The Official 'Lonley AFL Season 2006' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:

And Shika, same with your saints. They get another chance though dont they?

The only chance the Saints have now is next year... :sob: It was tense weekend - such close games - I thought I was going to have a heart attack watching the Swans. Do you know what night the game will be on in Sydney? I think it'll be the Saturday night and I have tickets to Boy From Oz, which will be awesome, but I'll be disappointed to miss the next game... :banghead:

Yeah, I think it's a saturday, too. Boy from Oz would be awesome. Hugh :drool: wow, what I'd miss to see him live.
:shifty:

Where was I? Oh, Shell, I have some bad news. I'm a shitty friend. I cant make the second U2 show with you guys. Mat bought tickets to see Dave Hughes. He bought them out of commiseration at not being able to see Merrick and Rosso as they're doing Enmore shows while we're overseas, so he got Dave tickets instead. And the show is on the 11th Nov.
:sigh:

I spoke to Cherin today, and she reckons it wont be a problem offloading them. I'll have to ring you or something soon. She's keen on a picnic, too.
You want to join us all on a picnic, Rochelle? Cherin reckons Mt Annan (?) is a good spot. It's right near her.

I'm rambling.
:lol:

I'm coming 364th out of 4881 in my tipping comp!!!!!
:hyper:
Flipping grand! :applaud:
Just done my tips. I've backed Freo and the Weagles. I keep thinking the Demons, too. Reading what you have both said and also the hubby reckons the Demons as well, and I'm seriously tempted to change my tip. And with that said, I'd love to see the dogs beat Melbourne.

Now that I've talked myself in and out of all these decisions, I went statistical on this and am leaving it with the Dockers. The Ds have lost 4 of their last 8, drawn one, and only won 3. Their overall win is 14, the Dockers are at 15. The Dockers lost their last game but won the 7 before that. The Dockers are 3rd for a good reason. Plus home advantage infront of an audience that is going to be wild that their 2 state teams are in it this far.

So Dockers it is.
:up:

Someone pls point me in the right direction so that I can join one of these tipping sites next season, rather than just speculating (wildly!) on this forum! :scratch: Thank you, kindly.

PS. Anna, read your PM to me, and I in awe... (and am quite terrified of you now!) :reject: Tee hee...

An all WA final would be a turn up for the books, huh?! It really is an Australian game now. Do you reckon Victoria is pleased with that? I dont know if it would annoy me or not. I spose it really makes little difference. You follow your team and where the rest come from is of little importance.

here's hoping on Syd, too! They need all the support they can get!
:scream:

Ron Barassi had a bit of a bitch about it in today hearld sun, says the AFL needs to investigate into this or something like that....

Sounds funny coming from a former coach of Sydney!

Thats why its now the AFL , and no longer the VFL....so in reality, the idea has worked and its became a complete national game.

i think i remember you saying that about your mum. :hmm: it must have been you.

my picks are sydney and i think i tipped west coast. last year i didnt want us to face either of them if we'd beat freo. both of them scare me.

and freo scare me right now.
i dont want to watch tonight. too nervewracking.
:sad:

GO THE CROWS!!! I'll be at the game tomorrow afternoon - can't wait, we've never had a prelim final at home here in adelaide and it is going to be HUGE!!!!:applaud: :applaud: I'mterrified though - as much as i hate to admit it, we are definately the underdogs, just hope the 52000 screaming fans can pull us over the line!!!

i'm now coming 125th out of 4887. is my bragging a pain yet, or what? :lol:

:love:

next year i will balls it up really bad, i bet.

Last edited:
Adelaide got dogged. Hardcore. They reckon 100,000 at the 'G. Please. Maybe if there was a Victorian team.

Anyway...

Mark Thompson is staying on....as a devoted Cats fan I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean he was in a very similar position to Grant Thomas (given GT had the more successful side) and he was sacked. There had better be big changes. I want to know what went wrong, and I want to see us win the granny next year!!!

And Tom Harley as captain...hmm...he had a less than convincing year...and he has battled injury as much as Steven King did...

My, my there's some problems down there at Geelong.

There will be 100,000 people at the G, well maybe not exactly, there's 100,000 seats and a fairly big ammount of standing room

Just cause its two interstate teams, and I dont know how GF Ticketing actually works, but the members of all 14 clubs are allocated a small ammount of tickets each or something right? - you have to be a certain level member?, i dont know but it makes sense to me, plus there is the M.C.C (MCG?) members, so there'll be a darn good crowd in.

There's no doubting there'll be a good crowd but it won't be anywhere near 100,000. I think about 80,000 at best. No one in Victoria cares who wins, really! :lol:

Scott West was ripped off!! Again!! Even if Goodes hasn't polled three votes in the last round he still would have won!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom