The Official Major League F'ing Baseball Thread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2004, 03:41 PM   #151
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:44 AM
I think that's why most Yankee fans are cranky and obnoxious all the time. Their team has 26 rings, yet many fans have no respect for them.

Old 05-13-2004, 05:22 PM   #152
Blue Crack Distributor

the hypocrisy of yankee haters... "i respect their history but i hate them today"

is it just me, or did the yankees buy all their players and win all the time back in the 1920s, too?

Old 05-13-2004, 08:02 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

i respect the yankees...for me to poop on!

ok, not quite... but i hate the yankees, and i think yankee stadium is a dump personally and a team thats so "awesome" should have a better venue, boo hoo, move memorial park into the new stadium. i prefer shea stadium (which im going to next week) 10 times over yankee stadium... and fenway far over both.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #154
ONE
love, blood, life

They bought Babe Ruth.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:24 PM   #155
Acrobat

When it comes to loving old teams, I have to go for da Bums. Damn Yankees always breaking their heart, just like they did mine in 96,98, and 99. Stupid Mike Henneman.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:04 PM   #156
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:44 AM
The injury count on the halos has gone from frustrating to ridiculous. Literally every day over the last week there's been something new. Glaus may become a DH once he returns from knee and shoulder injuries and it's been reported that he might possibly never play 3B again. Salmon was supposed to come back next week, but last night in a rehab assignment game his knee regressed.

Here's the lineup the halos fielded on opening day (a damn formidable one if I do say so myself):

SS Eckstein
1B Erstad
RF Vlad
CF Garrett Anderson
3B Glaus
LF Jose Guillen
DH Salmon
C Molina
2B Adam Kennedy

Here's the current Angel lineup:

SS Eckstein
CF Jeff Davanon/Chone Figgins
3B Chone Figgins/Shane Halter (hack, can't hit for shit)
RF Vlad
LF Jose Guillen
1B Casey Kotchman (rookie just called up)
C Molina
DH Jeff Quinlan (rookie)/Jose Guillen/Shane Halter
2B Adam Kennedy

My FBB team was going to be formidable, but considering I have most of what was supposed to be the Angels' starting lineup... well, uh, I suppose it's going to be a long season.

Old 05-17-2004, 01:11 PM   #157
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
They bought Babe Ruth.
they bought half their team in the 1920s... all from harry frazee and the boston red sox. they've been doing the same thing for 80 years.

as for StlElevation's yankee stadium vs. shea stadium ramblins...

as a person who's been to many different stadiums, but none more often than Shea Stadium... let me try this car analogy on for ya...

camden yards, PNC park, Pac Bell...

yankee stadium, fenway, wrigley...

shea stadium...
Old 05-17-2004, 02:54 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

i havent been to PNC, SBC (not pac bell anymore jerk!) or Camden, although I do believe Im gonna go to Citizens Bank Park this summer to check that out, but ive heard only great things about em.

ive been to shea alot too, going there on wednesday in fact. i really dont see whats so bad about it, and whats so great about yankee stadium. monument park, terrific, it can be put into a newer, nicer stadium. not that shea is the greatest, but i certainly dont think its bad.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:58 PM   #159
ONE
love, blood, life

nice one headache.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:25 AM   #160
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
i havent been to PNC, SBC (not pac bell anymore jerk!) or Camden, although I do believe Im gonna go to Citizens Bank Park this summer to check that out, but ive heard only great things about em.

ive been to shea alot too, going there on wednesday in fact. i really dont see whats so bad about it, and whats so great about yankee stadium. monument park, terrific, it can be put into a newer, nicer stadium. not that shea is the greatest, but i certainly dont think its bad.
that's the only thing i dislike about the corporate sponsorship of stadiums... the names keep friggin changing on me.

shea has a lot of memories for me, and i always have a good time when i go. it's like the pinto... it's crap compared to the Mercedes SLR, and doesn't have the historical value of the 1920's ford... but if it's yours, you love it, while at the same time wishing you had something a little more classy.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:21 AM   #161
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:44 AM
lol Headache.

And on a separate note, fuck the Angels.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:54 PM   #162
Blue Crack Distributor

The last person to get a run off of Randy Johnson was Kaz Matsui in the first inning of last week's game between the Mets and D-Backs...

... so I guess it's only fitting that as Kaz Matsui hits a broken bat single to tie the game against the Cardinals in the bottom of the 9th... the Big One finishes off a Perfect Game.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:57 AM   #163
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Alou's homer was a pretty site!
Old 05-20-2004, 01:39 PM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

buy me some peanuts and crunch n munch... i don't care if i... huh? that doesn't rhyme!

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- The ballpark snack paired with peanuts in the stadium anthem ``Take Me Out to the Ballgame'' will no longer be around for the seventh-inning stretch at Yankee Stadium.

Cracker Jack has been replaced by the competing caramel popcorn Crunch 'n Munch at the home of the Bronx Bombers.

``Cracker Jack is a brand name,'' Yankees chief operating officer Lonn Trost told The New York Times for its Wednesday editions. ``We're selling a caramel crunch that is the same thing as Cracker Jack.''

Trost compared the difference between Cracker Jack and Crunch 'n Munch to ``Frigidaire versus refrigerator, or aspirin and Bayer, or Jell-O and gelatin.''

The director of hospitality at the stadium, David Bernstein, told the Times that the move was prompted by Cracker Jack's decision to make only bags, not boxes, of its snack, and said Crunch 'n Munch won a taste test.

``Baseball historians would say Cracker Jack and the Yankees belong together,'' Charles Nicolas, a spokesman for Cracker Jack's parent company, Frito Lay, told the Times, ``and hopefully they'll be together again soon.''

The makers of Crunch 'n Munch, ConAgra Foods, seemed to have no such hopes.

``We'd have no heartburn if Yankee fans started standing up in the seventh inning and singing 'Buy me some peanuts and Crunch 'n Munch'' ConAgra spokesman Chris Kircher told the Times.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:26 PM   #165
Blue Crack Addict