The Official Major League F'ing Baseball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I know is I spent like 80 bucks on a Phillies/Rolen jersey, and the next year he was gone.

I only buy t-shirts with names on them now!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the red sox have always choked for 84 years... no reason for me to believe this year will be different... afterall, they said last year would be different, too.

frankly, game 1 is vital for the sawks. they brought curt schilling in for one reason and one reason only... to beat the yankees in october. that's the only reason why he's on the roster. if they come out tonight, game 1, with schilling on the mound, and the yankees win anyway, all the deamons will start flooding back... do i believe in a physical curse against the red sox? do i believe the babe is up there pulling strings? no... but do i believe there is a psychological curse? absolutely.

:hmm:

The Angels have announced they are not going to attempt to re-sign Troy Glaus, mostly due to the "economics" of the situation.

Dallas McPherson, one of the top-rated players in all of the minors, will take over as 3rd baseman for the halos. (Forget the fact that DMac has all of about a month of major league ball under his belt and that he struck out a lot and made a ton of errors in double-a and triple-a last season, i.e., he is GREEN.).

Anyway, Glaus is going to be a huge pickup for whichever team gets him.

Last edited:
hey good thing the Mets didn't go out and sign Vlad Guerrero... his back problelm was deffinetly too much of an issue, and he's obviously done and will never be the same player again...

Vladimir Guerrero became the first player in history to win the AL Most Valuable Player award the year after switching from the National League. Guerrero hit .337 with 39 homers and 126 RBIs for the Angels. He had nine of those homers in the final 15 games as Anaheim rallied to with the AL West title.

Can't argue with Vlad winning..I'm sure Manny and Ortiz split votes a bit, but Vlad carried the Halos to the playoffs the last 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom