The Official NBA Thread- Business Casual Atire is Required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great night for my Bullies! Everyone we needed to lose lost, and we beat the Wizards.

Ben Gordon tied the NBA record for most three pointers made in a game without missing. He was 9/9 from three point land, tying Latrell Sprewell's record set in 2003.

We're going to the playoffs. And, if we're the eight seed, we get to lose to the Pistons. A lot.

But we have the Knicks' pick(figures to be Top 3), our pick(12-15), and 20 Mil in cap space(with which we can either sign FA or take back big salary in a trade for a star). We can improve a lot.

Right now I don't want to lose Ben, Kirk, or Luol. These three kids have a TON of potential.

Oh, and I have a request for the NBA: Give the MVP to anybody but Brand. I have nothing against Brand, it's just that it's bad enough being the team that traded Brand for Chandler, I really don't want the Bulls to be the team that traded NBA MVP Brand for Chandler. :wink:

GO BULLS!

Bulls just beat the Heat, clinching the playoffs!!!!!

The 5th-8th seeds are so close right now that we could be any one of them.

I'm excited!

namkcuR said:
Bulls just beat the Heat, clinching the playoffs!!!!!

The 5th-8th seeds are so close right now that we could be any one of them.

I'm excited!

:grumpy::wink:

they deserved to make it over the 76ers, but I wished the Magic somehow made it too.

Especially since Indiana's in, after basically running on fumes the last few months.

And now for another usless fact:

The Pistons and Red Wings are the first teams from the same city to finish with the NBA and NHL's best regular-season record in the same season.

namkcuR said:

Oh, and I have a request for the NBA: Give the MVP to anybody but Brand. I have nothing against Brand, it's just that it's bad enough being the team that traded Brand for Chandler, I really don't want the Bulls to be the team that traded NBA MVP Brand for Chandler. :wink:

GO BULLS!

:lol: Couldn't have said it better myself!

As far as the 20 mil we have coming up to spend...we HAVE to keep Heinrich, Gordon, Deng and Nocioni.

And as far as your Knicks Headache, I'm going to beat a dead horse. They are the most frustrating team in professional sports, next to the Detroit Lions. They should be focusing on young players. Like, Robinson. He should be starting for this team. He plays hard and well. I don't like Crawford, but he can shoot the ball. I don't like Curry, but he's a young big man. I think his name is Lee, he'd be solid. And Ariza...oh yeah, he WOULD have been good. But as i said, a bit of old news, I'm sure.

GO BULLS!

As much as I dislike the Mamba (Kobe)

he probably will win the MVP this year.

Without him the Lakers would've been a 20-win team, no doubt in my mind.

the knicks have no need to be worried about eddy curry's heart problems because, as it turns out, the man has no heart.

stephon marbury has promised that starbury will return next year. goody goody gumdrops.

as for the MVP race... as far as i'm concearned, nash is still the mvp, followed by dirk, lebron, and then kobe. yea kobe's numbers were great, but i can't give the MVP to a guy who could barely get his team into the playoffs, esp. when nash lost half his team and still got the suns to a 2 seed... like somehow shawn marion and a bunch of role players are so much better than the guys kobe plays with... helloooo... lamar odom is an all star caliber player whom kobe is getting zero out of. it's gotta be nash... but i think the votes will still go to kobe or lebron anyways. and dirk gets no love whatsoever despite the mav's having a tremndous year, which makes no sense to me but whatever.

frankly, the guy who's been movest valuable to this team has been ron artest... but he was also least valuable to his first team, so that kinda offsets what he's done to revive the kings.

as for the playoffs... this may be the final runs of the pistons, the heat and the spurs. apparently duncan's foot problems are serious... like ric smitts type foot problems, and if he's not duncan, the spurs are not the spurs. the pistons still have 2-3 more good seasons in them... but if they lock up ben wallace to a 13 million dollar contract, then they're done as far as cap room goes for another 5 years, and they really won't be able to add any depth to the roster, making them one serious injury away from a bad year... plus with young teams like the cavs and magic only getting better, it's possible that they could be eclipsed much in the same way the bad boy pistons of the late 80s/early 90s could be. as for the heat... no explanation neccesary. they need shaq, and shaq might not be shaq anymore. if they fail to make a serious run this year they may just blow the team up and rebuild around dwayne wade... and then we'll see just how good he really is.

Last edited:
Where did you hear/read about Duncan's foot problems being that serious? I haven't heard anything about that. I hope it's not that serious - he's a top-2 player of his generation imo and I'd hate to see his career cut short.

And Marbury as Starbury would be a good thing if he had a run-and-gun coach ala Rick Adelman or Don Nelson who could get the most out of his talents, but with LB it's a recipe for disaster.

duncan suffers from plantar fasciitis. it's a common injury that many athletes, especially basketball players, deal with... sort of like shin splints but on the feet. much like shin splints, there are varying degrees of the injury... from minor inconvenience to so painful it's hard to walk. bad cases can cause bone spurs to develop, which are extremely painful. there are tons of taping and splinting techniques out there to try to help dull the pain, but ultimately the only real cure is rest, which is obviously a problem for an athlete. sometimes a few weeks of rest can solve the problem, in some cases it takes up to a year to solve the issue. if you come back too soon, it just comes back, most of the time worst than before.

if duncan has a sever case, it ultimately comes down to wether or not he wants to deal with the pain. :shrug: i don't think he's gonna retire any time soon, but it's certainly a concern for his future.

namkcuR said:
I'd hate to see his career cut short.

I don't wish that upon anyone, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if his playoffs were cut short.

Although I suppose it would be more rewarding if the Mavs beat a full strength Spurs team.

Got Philk? said:
A man named Zydrunas Ilgauskus had the dreded plantar fasciitis. He's been fine for the last 2-3 years since recovering. I'm not sure how he did it, but I'd think if he could recover and do what he does. Duncan can too.

rik smitts also had it and was forced to retire from it... big Z recovered, but he still has nagging problems relating to it here and there.

look i don't know how serious duncan's case is... i just know that it can be serious. it's extremely painful. can you play through it? yes. but when you have a man like duncan who's already accomplished everything possible in his career, who knows how long he'd want to deal with the pain. i hope he stays on for another 5-6 years myself. i love watching him play.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

rik smitts also had it and was forced to retire from it... big Z recovered, but he still has nagging problems relating to it here and there.

look i don't know how serious duncan's case is... i just know that it can be serious. it's extremely painful. can you play through it? yes. but when you have a man like duncan who's already accomplished everything possible in his career, who knows how long he'd want to deal with the pain. i hope he stays on for another 5-6 years myself. i love watching him play.

shaq has it.
My brother also has it and it has caused him a lot of problems. People have different threshold for pain.

Well the Cavs are up 1-0 against the Wiz now

and the Spurs are absolutely killing the Kings.

Back
Top Bottom