The Official NBA Thread- Business Casual Atire is Required - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #196
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:22 AM
Is there any set of circumstances in which Dolan could be forced to sell? Couldn't the the other owners(surely there are minority owners and such?) vote him out or something?

Old 02-22-2006, 05:28 PM   #197
Blue Crack Distributor

Madison Square Garden, Ltd. is owned entirely by Cablevision Corp., which is owned entirely by the Dolan family.

The only way they'd be forced to sell is if Jim's father, Charles Dolan, forces it... which was rumored to be a possibility a few months ago when father and son were involved in an argument over Cablevision's failing satelite TV service, but other than that... there are no minority owners. dolan has complete control

Old 02-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #198
Blue Crack Distributor

jim dolan is also the person behind the colapse of the west side stadium deal, which lead to new york city's bid for the 2012 olympics to fail, and which also ultimately lead to the new york jets moving their base of operations off long island and into jersey.

dolan outbid the jets for the west side property, then when the olympics fell through and the jets abandoned their plans to build the stadium, dolan dropped his bid for the west side train yards.

the property still has no owner, and there is still no current plans for development of the lone undeveloped property in all of manhattan.

all because dolan feared that a new stadium would draw concerts and events away from madison square garden.

the nfl draft used to be held at MSG's theater every year. after dolan did this tagliabue canceled their contract and moved the event to the jacob javits center instead.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #199
ONE
love, blood, life

Sounds like the guy is a piece of work.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #200
Blue Crack Distributor

just to tease me MSG Network is showing Game 6 of the 1994 Eastern Conference Finals between the Knicks and Pacers.

They like torturing me.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:57 PM   #201
Blue Crack Distributor

and just to torture me more, just as i was begining to enjoy watching the replay of the '94 knicks, MSG goes and interupts the end of the game to show the steve francis press conference.

just shoot me now.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

Ooooooh, that is torture!

The 92-93 and 93-94 Knicks teams were the best of the entire Ewing era, imo! The best in Knicks history, in fact, perhaps with the exception of the Frazier/Reed/Monroe teams of the 70s!

And those Knicks/Pacers playoff games were almost...almost... but not quite as good as those legendary Knicks/Bulls playoff games.

Watching that at this particular point in time must make you want to open fire on Dolan's office. Or IT's office. Or both.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #203
Blue Crack Distributor

both.

and the early 90s teams were good... but the greatest knick teams have to be the late 60s, early 70s teams... after all, they're the only teams in Knick history to win any championships.

33 years and counting...
Old 02-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:22 AM
I'm going to be in NY for a week in late April, want to catch an NBA game. According to ticketmaster, I really have only two choices, shitty Knicks seats vs Charlotte or very good Nets seats vs the Knicks. What, good gentlemen, would you recommend between the two, factoring the travel to NJ (it doesn't look far as the crow flies, but is it easy/difficult by public transport, and/or expensive by cab? Is the time/expense versus the lazy stroll from hotel to MSG worth it?) and the difference in expense (the Nets tickets are about twice as much as the Knicks tickets, but are way way way better seats). Either way I'm wanting to snap them up this week.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #205
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
thoughts from the opening of the season...

--the knicks will have one of the 5 best recrods in the eastern conference after the all star break... unfortunatly they'll be struggling to get to .500 before it.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:49 AM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

Did anyone else see any of the Bucks/Bulls game on ESPN last night?
WTF were the Bulls wearing.
Most heinous uniforms in sports history.
What is it about Chi-town?
First the Bears wear those orange jerseys so now the Bulls have to outdo them by wearing red shirts and blue shorts?
It looked like the team manager forgot to wash the shorts and the only store near the United Center only sold blue gym shorts.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #207
Refugee

Local Time: 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
First the Bears wear those orange jerseys so now the Bulls have to outdo them by wearing red shirts and blue shorts?
It looked like the team manager forgot to wash the shorts and the only store near the United Center only sold blue gym shorts.
Throwback jerseys. The mix n' match used to be all the rage.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:22 AM
I didn't like them at all. But I liked the outcome of the game. hahaha!!

I don't have any idea what Thomas is doing. I truely hope he has another trade in the works to get someone like Kenyon Martin. Then it would be the sweetest NBA Live 2006 team ever! Even comparable to the Lakers back when they had payton, kobe, malone, and Shaq. And that's saying something.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #209
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers
I'm going to be in NY for a week in late April, want to catch an NBA game. According to ticketmaster, I really have only two choices, shitty Knicks seats vs Charlotte or very good Nets seats vs the Knicks. What, good gentlemen, would you recommend between the two, factoring the travel to NJ (it doesn't look far as the crow flies, but is it easy/difficult by public transport, and/or expensive by cab? Is the time/expense versus the lazy stroll from hotel to MSG worth it?) and the difference in expense (the Nets tickets are about twice as much as the Knicks tickets, but are way way way better seats). Either way I'm wanting to snap them up this week.
there is a new jersey transit bus that goes from the port authority bus terminal to the meadowlands on game days.... something like 7 bucks round trip or so, last time i used it. problem is the meadowlands is surrounded by swamps... no resturants/bars/ or anything else.

the garden is very easy to get to by subway or taxi or even by foot depending on where you are in manhattan.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:58 AM   #210
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
they actually have worn them a few times... when the game ends you half expect for Michael Jordan and the Varsity team to come out next for their game.