The Official 'Lonley AFL Season 2006' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
loving you...hating them...it's 6 of one, half a dozen of another, tan!
:lol:

saints v bulldogs....who do i pick? i opt for the police in the paddy wagons out the front of the stadium.
:drool:
:dayrelease:

*cough*

ok:

Demons Cats
Saints Bulldogs
Dockers Eagles
Bombers Tigers
Crows Power
Lions Swans
Kangaroos Hawks
Blues Magpies

the blues and pies is a tough one. logic says the pies will smash them, but then they have to lose eventually and carlton have to start wining one sooner or later...
:slant:

meh.

good luck all!

I was hoping that dang Freo game would stay a draw, then i'd have got 7 out of 8 last week bleh!!

Thats the thing about Carlton of the last couple of years...they win the ones you might not expect....thats not stopping my tipping against the Pies!!

But I think the tough one to pick this week is the game over in the west!

Last Week: 6
Total : 24

Melbourne Vs Geelong
St.Killda Vs Western Bulldogs
Fremantle Vs West Coast - Only JUST
Essendon Vs Richmond - Another Tough one
Adelaide Vs Port Adelaide - Dunno either
Brisbane Vs Sydney - Play at the GABBA would be the only reason that Brisbane COULD sneak up
Carlton Vs Collingwood
Kangaroos Vs Hawthron

Good Luck all.

I dont know what to expect this week, It Looks like it will be a great game...I think Collingwood are good enough to win, but west coast are a great side, and will be aiming to win after loosing whatever the hell they call it over there (the game with Freo)

I'm still waiting for one of the other Clokes play, at the very least, I think Jason should be playing!

Hawthorn are at Home to Brisbane at Carrara....:hmm:....Now I think I failed Geography in Year 9, but does that seem right to you :wink:

!

bono_man2002 said:

west coast are a great side, and will be aiming to win after loosing whatever the hell they call it over there (the game with Freo)

Gets out wet fish to slap bono_man2002 around the head a few times...

The Derby. The Western Derby. Thank you very much

:mad:

:wink:

Re: !

Tania said:

Gets out wet fish to slap bono_man2002 around the head a few times...

The Derby. The Western Derby. Thank you very much

:mad:

My Tips: Be good to your mother.
And......

St.Killda Vs Geelong
Melbourne Vs Fremantle
Richmond Vs Sydney - Just
Hawthorn Vs Brisbane - Though...I'm not sure
West Coast Vs Collingwood - Even without Nathan!! :)
Port Adelaide Vs Western Bulldogs - Who Knows
Carlton Vs Essendon
Kangaroos Vs Adelaide

interestingly to notice the results of this round

other than the west coast collingwood game

all the other games were uncompetitive one sided blow outs

no thanks to richmond getting thumped by sydney

adelaide totally annihiliating the kangaroos

melbourne totally skittling fremantle

the bulldogs in a blowout over port adelaide

which was weird because a lot of games at the start of the round looked like a 'toss of the coin' 50 50 games

DignityPassesBy said:
Rugby League is superior to AFL in all possible ways

Pathetic, uneducated and unenlightened soul. Probably from one of those backwards, scummy states up North....

Good to see the blood-stained angels blowing the tigers off the park...The Telstra Dome might be death valley, but it poses no fear to the swannies.

Sad thing is, we've playing better in the past couple of weeks than we ever did in our premiership year...

that sydney win was precisely what the doctor ordered. the table looks much stronger for them now. and i still maintain a hawks - sydney grand final. i'm getting a bit of a soft spot for the hawks. good quality there.
:up:

The Hawks! :huh:

I'm hoping that Collingwood and at least 1 Victorian side make the grand final :wink:

But I'll say Adelaide V West Coast/Sydney/Western Bulldogs/Collingwood!

it was actually an easier round of football to tip than most imagined

only adelaide losing to richmond was the only game that would've stuffed up most people's tips

there are five extremely awful teams that have shown us their hand for the season

it appears that:

essendon

carlton

the kangaroos

port adelaide

richmond

are five teams vying for the afl's most dreaded prize

usually teams like essendon that dont play that bad at the beginning of the season but are consistently 'unlucky' end up folding like a deck of cards and win the wooden spoon

port adelaide have been goddamn awful in the last 2 weeks, theyve lost all but one game at home this year

the kangaroos seem to be walking into each game like lambs for the slaughter

carlton gave a fantastic performance against st kilda today, one worthy of winning the WOODEN SPOON

richmond is always a constant team that throws its name in the hat for the most dreaded trophy

also geelong's a team that has lost its bearings, they usually come good late in the season, but it doesnt look good at the moment

next week's tips look clear cut, there's only 1 genuine 50-50 game, which is usually a recipe for disaster

Wooooooooooooooooo! Congrats, bm! I got 8 as well!
:applaud:
I'm at 50, 10 clear of the top few spots at 60. I'm 812th out of 4631 so I'm not too disappointed.
:up:

Well done, us!

6 This week. Moving me to 12,000 and something in the AFL.com.au rankings.

I knew Collingwood were going to loose today...even after that first goal. Melbourne are a good side!

a reasonable round of tipping

hawthorn beating richmond was a surprise, it has suddenly resuscitated their dead season

geelong unexpectedly with a thrashing of fremantle- fremantle were clearly effected by the cold weather, they tend to thrive in 35 degree days, they will blame the weather for most of their subpar performances

bono_man2002 said:
6 This week. Moving me to 12,000 and something in the AFL.com.au rankings.

I knew Collingwood were going to loose today...even after that first goal. Melbourne are a good side!

we're getting the same each round. it's cool. on oztips, im now ranked 600 and something out of 4700 or something.
:glee:

This week was just terrible...At the 'half way' mark of the split round i'm on 2...its not looking good.

Angela, its "Us vs You's" :lol: this weekend...should be a good one!

Back
Top Bottom