The Official 'Lonley AFL Season 2006' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Although its still only Pre-Season Comp (I could say, Sponsership that changes every 2 years Cup) But we're back for another year!!

What a big weekend it was in footy ...how about those Pies ey! :wink:

I think its gonna be a good year, and going by last season, its anyones year...well almost anyones.

Interesting to see West Coast toasted last week, although the pre-seaso comp means nothing to how a side will fair in the real thing (see Carlton last season)...

Anyway here's to Footy being back (although I'm missing my Austar muchly already this year...no fox footy for me :()

Eagles - Saints
Bulldogs - Tigers
Cats - Lions
Bombers - Swans
Power - Kangaroos
Hawks - Dockers
Demons - Blues
Magpies - Crows

(tipped in Bold)

How dare you tip against the Mapgies Angela!.....you thread stealer you!

:wink:

Arena Football League? Or the Aussie kind with the oval field?

Lollerskates.

bono_man2002 said:
Eagles - Saints
Bulldogs - Tigers
Cats - Lions
Bombers - Swans
Power - Kangaroos
Hawks - Dockers
Demons - Blues
Magpies - Crows

(tipped in Bold)

How dare you tip against the Mapgies Angela!.....you thread stealer you!

Eagles - *Saints
Bulldogs - *Tigers
*Cats - Lions
Bombers - *Swans
*Power - Kangaroos
*Hawks - Dockers
*Demons - Blues
Magpies - *Crows

Sorry about the thread mate :D You tipped my swannies! I dont even care if they fail the 8 this year now. I've waited nearly half my life to see them win a premiership, so now I can relax...I say this now....Lets see, come August. :shifty:

Ah so Aussie Football League it is.
How are the 'Roos doing? Is Parkerson still quite the sticky wickett?

As both of you have not picked the Dockers :madspit:

(Unfortunately, young Luke McFarlene has sold his house :sob: so no more free No-Dose for him! :wink: )

So I take it the weagles won last night? Our bloody news is useless at anything AFL. It's all rugby stupid league :madspit:

Well done, bm!
I think I'm going to bomb badly on this round :D

So the AFL is more like a paper chase? I LOVE paper chases :heart: Never been in one, just read about them in the Railroad Children, however.

Paper chases :drool:

DignityPassesBy said:
no but you do run through crate paper and that is also pretty gay ... and he didn't sniff he felt lol

No, I'm talking about scrums...they have them in NRL don't they?

I just dont see the point.......

"Alright, lets drop the ball in the middle, and sniff each others buts till the ball rolls out"

Ah yes ok then i see what you mean now ... yea we do have scrums but your players are all over each other for most of the game anyway you just don't have designated orgys ... thats right your jelous lol. God when you talk about league like this it really does seem a little queer ... probably why i play soccer lol

DignityPassesBy said:
no but you do run through crate paper and that is also pretty gay ... and he didn't sniff he felt lol

*crepe paper. it's more game oriented than a bunch of scantily clad slappers with pompoms.

ooooooh essendon won their round one game!! it must be like winning the final! i love how sydney takes modestly good full forwards from vic teams and makes them superb :giggle:

:lol:

Alright Tipping this week Angela?

My Tips:

Be good to your mother

I kid I Kid

Richmond Vs St.Killda
Geelong Vs Kangaroos
Western Bulldogs Vs Melbourne
Brisbane Lions Vs Essendon
Fremantle Vs Carlton
Sydney Vs Port Adelaide
Hawthorn Vs Collingwood
Adelaide Vs West Toast

Total Season score : 3 :lol:

Go Pies!

DignityPassesBy said:
TIP THE BOMBERS THEY = AWESOME and you saw what happened to brisbane last week against the cats ... thats sinking to an all new low getting beat by them even the swans did that :wink:

I tipped Brisbane based upon nothing but home ground advantage.

i'm too scared to check how i actually went last week, bm! i think i got maybe 4. :huh: ah well :D

this week though:
Saints V Lions
Cats V Hawks
Blues V Swans
Eagles V Tigers
Demons V Crows
Bombers V Bulldogs
Power V Dockers
Kangaroos V Magpies

That's a lot of away teams. Hard this week. A few match ups are very close stats-wise. Who're you picking?

St.Killda Vs Brisbane
Geelong Vs Hawthorn
Carlton Vs Sydney
West Coast Vs Richmond
Melbourne Vs Adelaide
Essendon Vs Western Bulldogs
Port Adelaide Vs Fremantle
Kangaroos Vs Collingwood

I got 6 last week (9 for the year)...I was 2 points away from 7.

*joins in*

I got 3 the first round and 4 last week. Damn bombers losing in brissy :)heart: essendon)

This week

St.Kilda Vs Brisbane
Geelong Vs Hawthorn
Carlton Vs Sydney
West Coast Vs Richmond
Melbourne Vs Adelaide
Essendon Vs Western Bulldogs
Port Adelaide Vs Fremantle
Kangaroos Vs Collingwood

yeeesh! this week was hard! :/

bloody oath it was. i cant believe i just said 'bloody oath' on an otherwise american forum...anyway, lol.

good tips for last week, bm! and good luck amy! welcome to our annual thread, too :D

Back
Top Bottom