of the water)

:hmm:

Last edited:
birth_popeye.jpg

heyyyyyyyyyyyy yoooooooooooooooou guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys

hahaha i love it headache

these should piss me off and make me think about how much i dislike this guy, but they really just makes me laugh

dampierhands3.jpg

dampierhands4.jpg

dampierhands2.jpg

It's funny cause it's true

I think what Darko needs is experience.He just couldn't stand popularity,money and fame that surrounded him suddenly.I am from Serbia and I know more about him and other Serbian players from NBA like Divac,Peja,Radmanovic and others.Take Divac and Peja for instance.Both had big experience playing for big European teams,to much games in strong leagues of Europe,winning trophies and deciding matches.After that they went to NBA.And that's something Darko is missing.He played for a small club in a small town.People adviced him to play another year or two in Europe for a better club, but kid wanted just NBA. And Dumars wanted just him .They both made a mistake.

i don't believe it was a mistake for darko to come to the NBA, and i don't believe it was a mistake to draft him... the mistake wasn't in drafting him, the mistake was drafting him when you weren't committed to giving him the playing team needed for him to properly develop.

and we forget that if the pistons had picked bosh, wade or anthony instead of darko that there is no gaurantee that larry brown would have played any of them anyways.

you think larry would have plugged chris bosh into the lineup? i think not... wade over billups or hamilton? nope... anthony over prince? maybe... but one would think carmello's laid back personality would have clashed with brown... and tayshaun fit better with his defensive style.

darko came into a situation with a coach who doesn't like playing rookies on a team that didn't need to play him. if he had gone to toronto instead... a city with a large serbian population and out of the US mainstream, where he could have played right off the bat, who knows where he'd be right now in terms of development.

it's not like bosh killed people right off the bad... he was averaged a semi-respectable 11.5 per game his rookie season, while playing over 30 minutes per. now he's averaging over 22.5 per.

nowitzki averaged just 8 a game his rookie season and looked horrific at times, shooting just 40% from the field, 20% from beyond the arc. now he's an uber-freak.

remember... we're still talking about an athletic 20 year old 7'1" kid with legit 3 point range and a knack for blocking shots. if he were coming into the draft this year, he'd be the #1 pick.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i own two official dirk jerseys... the blue road one, and the green alternate jersey... so i concur on the :drool:

Good man. You're top notch, headache

my buddy who kind of looks like Dirk had a Dirk jersey

I'm shorter and had a Nash jersey

and our friend who looked like Finley had a Finley jersey

this was back in '03 i think, people thought we were crazy :wink:

I like it LMP, I like it a lot.

I'm actually a huge Nash fan (hence the 13 in imp13) and I still wear my Dallas Nash shirts from time to time. One is the t shirt that is in the style of the home jersey, and the other is blue with a weird, distorted photo of him and "Stevie Wonder" printed across the front.

Nash :drool:

inmyplace13 said:
I like it LMP, I like it a lot.

I'm actually a huge Nash fan (hence the 13 in imp13) and I still wear my Dallas Nash shirts from time to time. One is the t shirt that is in the style of the home jersey, and the other is blue with a weird, distorted photo of him and "Stevie Wonder" printed across the front.

Nash :drool:

:lol:

Steve's been my favorite player since the 2003 Playoffs and when I said he'd be the MVP someday my basketball friends thought I was insane :laugh:

I hear ya, Dirk's always been the big dog around here and, while everyone loved Steve, you were always certain to see more people talking about/wearing Dirk.

Steve's been my favorite ever since my first Mavs game I went to against the Wolves back in 99. I've got a ridiculous amount of Steve junk lying around, bobblehead, lifesized poster (game giveaway), Lego man, autographed photo, authentic jersey, marionette doll gave away at a game (the game that I met Mark Cuban).

I miss the guy. But I also like Jet a lot.

The most surprising team for me this season was the Mavs, after seeing Dirk chew out half of the team in last year's playoffs I thought they'd stop trying to play with him or something as bad. And look at them now, they have a pretty good chance of getting the 1st seed in the Western Conference

My most disappointing teams have either been the Magic (my hometown team) or Golden State. Both have lots of talent on their teams killed by horrible "combo-guards", chronically injured vets with huge contracts, and mediocre coaching

LemonMacPhisto said:
The most surprising team for me this season was the Mavs, after seeing Dirk chew out half of the team in last year's playoffs I thought they'd stop trying to play with him or something as bad. And look at them now, they have a pretty good chance of getting the 1st seed in the Western Conference

My most disappointing teams have either been the Magic (my hometown team) or Golden State. Both have lots of talent on their teams killed by horrible "combo-guards", chronically injured vets with huge contracts, and mediocre coaching

I agree who would have thought that Dallas would have a similar record to San Antonio. Im pleasantly suprised by them. Espicially because I have Dirk in fantasy bball.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Magic (my hometown team)

I grew up all around Florida (West Palm, Boyton Beach, Daytona, Marco Island, born in Naples) and I've always liked the Magic. I used to go to games back in the Shaq days with one of my dad's business buddy's, so I got to have floor seats a lot, which is a big thrill when you're like 7 or whatever I was then.

Hell, it's a big thrill now. I had floor tickets for a Mavs preseason game against Detroit in October and it was incredible (Mavs won, by the way.)

inmyplace13 said:

I grew up all around Florida (West Palm, Boyton Beach, Daytona, Marco Island, born in Naples) and I've always liked the Magic. I used to go to games back in the Shaq days with one of my dad's business buddy's, so I got to have floor seats a lot, which is a big thrill when you're like 7 or whatever I was then.

Hell, it's a big thrill now. I had floor tickets for a Mavs preseason game against Detroit in October and it was incredible (Mavs won, by the way.)

I've been going to games since I was about 8, and my dad and I have seats in the first row of the upper deck right behind the basket. They are amazing seats and considerably cheap too, you can rest your feet and put stuff down, it's great.

I just hope they freakin' trade Steve Francis for a REAL guard, none of this "I feel like being a Shooting Guard today, maybe even a Point Guard, I don't know, I'm Steve Francis bitc...sorry guys, the ball bounced off my foot" stuff

inmyplace13 said:
What do you think of all the Franchise/Starbury trade talks?

I think it's horrible

I don't want my team to trade a headcase for a headcase:huh:

Back
Top Bottom