The Official 'Lonley AFL Season 2006' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So long as the Granny stays at the MCG. The moment that it is moved from the 'G for an a reason other than it was burnt down, or it becomes a night grand final, I will lose hope.

shika said:
I actually was interviewed last night by a market research company (on behalf of the AFL) asking whether I thought the interstate teams "deserved" to host their own final. Hell, yeh!!!! BRING IT ON!!! Swans v Saints here in Sydney - dream come true, eh Anna???? :giggle:

:madspit:

Your crummy saints could have a final against anyone. It doesn't bother me.

StK v Vic Police ... :shifty:
StK v Vic Dept Corrective Services
StK v Aus. Supreme Court Judges
StK v Hells Angels Aust.

:angel:

Angela Harlem said:

:madspit:

Your crummy saints could have a final against anyone. It doesn't bother me.

StK v Vic Police ... :shifty:
StK v Vic Dept Corrective Services
StK v Aus. Supreme Court Judges
StK v Hells Angels Aust.

:angel:

:lmao: Tee hee

Angela Harlem said:
nah, in all seriousness, can you imagine a saints sydney final at the SCG? us plastered, shit stirring each other.

:love:

That could quite possibly be the best day of my life. Assuming the Saints won, of course. Though, I am torn every time I watch them play together.

Want to come to a pub to watch the game on Sat night? Not sure where I"m going yet - usually Newtown or North Sydney.

you want me to drive over that damn bridge again??? haha did i tell you how the 2 times ive gone over the harbour this year, ive somehow ended up traveling right back over again? :lol:
i might have to say no to this sat. i am free, but i am getting up at the arse crack of dawn to get a whole day of researching and essay writing in for uni. i expect i will be buggered and will want a few bevvies by the time i'm done.

/pre-emptive laziness

i'll ring you during the game and we can yell a lot and be drunken yobs together.
:sexywink:

Alright laides...tippings this week please!!

Mine:

St.Killda Vs Melbourne
Adelaide Vs Fremantle
W.Coast Vs Sydney
COLLINGWOOD Vs Bulldogs

Is the Eagles V Swans game cancelled if either teams total score is over 60? :giggle:...

I know I'll get at least one tip right this week....at least.....I hope!

God, how hard is it!
I want to pick all the away teams, but I reckon the Crows will (unfortunately) beat the Dockers. So I picked them. I did have the Saints but had to change to the D's, sorry Michelle :( , and then of course my Swans on principle alone, and I went your Pies, b_m! I do like the Bulldogs, weirdly, as I used to despise them with a passion years ago.

So I've gone the Demons, Crows, Sydney, and Collingwood.
I really like what you've tipped. I agree with it more than mine. :lol: I have issues picking teams every week. I argue with myself continually :D

Good luck though!

:hyper:

:madspit: and I'm not talking to EITHER of you for the blatant descrimination of my Saint'rs!! We shall see... I am actually quite nervous about the game tonight - thank god we have Foxtel so we can watch it live. I have the flu, so I hope I don't end up feeling even shittier. :(

I tip the Bulldogs over the Pies, just to be contraversial!
and the Swans of course.

Good luck!

edit: and Freo and Adelaide? I couldn't really give a shit!!

Angela Harlem said:
I really like what you've tipped. I agree with it more than mine. :lol:

Since Channel 10 have broadcast Eagles games, Steven Quatermain has falling in love with Chris Judd...and well it makes me sick (He's worse than Eddie with Collingwood :wink:)

So now because Steve has fallen in love with Chris, I've disliked west coast (actually its been that way for a while :lol:).....

So Go Swans!

Freo are the suprise packet though, half way through the year they would have been lucky to make top 8, let alone top 4.

fox may have got rights to show the melbourne games live up here, as we dont usually see them at all or they're replayed. but then it is finals.

Angela Harlem said:
fox may have got rights to show the melbourne games live up here, as we dont usually see them at all or they're replayed. but then it is finals.

Makes sense then.

I love how they say this new TV rights deal is going to make things better on the interstate viewers, but I wouldnt be holding my breath...

bono_man2002 said:

Since Channel 10 have broadcast Eagles games, Steven Quatermain has falling in love with Chris Judd...and well it makes me sick (He's worse than Eddie with Collingwood :wink:)

So now because Steve has fallen in love with Chris, I've disliked west coast (actually its been that way for a while :lol:).....

So Go Swans!

Freo are the suprise packet though, half way through the year they would have been lucky to make top 8, let alone top 4.

:lol: that's a great reason for disliking a team :D i used to hate the dogs because they punched everyone. i hated the tigers because of the colours they wear. i previously disliked the saints because i have 2 cousins in dingley who are massive fans and one of them is still in love with samantha fox, so i hated them on principle. now i just dislike them to see michelle get cranky :lol:

fickle, fickle :evil:

Angela Harlem said:

:lol: that's a great reason for disliking a team :D i used to hate the dogs because they punched everyone. i hated the tigers because of the colours they wear. i previously disliked the saints because i have 2 cousins in dingley who are massive fans and one of them is still in love with samantha fox, so i hated them on principle. now i just dislike them to see michelle get cranky :lol:

fickle, fickle :evil:

:lol:

Well, I can only come up with two teams that I really dislike at the moment, which would be as I said, West Coast, and Brisbane (for more than two reasons!)....Its soooo good seeing them struggle :evil:

Suppose I dont really like Port either....

Angela Harlem said:

i hated the tigers because of the colours they wear.
fickle, fickle

fickle indeed. I expect better from you, Ms Harlem! :shame:

[Although, the Tige's are Andrew's team, so enjoy the odd joke at their/his expense. He thinks they're waiting in the wings for their BIG ONE. We might be old ladies by the time that happens, I reckon. :giggle:]

bono_man2002 said:

:shocked:

Foxtel are showing it live?, I thought it was only Channel 10 who had rights to the footy finals....

:scratch: Now you have me worried... the b/f assured me the Saints game was on live tonight, but checking the on-line schedule, it has no mention of it... waaaaaaa :banghead:

shika said:
Completely unrelated: did you hear that Peter Brock has been killed in a car crash?? :shocked:

:( Yeah I saw it on yahoo's website, and posted in a thread, its terrible, first steve and new pete...whats going on? :(

That was pretty awsome finish....

I tipped sydney, and i wanted them to win, however, if Collingwood do manage to get up today.....I'd rather be playing Sydney next weekend...

Though, that travel effect business is a load of rubbish.

Collingwood's season didnt deserve to finish this way, they could have played a hell of a lot better.....Tarrant kicked almost all our behinds did he not? :lol:

That said, the bulldogs played awsome, and deserve to go on, they might give the other sides a real shake up.

Sorry they didn't win, matie. :(
And Shika, same with your saints. They get another chance though dont they?

Then reffing in the Sydney game was so off, I'm glad we have a weekend off next week.

Back
Top Bottom