The Official Major League F'ing Baseball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be at the Boston game this Friday :happy: I can't wait! :dance: Since I've been out of the country I missed watching some games, and of course the first game I watch (yesterday) they lose. :reject: Hopefully that won't continue!

what pisses me off....as I was typing the above post, I could have been at the game. I guess a few of my players went, but could not figure out what room I was in to ask me.

:grumpy:

Good (low scoring) series! :up:

Chizip said:

and can the reds ever hold a lead?

about as good as the indians can! i think the indians bullpen has cost them 4 or five games this year.

let's recap the Cubs versus Cards before the Cards fans get all excited that they won two of four.

Game one...Cubs relief pitching WALKED a Cardinal. Cubs beat themselves (ie. Cards had no part in the victory).

Game two...Cubs win (Cards score 1 run I believe).

Game three....NINE scoreless innings (pitchers dual). Cards score one run off of a single after Cubs relievers walk two. Cubs beat themselves.

Game four....Cubs win 7-3.

How I see it: Cubs win tow, and find a way to lose two. Cards didn't even have to really show up to their home field this weekend.

F the Wankees. They're supposed to win with a payroll like that. Rooting for the Wanks is like cheering when you owe the IRS $, or being happy Brad Pitt got laid. :mad:

Last edited:
Its still a bit early to crown the Yanks champs and bury the Sox, just like it was too early to bury the Yanks 10 days ago. (funny the Yanks fans used that argument after the Sox took 6 of 7 from them, but after the Sox drop 5 straight the Yanks fans declare the division clinched).
Its a long season, and the cream will rise to the top.

MrBrau1 said:
F the Wankees. They're supposed to win with a payroll like that. Rooting for the Wanks is like cheering when you owe the IRS $, or being happy Brad Pitt got laid. :mad:

:yawn: yea... who'd wanna root for a team who's owner does absolutely everything in his power to put a good product on the field. god forbid... an owner who puts a good product on the field for his fans at any cost. how bad for baseball.

anyhoo...

two guys passed two different carlton's yesterday...
piazza.jpg
roger.jpg

...and i hear they're good friends too :wink:

Piazza's good, but he's only half the man Carlton Fisk is. That man was like having an oak tree blocking the plate when someone tried to barrell through him. Just ask Thurman Munson, oh wait, oops.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:yawn: yea... who'd wanna root for a team who's owner does absolutely everything in his power to put a good product on the field. god forbid... an owner who puts a good product on the field for his fans at any cost. how bad for baseball.

I'm not questioning the leadership, I'm calling out the heart of Wankee fans. It's easy being the fan of a winner.

i know pudge fisk's niece... she was the softball coach where i went to college. not that that matters :shrug:

MrBrau1 said:

I'm not questioning the leadership, I'm calling out the heart of Wankee fans. It's easy being the fan of a winner.

and as for the Wankee fans, or as i prefer to call them... WankMe fans...

for fans of the yankees with no connection to the new york metro area at all? i agree with ya... for the yuppy soho/tribeca/chelsea fair-weather fans who rooted for the mets in the 80s? i agree with ya... for the fans who have been yankee fans their entire life, who's fathers were yankee fans, who's grandfathers were yankee fans... i'd have to strongly disagree with ya.

maybe i can trade my friday tix for saturday ones. :wink:

of course then i also have the whole "having to be at work" thing. :|

so youd trade away tix the day bono is singing?

what kind of fan are you?

I cannot find anything on the Internet that could substantiate (maybe i shouldn't use big words I can't spell) this rumor. :mad:

You have any ideas miss flower?

i think if i were at a game and bono actually sang "take me out to the ballgame" i would implode.

Back
Top Bottom