The Official Lonley 2005 AFL Season Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tania said:

:lmao: Anna, your sig :lmao:

Okay, I didn't watch much of this weekend's footy so this could be totally wrong and as I am very biased against any team from SA (if that makes sense, if not it means I don't like the Crows or Port Adelaide) I think it will be either Sydney and St Kilda or Sydney and Wet Toast for the finals.

Now that I've said that it should be an all SA final :shrug: :lol:

Fuck no!!! :mad: It'll make living here unbearable! Especially if the team Lleyton supports win! :scream: :angry: :grumpy: :sick: :yuck:

Angela Harlem said:
:lol:
You love to hate the top dog though, you can get away with it :up:

I'm actually supporting the Swans. Being a Sydney-sider (to an extent) - I mean I won't be slitting my wrists if they lose this weekend, but it would be nice to see them win. I've met Michael O'Laghlain... good kid, good sense of humour.

I recall the firsrt year I was in Australia they lost painfully to North Melbourne in the final... thus went any chance of me closely following the support. I remember having our hopes up some point in 1999-2000 at some point too.

Would be nice to see them win, I'm all for shattering Melbourne's elitism. :)

Arcadion said:

The winner of Crows/Power will have to play us. I hope they destroy each other while we are having a nice rest :wink:
Sydney can't meet St. Kilda in the GF, only the prelim.

:lmao: God, do I get it wrong sometimes :lol:

Be thankful I am not suggesting tips for the weekend

*Goes off to ponder even more ridiculous combinations (and I don't even have the excuse of being blonde :lol:)

blueeyedgirl said:

Fuck no!!! :mad: It'll make living here unbearable! Especially if the team Lleyton supports win! :scream: :angry: :grumpy: :sick: :yuck:

That's why I can't stand the Weagles. Before the Dockers came along the news in WA consisted of:

What did the Eagles do today? What are they doing tomorrow? What are they planning for the weekend :blahblah: So yeah, I feel your pain. Apparently though it can't happen, so never listen to anything I say :lmao:

:wink:

timothius said:

I'm actually supporting the Swans. Being a Sydney-sider (to an extent) - I mean I won't be slitting my wrists if they lose this weekend, but it would be nice to see them win. I've met Michael O'Laghlain... good kid, good sense of humour.

I recall the firsrt year I was in Australia they lost painfully to North Melbourne in the final... thus went any chance of me closely following the support. I remember having our hopes up some point in 1999-2000 at some point too.

Would be nice to see them win, I'm all for shattering Melbourne's elitism. :)

Supporting the Swans because of an utter disinterest in Melbourne is fine by me! Did you guys live in these parts when the NRL and Superleague were going through their classy little war? Now they were bad times. People changing team support, I can semi understand, but not entire codes! I happen to believe people who follow rugby league are mentally deficient in ways not yet known to modern medicine, so again my bias speaks louder than reason. But I'd rather suffer hearing speculation on how many Weetbix the Weagles might do, than hear another story on how tyhe fucking (Canterbury) Bulldogs are misunderstood and pressure makes them gang raping salary cap swinging racists! How can anyone follow this shitarsed excuse for a fucking sport is beyond me!

Anyway...I am too scared to check my online tips. I think I bombed on all 4 matches this past weekend. Somehow it will be Tania's fault.
:laugh:

I like Melbourne, but the elitism is just frustrating. I think they have been on a bit of a de-tox course in the past 10 years and probably accept that Brisbane, Adeladie & Perth teams are peers to them... the final nail in the coffin would be Sydney. I actually do quite like Sydney...

Super League was awesome... those were the days - I was in NZ for most of the pre-shit, but was here for the 1997 SuperLeague season... it was awesome. I loved SuperLeague. I detest Canterbury with a passion, 3 years ago at Warriors vs Bulldogs final my phone was stolen from my pocket by a Bulldogs supporter who proceeded to txt members of my family in my phone book with racist remarks pertaining to my New Zealand heritage... cocks. We won by 30.

Cricket is the great equaliser in Australia. :drool:

Angela Harlem said:

Supporting the Swans because of an utter disinterest in Melbourne is fine by me! Did you guys live in these parts when the NRL and Superleague were going through their classy little war? Now they were bad times. People changing team support, I can semi understand, but not entire codes! I happen to believe people who follow rugby league are mentally deficient in ways not yet known to modern medicine, so again my bias speaks louder than reason. But I'd rather suffer hearing speculation on how many Weetbix the Weagles might do, than hear another story on how tyhe fucking (Canterbury) Bulldogs are misunderstood and pressure makes them gang raping salary cap swinging racists! How can anyone follow this shitarsed excuse for a fucking sport is beyond me!

Anyway...I am too scared to check my online tips. I think I bombed on all 4 matches this past weekend. Somehow it will be Tania's fault.
:laugh:

:D

Adeliade and PA are gonna smash each other so yea the eagles will have a fun time playing the winner... it would be nuts if it was a Sydney PA grand final coz my little bro goes for PA and has been giving me greif all season!!

I'd much rather we face Port than the Crows! I dont know why, but I have this mental block against the Crows and think we can never beat them if it matters. Weird, I know :D

Which reminds me, I need to get my tips in.
:grumpy:

I purposely didn't support THAT team and DIDN'T watch the game just for youse, Anna.

Hope ya love me, maaate!:wink:

Tania said:
I purposely didn't support THAT team and DIDN'T watch the game just for youse, Anna.

Hope ya love me, maaate!:wink:

:lol: I thought of you, funnily enough! I actually fell asleep about 9.30pm and was pissed off anyway, determined they couldn't win such a painful game. But I woke to the great news and thought 'Tania must have gone out...:hmm: '

Did the Crows win too, B_M? I'd hoped they would. It didn't look like Port could win after the 3rd. :slant:

I dont know who's gonna make the final.

Its gonna be
Eagles Vs Sydney
Adeliade Vs St.Killda
Adeliade Vs Sydney
Eagles Vs St.Killda.

:lol: one of those 4.

I would like to see Adelaide in the final against Sydney and Adelaide GET THUMPED BIG TIME!!!!!

But then again to see the Weagles go down :hyper:

But, just for you Anna, I am NOT supporting THAT team again this weekend :D

:lol: good! Paul Roos has looked remarkably unimpressed lately, and I reckon it's all because of you!

:D

Kidding :D As long as frigging adelaide or west coast dont win, i'll survive the stress on me old heart.

agreed on the :drool: mum always says, whenever she sees him, "ahh, he has those chocolate box good looks..."

yes, mum. he does. he does, indeed....

:drool:

what were we talking about?

Angela Harlem said:
I'm going to ring beli in a minute and send her round your place to smash your telly

Noooooooooo!!!!!

(Now that she is fit and all she will probably do it and not even raise a sweat :lol:)

Did they win?

I didn't watch....

Well, tania. You must have not been watching too well! We're now up against West Coast in the finals :lol:
Fucking St Kilda are a bunch of pussywhipped blowhards. :angry: I have two complaints. One being the fuckwit who was on Goodes, who proceeded to shove him around in an apparent attempt to start a blue when all Goodes had done was stick out his hand to shake and wish well before the siren went. That was utterly shameful sportsmanship. Well done, pussy. All of Australia is looking on you like the wally you are.
:grumpy:
And second, the prima donna (Matt Maguire?) who dove after hall er...punched him in the guts. Ok, so Hall should have backed off. But what a woman, dropping like a sack of shit. Pussy!
:angry: If Hall misses next week because of this, I'll be pissed. At the both of them, but pissed nonetheless.

Kudos to Roos for his little kick in getting Hall to complain about the free kick ratio. I noticed it changed in the 4th.

Angela Harlem said:
One being the fuckwit who was on Goodes, who proceeded to shove him around in an apparent attempt to start a blue when all Goodes had done was stick out his hand to shake and wish well before the siren went.
Goodes has been my favourite non-WC player for reasons like that. I remember him handshaking one of our guys earlier in the year. We accepted :wink:
As for Hall I hope he plays, both teams deserve to be at their best! Good luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom