The Official Major League F'ing Baseball Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #46
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Well the Angels began the season by pounding Seattle's pitching and looking scary in sweeping them, only to spend the last 2 days having their asses handed to them by the Rangers (who's lineup looks pretty damn imposing in its own right). But that's what makes this game interesting. Hope the halos rebound today.

Old 04-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:31 AM
break up the muts... 7-0 lead in the third inning over the braves with the fearsome 2-3-4 of ricky gutierez, shane spencer and todd zeile...

mike hampton gets smacked around again... now with a 16.20 era for the year.

Old 04-12-2004, 05:38 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:31 AM
the reds are in first place.....shhhhhh
Old 04-12-2004, 06:35 PM   #49
Refugee

Local Time: 05:31 AM
this will be me all season long:
Old 04-20-2004, 09:37 AM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis Presley
the reds are in first place.....shhhhhh
griffey hasn't gotten hurt yet... shhhhhh
Old 04-20-2004, 11:16 AM   #51
New Yorker

Peter Gammons, in yesterday's (Apr. 19) baseball chat, said he wonders if some of the Angels' pitchers have taken roids. I find this curious (as do other halo fans on the boards) because, for the life of me, I cannot think of a single Angel pitcher on their major league roster that looks significantly different in size this year as opposed to the last 1-3 years (or any other year, for that matter).

The U.S. Olympic Committee barred Derrick Turnbow from Olympic competition this year because he took "performance enhancing" substances, but these were substances that you could buy at any GNC over the counter, substances that MLB does not deem illegal. In any event, he's not even on the halos' major league roster.

Some Angel fans are thinking that Gammons must be implying that certain halo pitchers have gotten smaller, but nobody can figure out who he might be referring to.

I mean...
Scott Shields is the twig he's always been, as is Ramon Ortiz.

K-Rod appears to be the about same size he's been for the 2 years he's been in the majors. (Hard to tell, really. He could have put on 5 pounds, I dunno).

Percy hasn't changed a bit in all his years of baseball.

Seriously, I'd love to hear Gammons name names, because otherwise his accusations seem ridiculous.

It's also interesting to note that Gammons says "I have a problem accusing anyone without proof," just after he makes an accusation against the halo staff, apparently without anything to back it up except his opinion.

------------------------------------------
Tim Boston, Ma: Mr. Gammons, am I correct to assume after listening to you on WEEI on last Thursday that you think some of the pitchers on the Angels staff have taken steroids? If not, could you clarify your comments.

Peter Gammons: To start with, the percentage of pitchers who have used some enhancement is as great as hitters, I think. Ramon Ortiz you can be sure he hasn't. But about one-third of the staff is very different from last year. I have a problem accusing anyone without proof. That is one of the problems with the media right now. It's easy sitting in a radio studio or writing a story. You don't want to see someone ruined who might be innocent.
---------------------------------------------

Old 04-20-2004, 01:30 PM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor

steroids don't neccesarily make your head blow up like a beach ball... steroids don't neccesarily make your muscles appear gigantic... if your head blows up like a beach ball, it does not neccesarily mean you are on steroids, 'cause there are thousands of legal suppliments with "steroid like effects" out there...

all these people... wether it's rick reilly, jack mcdowell, andy van slyke or peter gammons... need to shut the F'ing hell up until they have scientific proof regarding who is and who isn't on steroids. there are hundreds of different types of steroids that all do different things... and there are hundreds of different supliments that are not banned by major league baseball that do similar things when taken properly... no one knows, and as long as no one knows, this witch hunt is just gonna get worse and worse and innocent ballplayers will have their names and reputation torn down right next to the guilty ones.

stop fighting the players, start fighting the rules and the system so that it gets changed and we know once and for all who is in fact doing what.

bahhh...
Old 04-20-2004, 07:45 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 04-20-2004, 10:57 PM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor

BAHHH...

al leiter pitches another great game... only to have the middle relief blow it AGAIN!!!

i officialy hate all middle relievers... starters need to start going into the 7th and 8th again.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:06 PM   #55
New Yorker

It's the top of the 3rd at Anaheim, the halos are playing the Rangers, and after having given it considerable thought I have come to the following conclusion:

Ramon Ortiz sucks ass.

Yet AGAIN he gets tagged hard in the early innings, down 4-1 before mercifully (for the fans) getting yanked. Some people think he's too emotional -- a head case -- and I'm starting to think maybe it's true. Hell, I don't know.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
Old 04-21-2004, 09:19 AM   #56
Blue Crack Distributor

barry bonds' current stats through 15 games...
.514avg, 9 homers (including at least 1 in 7 straight games), 19 rbi's.

even if he's on steroids... steroids don't make those kinda numbers.

bond saw 16 pitches last night. he swung at one of them... and deposited it into mccovery cove.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Headcase.....

You would have been proud of me...I got as far as the checkout counter with a Mets cap the other day (I was in the area for a wedding). That would mean my Mets cap collection would outnumber my Yankee cap collection 2-1 (due to the car break in last summer). I wimped out though.

It was a sweet hat though...and I may have to send my dad to pick it up!

The wedding I went to...the Groom is a lifelong Met fan, and of course it came up during the Best Man's Toast....he was showing the crowd how loyal of a man he was!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:05 AM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor

i just bought a new mets hat... the black official one... fitted and all that jazz...

the store had to order out for it 'cause my head's too big
Old 04-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:31 AM
so...its about the size of a suitcase?
Old 04-21-2004, 11:05 AM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

so you're saying i should change my name ot Head is a Suitcase?