The Official 'Lonley AFL Season 2006' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a HU-MUNG-OUS Swannies flag flying from the Harbour Bridge - a magnificent sight :yes: :bow:

I heard that they couldn't GIVE away the tickets to the NRL final, due to lack of NSW team in the mix. Irony really, Sydney would love the AFL final and Melb could go for the NRL...:banghead: Maybe one day...

I'm watching the game at Percy's (North Sydney Hotel) on Saturday, if anyone wants to join. Get there by 11ish to get a table, they do a great bistro lunch :drool:

Did anyone hear the Scared Weird Little Guys on MMM this morning? I have to give them credit for this, but it made me nearly pee myself:

200px-496px-SydneySwansLogo.png

And then there's:
western-australia-state-flag.gif

:lmao:

I would love to know about Barry's lucky undies. :shifty:

My daughter is obssessed with Barry Hall. She loves the Barry Hall hall ad and now wants to marry him.
:cute:

Many people will be singing this 2morow:

Cheer, cheer the red and the white,
Honour the name by day and by night,
Lift that noble banner high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky
Whether the odds be great or small,
Swans will go in and win overall
While her loyal sons are marching
Onwards to victory.

:sad:

I did not see a second on of the match, I'd not found out till I got back from Melbourne, but damn, it must have been a great game....even though the swanies lost :(

I might disagree on whether it was a great game, the score didn't reflect our horrible performance. It cuts me to say it, but the weagles deserved it, and deserved it by a higher margin, really.

COBL_04 said:
There's no doubting there'll be a good crowd but it won't be anywhere near 100,000. I think about 80,000 at best. No one in Victoria cares who wins, really! :lol:

97,431....we should have made a bet :wink:

Angela Harlem said:
I might disagree on whether it was a great game, the score didn't reflect our horrible performance. It cuts me to say it, but the weagles deserved it, and deserved it by a higher margin, really.

I have to agree. I was EMBARRASED throughout much of the game and thought that if the Swans had eventually won, I would have died of shame. :reject: Barry Hall has much to answer for. :rant: The WEagles simply outplayed the Swans, no doubt about it. Here's hoping for a re-match next season (although I'd love to see my Saints up there instead) to contest the REAL winner. One win apiece doesn't satisfy me. :no:

:huh: We are up to who is getting arthroscopes and who isn't over here.

Hello? The game finished last weekend, people. :mad:

It's in good fun. I am dragging out my disappointment

bono_man2002 said:
:lol: Whats with the Crossed Out Paul Roos Angela?

I'm not very happy with Mr Roos. I did plan on taking it down as soon as my anger subsided. I am still waiting, however.

:grumpy:

Tania said:
:huh: We are up to who is getting arthroscopes and who isn't over here.

Hello? The game finished last weekend, people. :mad:

The papers are desperate for footy stories even when the season is over....I think we should be more at the Ashe's, or even the A-League!

I know, I know.

Totally agree, it's Ashes time and hey, what about other sports, couldn't we have something about them for a change (and no, not horseracing guys:mad: )

Hockeyroos getting beaten by the Netherlands was about 15 gazillion pages in from the back :madspit:

Hey there :wave:

How are you?

I haven't been to IF much lately, too much work, too little time. How is everything with you?

This time next month I will be one of the many screaming Sydney U2 fans :hyper:

:hug: Will try and catch up soon. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom