The Official Major League F'ing Baseball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im too lazy to check the standings, can anyone tell me who has the best record in baseball?

i'll give you one guess...
that's right. the yankess... god, i hate the yankees

why are yankees fans like laxatives?
-because they irritate the crap out of you.

i stand corrected... GO CARDINALS!
st. louis cardinals

(i don't pay much attention to NL... i'm an AL person...)

How can "The best team in baseball" (the Cleveland Indians) not only be in second place in their division, but also second in the Wild Card race? :confused:

i guess i was saying over the past 2 weeks or so they have been playing the best. actually since may 26th, i beleive they have the third best record in baseball behind the cards and the yanks.

i hope the tribe do make the playoffs, been playing pretty good ball lately.

if they had a bullpen theyd be running away with the central

Yes I think we should just hand them the WS trophy and not bother with any playoffs. While we're at it we'll give WS MVP to Rick Ankiel.

it really is ridiculous. people picked them to finish 3rd or 4th in the division and theyre 15 up on chicago and 20 up on houston, and clearly the best team in the land.

plus, ankiel has been fabulous in the minors... 0 walks in his 3 starts so far.

StlElevation said:

plus, ankiel has been fabulous in the minors... 0 walks in his 3 starts so far.
"in the minors"...0 pressure.
Wait till he sees the inside of Busch Stadium again or better yet Wrigley or Turner or any other hostile environment(imagine him trying to pitch in the World Series at Yankee Stadium...they'd invent a new pitch, the puke ball)...he'll be hitting the bull mascot.

Last edited:
ok, so who does everyone think is grabbing the al west and both wild cards?

my guess is anaheim wins the west, boston wins the wild card in the al, and the nl wild card will go to san diego, who i think is the most complete team out of SD/SF/Chicago...

well the mets may blow... but at least... for once... despite the losing and injuries... we actually have a reason to watch the games in september... mr. david wright.
dwright.jpg

Last edited:
Hewson said:
"in the minors"...0 pressure.
Wait till he sees the inside of Busch Stadium again or better yet Wrigley or Turner or any other hostile environment(imagine him trying to pitch in the World Series at Yankee Stadium...they'd invent a new pitch, the puke ball)...he'll be hitting the bull mascot.

well, ankiel just got his first action of the season in busch stadium

what does he do?

strikes out the side in the first inning he pitched with an electric fastball and a filthy curve

ended up with 2 innings pitched, no runs, no hits, 4 strikeouts

id say he's warming into world series mvp form very nicely thank you very much

Ah yes...so much pressure in a game against the team with MLB's worst record at an impressive 47-103(that is after they just beat you), when you've clinched your division and you're facing a lineup sprinkled with future hall of famers the likes of Terrero, Cintron, Tracy, Snyder, Devore and Gosling...oh yeah he proved he can handle pressure situations now.
I will personally deliver him the WS MVP trophy today, and of course that means the playoffs are cancelled, Cards just won the WS by losing to the 47-103 D'Backs.

MILWAUKEE -- Order was restored for the Cardinals on Wednesday night. Woody Williams took the mound and pitched well, and the Cardinals beat Ben Sheets and the Brewers, 3-2.
Playing without two Gold Glovers, St. Louis still didn't quite reach its usual high level of defense. The Cards have committed at least one error in four straight games. But aside from that, the Cardinals looked much like the team that buffaloed its way through the National League from late May through early September before hitting a recent funk.

The win was the 99th of the season for St. Louis, which can secure its first 100-win season since 1985 on Thursday afternoon. In addition, Atlanta lost to Cincinnati, ensuring the Cards home-field advantage through the first two rounds of the National League playoffs. The Braves can do no better than tie the Cards for the league's best record, and St. Louis' 4-2 advantage in head-to-head play gives it the tiebreaker.

Pedro Martinez on the Yankees after tonight's game:

"I just wish they would f***ing disappear"

"I have to tip my cap and call them daddy"

And on a related note, it appears that www.firefrancona.com has already been registered

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom