The Official NBA Thread- Business Casual Atire is Required - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Harold Miner.
I have a Harold Miner Miami Heat jersey.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #152
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
this is a great trade... for orlando.

it's not terrible for detroit... cato's contract is up at the end of the year... but they're going to use the 8 million in savings that they get from losing cato to give a 12 million dollar per year contract to a man who can't score, ben wallace... and to extend chauncey billups contract long term... so next year detroit will have 60-70 million dollars invested in their starting lineup alone, leaving them with an aging team, zero cap flexability and no first round draft pick. i do believe i saw this movie once before... around the late 90s... aging eastern conference powerhouse built on defense starts adding money to the cap while losing draft picks... hmmm... where did i see that before...

orlando, if this trade does indeed go through, now adds a 20 year old center... again, darko is only 20 years old... who's shown an ability to block shots, and actually has a decent shooting percentage when they let him play, and putting him next to a man-beast in dwight howard, who will get every rebound and handle the scoring load down low, allowing darko to run the pick and roll with jameer nelson... or if he does, in fact, suck, they just get rid of him after next season, at the same time that grant hill's 13.5 million... the summer of 2007, which just happens to be the same season that lebron james, dwayne wade, carmello anthony and chris bosh become free agents for the first time.

now if only they can get rid of stevie the franchise killer, to some desperate team who's always looking to take on bums with bad contracts... hmmm... a desperate team looking to take on bums with bad contracts... where have i seen one of them before...

the summer of 2007 is sizing up to be a bidding war, with chicago, orlando and charlotte the leaders in the clubhouse, cap flexability wise... here are some of the free agents in 2007, with their current stats and how old they'll be in the summer of '07

pg, kirk hinrich- 14.4ppg, 6.2apg - 26 years old
sf, andres nocioni- 11.8ppg, 5.1rpg - 28 years old
pf, michael sweetney- 9.3ppg, 5.9 rpg - 25 years old
sf, lebron james- 31ppg, 6.9rpg, 6.5apg - 22 years old
sf, josh howard - 15.9ppg, 6.7 rpg - 27 years old
sf, carmello anthony- 25.9ppg, 5.3rpg - 23 years old
sg, mickael pietrus - 11.3ppg - 24 years old
pg, t.j. ford - 12.4ppg, 6.5apg, 4.6 rpg - 24 years old
sg, dwayne wade - 27.0ppg, 5.8rpg, 6.1apg - 25 years old
pg, luke ridnour - 11.8ppg, 6.7apg - 26 years old
chris bosh - 22.4ppg, 9.2rpg - 23 years old
It's essentially the 03 draft becoming FA.

I would honestly be surprised if LeBron is a Cav after next season.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #153
ONE
love, blood, life

Perhaps, instead of relocating to Brooklyn, the Nets could just merge with the Knicks.

The New York Knickets?

Curry/Frye
Kristic/Lee
Carter/Jefferson
Marbury/Crawford
Kidd/McInnis/Nate

And then after that the Lakers and Clippers could merge...

The Los Angeles Lakippers

Kaman/Mihm
Brand/Radman/Kwame
Odom/Maggette
Kobe/Mobley
Cassell/Livingston

Old 02-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #154
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:21 PM
I really hope Isiah is dumb enough to trade for Steve Francis AND Cato to give the Magic Penny Hardaway's knees and bloated contract, Jamal Crawford, and Trevor Ariza or Nate Robinson, and a 'Lil Penny puppet

I'm getting sick of cheering for a basketball team (the Magic) that continually makes horrible free agency moves and drafting

I just hope they get rid of Stevie Trade Rumor, pick up some big men and a great passing point guard, wait for Grant Hill's contract to run out and sign him at the minimum and pick up a free agent who can make a difference in '07.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:35 AM   #155
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:21 PM
Rolando Blackman.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

The Donnie Darko reign in Detroit is officially over.
I guess 70 wins is out of the question now.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:19 AM   #157
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Rolando Blackman.
ummm yea, thanks for that

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Perhaps, instead of relocating to Brooklyn, the Nets could just merge with the Knicks.

The New York Knickets?

Curry/Frye
Kristic/Lee
Carter/Jefferson
Marbury/Crawford
Kidd/McInnis/Nate

And then after that the Lakers and Clippers could merge...

The Los Angeles Lakippers

Kaman/Mihm
Brand/Radman/Kwame
Odom/Maggette
Kobe/Mobley
Cassell/Livingston

ummm yea, that too
Old 02-16-2006, 08:40 AM   #158
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Hindsight being 20-20, it's impossible to claim that the Pistons made the right decision when they chose the 18-year-old 7-footer from Serbia.
-Chad Ford, ESPN.com
this from a man who claimed that darko should be taken #1 over lebron james at the time of the draft.

nba experts... faaaaaaantastic.

but then again...

Quote:
"We could really use him,. That kid can play. Too bad he can't suit up tonight."
-Richard Hamilton after seeing Darko workout before a Nets-Pistons playoff game

there is a reason why so many people drooled over this kid... and there is a reason why he was the #2 pick in the draft... there is a reason why kiki vandeweghe tried his hardest to trade up from the #3 spot in order to take Darko at #2... and he is younger than Lebron James by a year...

maybe the Darko story isn't over just yet... i mean after all, it took a while for Dirk Nowitzki to establish himself in the league as well, and he played for a team that was terrible, not a team that's competing for a championship... heck, don nelson was almost fired after dirk's rookie season for playing him so much when he was absolutely terrible. now look at him. he's an uber-freak.

or maybe darko's the second biggest bust in NBA history (sorry... sam bowie over michael jordan still blows darko over wade/bosh/carmello/whoever out of the water)

Old 02-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #159
Refugee

Local Time: 03:21 AM
All star game this weekend. Im gonna pick the west.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:20 PM   #160
ONE
love, blood, life

Sometimes I miss Hubert Davis and Popeye Jones
Old 02-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor

heyyyyyyyyyyyy yoooooooooooooooou guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys
Old 02-16-2006, 04:35 PM   #162
ONE
love, blood, life

hahaha i love it headache

these should piss me off and make me think about how much i dislike this guy, but they really just makes me laugh

It's funny cause it's true
Old 02-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #163
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:21 AM
I think what Darko needs is experience.He just couldn't stand popularity,money and fame that surrounded him suddenly.I am from Serbia and I know more about him and other Serbian players from NBA like Divac,Peja,Radmanovic and others.Take Divac and Peja for instance.Both had big experience playing for big European teams,to much games in strong leagues of Europe,winning trophies and deciding matches.After that they went to NBA.And that's something Darko is missing.He played for a small club in a small town.People adviced him to play another year or two in Europe for a better club, but kid wanted just NBA. And Dumars wanted just him .They both made a mistake.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

i don't believe it was a mistake for darko to come to the NBA, and i don't believe it was a mistake to draft him... the mistake wasn't in drafting him, the mistake was drafting him when you weren't committed to giving him the playing team needed for him to properly develop.

and we forget that if the pistons had picked bosh, wade or anthony instead of darko that there is no gaurantee that larry brown would have played any of them anyways.

you think larry would have plugged chris bosh into the lineup? i think not... wade over billups or hamilton? nope... anthony over prince? maybe... but one would think carmello's laid back personality would have clashed with brown... and tayshaun fit better with his defensive style.

darko came into a situation with a coach who doesn't like playing rookies on a team that didn't need to play him. if he had gone to toronto instead... a city with a large serbian population and out of the US mainstream, where he could have played right off the bat, who knows where he'd be right now in terms of development.

it's not like bosh killed people right off the bad... he was averaged a semi-respectable 11.5 per game his rookie season, while playing over 30 minutes per. now he's averaging over 22.5 per.

nowitzki averaged just 8 a game his rookie season and looked horrific at times, shooting just 40% from the field, 20% from beyond the arc. now he's an uber-freak.

remember... we're still talking about an athletic 20 year old 7'1" kid with legit 3 point range and a knack for blocking shots. if he were coming into the draft this year, he'd be the #1 pick.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #165
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
nowitzki