The Official Major League F'ing Baseball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
0302_biggio_craig_288x235.jpg

:up:

and to think, he was a better football player in high school than baseball player.

The Astros have been good against the Cards this year, and they have the whole wild-card/interim manager mystique the Marlins had last year going on.....but...

Cards in 6

Sox in 7

Sox win it all...in 6 (c'mon, Cards fans, at least the Red Sox Nation will shut up for once!)

Oh, and as a Phillies fan..

FUCK Scott Rolen.

i never understood why the whole rolen-philly rift happened

he seems to be the model of a perfect baseball player if you ask me

why didnt bowa like him? i just cant understand why anyone wouldnt want him on their team

hopefully he'll do better than 0-12 in the nlcs though :huh:

I don't know what the whole Bowa/Rolen deal was. I think maybe Rolen just disapproved of his managerial skills, but Philly doesn't have either one of them to deal with anymore...so it's over.

Early World Series Prediction:

I think the Red Sox will beat the Cards in the Series. The sox hitters remind me of the angel hitters in '02 -- patient at the plate and very good at wearing the opposing pitcher down. Only difference is the Sox have more power than the halos had two years ago.

Plus, the Cards lost Carpenter.

Chizip said:
what do ya have against the cardinals?

i have nothing against the cardinals and if they win the NLCS i'll be rooting for them in the series no matter who they face. i'm rootin' for the astros based soley on the fact that i sat in the same seat in Mr. Bogenshutz's senior english class as Craig Biggio. There is no big theory behind it... simply wanna see the home town boy do good.

as for my prediction... if the astros win the NLCS, then the yankees win the world series in 6 games. if the cardinals win, then the cardinals win it over the yankees in 7.

the red sox will choke.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

the red sox will choke.

I don't think so this time. They're hot and playing with supreme confidence. The Yankees do not have the pitching to beat the Sox. Hell, the sox wore down a very good angel bullpen.

Although I should add, it might be risky basing a prediction of what Pedro or any other sox pitcher will do the rest of the post-season on what they did against the Angels. The Angels were VERY streaky this year and when they were flat (most notably just prior to the last 3 series of the season), they were capable of making many a no-name pitcher look like Cy Young.

the red sox have always choked for 84 years... no reason for me to believe this year will be different... afterall, they said last year would be different, too.

frankly, game 1 is vital for the sawks. they brought curt schilling in for one reason and one reason only... to beat the yankees in october. that's the only reason why he's on the roster. if they come out tonight, game 1, with schilling on the mound, and the yankees win anyway, all the deamons will start flooding back... do i believe in a physical curse against the red sox? do i believe the babe is up there pulling strings? no... but do i believe there is a psychological curse? absolutely.

DaveC said:

Yeah, Pedro and Curt Schilling are real no-names. :rolleyes:

I give the Sox all the credit in the world. They beat the halos in every facet of the game, not in one series, but TWO (recall the series at Fenway at the beginning of September).

That said, weren't there some questions about Pedro coming into the ALDS? Hadn't he struggled his last few games of the season? (Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I thought I read/heard -- I didn't see any of Pedro's performances toward the end of the year.)

My point is, as well as the Sox took it to the Angels, many of the halos seemed to be playing scared (with the exception of Erstad and Glaus), so the halos might not be the best barometer of how well the Sox pitchers are performing right now. But, again, the Sox beat the crap out of the Angels -- I can't stress that enough.

Edit: And as I stated in my previous post: I'm picking the Red Sox to WIN THE WORLD SERIES.

Last edited:
i blelieve the bowa/rolen deal was this

bowa wanted his guys to be fired up at all times, wanting them to show emotion all the time, if something bad happened, he wanted to have the players know that they felt bad and take it out on something, be vocal, etc... ive even heard that hes wanted players to throw crap out of the dugout or around the clubhouse in some scenarios, and as we all know thats not the type of player rolen is.

Back
Top Bottom