The Official Major League F'ing Baseball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
headache has been neglecting this thread. :angry:

come on, man...to maintain your integrity...you need to regularly maintain these threads. :mad:

Interleague play...game one: Twins SQUEAK by Mets 2-1 thanks to future star Joe Mauer.

zoney! said:
headache has been neglecting this thread. :angry:

come on, man...to maintain your integrity...you need to regularly maintain these threads. :mad:

Interleague play...game one: Twins SQUEAK by Mets 2-1 thanks to future star Joe Mauer.

i believe that should read: Twins SQUEAK by Mets 2-1 thanks to current bum Kazuo Matsui

yea... it was really worth moving reyes... who's still yet to friggin play... to second base to bring in this stellar defensive shortstop from japan, who just happens to be leading the league in errors by a shortstop with 12. :madspit: and chiz wanted to trade me matsui for roy halladay, claiming that i'd be sorry when kaz turned into the next ichiro.

and i'm not ignoring... i'm just preoccupied with the NBA right now. my focus will turn soley to baseball by the end of the week.... but i will make sure to post durring the Mets-Twins sereis, just for you Zoney :wink:

Last edited:
Ah well, Aaron Sele is given a spot in the halos' rotation about a month into the season, pitches 5 strong starts and then today goes on the DL with shoulder fatigue.

Total days on DL for halo players thus far this season: 250

ahhh life as a mets fan...

mike piazza is moved to first base because he's allegedly such a bad defensive catcher (reality is he's just a really bad thrower, the rest of his game is actually pretty good). so piazza goes to first base, where he obviously has made some bonehead plays... having never played the position, you can't really blame him. so then the mets platoon jason phillips and vance wilson behind the plate, because of their superior defensive skills.

so we advance to yesterday's game against the kansas city royals... who have been absolutely horrendous. bottom of the 9th, tie game, winning run attempting to score, vance wilson blocks the plate, applys the tag, and the runner is...
wilson.jpg

safe?!?!! what the hell?!?! he clearly blocked the plate, and the tag was clearly on time! vance is furious, yelling at the umpire, complaining to the press afterwords that wilton guerrero was clearly out and the tag was clearly on time. so let's look again at that first picture...
wilson2.jpg

there's a saying in the coaching world... "the tape never lies." so before you come up with some BS excuse as to why you didn't make a play, you better make damn sure that you're right. if you're not, just say nothing at all. so that being said, upon further inspection of the first picture, one can clearly see vance wilson doing something that he was told not to do since t-ball games in the 2nd grade. if you're going to tag someone with your glove...
wilson3.jpg

... it helps to have the ball in said glove.:rolleyes:

Chizip said:
guess who has the best record in the national league?

beat me to it...bitches

tough series starting tomorrow against chokeland though

Last edited:
got some free tickets to the mets-indians game last night... original seats were by home plate, first base side, 15 rows back... after an hour and a half rain delay, we improved our seating just a bit...

piazza.jpg

... not too shabby, eh? :wink:

ty wiggington talked to us for a little while... karim garcia enjoyed my "you kicked that guy in boston's ass karim" comment... also got a chuckle out of todd zeile and mike cameron, a wave from art howe... but piazza wouldn't budge, even when i started breakin' out roger clemens jokes.. no reaction.

Last edited:
nice seats, i had some good ones when i saw the mets/cards

pujols1.jpg

pujolsrolen1.jpg

and heres a picture of reggie giving me a ball in bp
reggie.jpg

annnnnnnnd the cards' gm signing my hat

jockettyautograph.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:

ty wiggington talked to us for a little while... karim garcia enjoyed my "you kicked that guy in boston's ass karim" comment... also got a chuckle out of todd zeile and mike cameron, a wave from art howe... but piazza wouldn't budge, even when i started breakin' out roger clemens jokes.. no reaction.
Always fun to get some reaction out of the players when you sit close enough. I remember a game April of 95, just after the strike was settled, Sox had sold all April tix (there were like 4 dates left) for 1/2 price and most season tix holders had turned theirs back in for a refund, scored seats right by 3rd base for 10 bucks apiece. Robin Ventura was playing 3rd for the opposition Chisox, had made an error in each of the first 3 games of the season prior, so myself, my buddy and a few others in the section were chiding him all game long, calling him "Ace Ventura" (I know real original) and so forth, till in the 7th, he threw one way...our section went bonkers and he just hung his head in shame.
Also yelled something at James Baldwin as he was returning to visitors dugout after pitching an inning and we saw him start cracking up as he walked down the dugout steps.

The sad thing about the N.L. (L)East is that if the Mutts extend their win to streak to 12 like the D-Rays current streak(which will end tonite), they'll be the division leader and a possible playoff team.
Of course the Mutts won't win 7 more in a row.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
The sad thing about the N.L. (L)East is that if the Mutts extend their win to streak to 12 like the D-Rays current streak(which will end tonite), they'll be the division leader and a possible playoff team.
Of course the Mutts won't win 7 more in a row.

they have the pitching to pull it off... they lead the majors in ERA... at the all star break we'll be able to tell if the mets are really contenders in the mediocre at best NL east, or if they're just pretenders...

their upcomming schedule
Reds, Reds, @ Yankees, @ Yankees, @ Yankees, @ Reds, @ Reds, @ Reds, Yankees, Yankees, Yankees, @ Philly, @ Philly, @ Philly, @ Philly, @ Florida @ Florida @ Florida

18 tough ass games till the break... if they can go .500 or better through this stretch, then they're for real... below .500, then they're not.

Back
Top Bottom