The Official Lonley 2005 AFL Season Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed.

We lost finally. I even tipped against us though, knew it was coming.

How many tips are you guys on (for those doing tipping of course)?

I think I'm on 23. Which is not too bad this season. Going ok this round, tipped the Crows, Eagles and Lions.

I've picked the cats, tigers and saints which are yet to be played. So far this round I've only got the Demons wrong, so this round is going ok for my tipping. I've got 25 so far, Sydney have let me down twice already but I sadly tipped against them this week - which still paid off. Bastards!

Collingwoods new slogan for 2005 is not "wipe of 5.......but wipe off '05" :lmao:

We did play good for 3 quarters against the Saints, much like last seasons match...oh well.....we've got FREO-HEAAAAAAVVVVhoooooo Next week of at the WACA, where we'll probabley cop one inded.

Nah, BM2002, Freo will probably have so much caffeine they won't be able to catch the ball....

Tania are you a dockers or weagles fan? I can never remember, sorry :D :reject:
I tipped 7 in my last round, topped the ladder :up:
I'm doing better than my piss-poor swans!

Angela Harlem said:
Tania are you a dockers or weagles fan? I can never remember, sorry :D :reject:
I tipped 7 in my last round, topped the ladder :up:
I'm doing better than my piss-poor swans!

DOCKETS!!!!! LOL

Then the Swanies (long story re this one for a time when we get to gether and get pissed) and then Essenden (it's all Hird's fault)...

Have to go for the Dockers when I live in Freeeeooooo... (and a lot of them live around here).

WCEagles = Wet Toast :lol:

:lol: How bizarre. Back in the early days, I'm talking 15+ years ago when I first started watching AFL, the Eagles were my pick. I gave up on them because watching games back then was too hard. Any televised ones were delayed unless they played Sydney, and many weeks, the games were missed altogether. But I loved the sport by then, and watched Sydney, then fell in love with Sydney...but I do like the Eagles, unless they are playing us. I jumped ship a long long time ago though, so my supporter staus is not any bandwagoning :D God knows, I've watched in pain, as they've lost some great places and near-finals...
The Dockers used to be (it seemed) the perpetual wooden spooners. Lately, they've been improving so much. I like any team outside Vic. Hird...God Tania! :lol: I keep thinking of Whaddareya by TISM :up:

Angela Harlem said:
:lol: How bizarre. Back in the early days, I'm talking 15+ years ago when I first started watching AFL, the Eagles were my pick. I gave up on them because watching games back then was too hard. Any televised ones were delayed unless they played Sydney, and many weeks, the games were missed altogether. But I loved the sport by then, and watched Sydney, then fell in love with Sydney...but I do like the Eagles, unless they are playing us. I jumped ship a long long time ago though, so my supporter staus is not any bandwagoning :D God knows, I've watched in pain, as they've lost some great places and near-finals...
The Dockers used to be (it seemed) the perpetual wooden spooners. Lately, they've been improving so much. I like any team outside Vic. Hird...God Tania! :lol: I keep thinking of Whaddareya by TISM :up:

:reject: Ok, maybe a bit too much information re Essenden:lol:

When I first moved to WA, Wet Toast had just won their first GF so you can imagine the hype. I am sure the nightly news had items re their sock changing regime, cause everything else about them made the headlines. So, when the Docklets came along (and had the guts to wear PURPLE), I thought "This is a team I could support! " (Albeit, not seriously)

And yes, I'll support any team from outside of Victoria...

*Suddenly has a blonde moment and twirls hair around finger*

Except for one.....

:wink: :lol:

So the Dons are your secondary team? As well as Sydney? :lol: The weekend's match was great still. Not as good as our win 4 weeks ago against the Lions! My God! That was SUCH a brilliant game. I'm going to remember that last quarter for a long time lol. I'm so hopelessly biased though, that I'll barrack any non Vic team in any Vic/other match. Actually, (here's my hair twirling blonde moment), I rate the Vic sides on how much I hate them.
Dogs are the WORST. I truly despise them, bloody criminals all of them!
Hawthorn, Melbourne, Pies (sorry bm02), St Kilda all get on my tits.
For some reason I dont quite hate Carlton as much, but I could! And do when they play us of course lol.
Ahh, you get the picture :D I love this game.

Nah, Dockers, then Sydney and then Essendon but I am really not into it that much:shh: :reject: I like Brissie too, because they tend not to lie down (well, last few seasons..)

The two South Australian teams...:madspit: :lol: Just blech and the rest :shrug:

*Bet you didn't expect two girlies to take over your AFL thread, eh BM2000? :D *

Dockers Thrashed Collingwood :applaud:
Maybe Eddie the idiot might shut up now!!
Eagles without a loss
:applaud:
I'm a happy West Aussie

Tania said:
*Bet you didn't expect two girlies to take over your AFL thread, eh BM2000? :D *

:wink:

Aussie said:

Not Likely....But, why is he an Idiot?, despite the fact he does love his club, and yes hes biased when calling the Collingwood games....what else is wrong with the man?, he does a lot for other clubs too.....

oh well, its all just a game :D

:laugh: Don't you just love that we can't even get worked up enough to argue over Eddie ....

Great post BM02:up:

Ah, people just love to rag on Eddie cos he seems to be everywhere, bm02 :) He does a worse job on Millionaire than with Collingwood.

Aussie said:
Dockers Thrashed Collingwood :applaud:
Eagles without a loss
:applaud:
I'm a happy West Aussie

What part of West Aussie are you in?

I'm in Perth Tania, I'm not really interested in football, but like to show support for the West Aussie teams.

3 Quaters of great footy.....then Bam.........we ran our off caffinee in the last ....:(

Its a wonder no team in the AFL has sponsorship with Nesacafe :)

hahaha there was something in the news recently about 3/4 of the swans doping up on No Doze before a game :D Roos is fully supportive of this :shifty:
pity about your loss mate. maybe next week you'll knock the eagles off their perch!

The AMA in WA came out and told the Docker's coach off for saying that caffeine tablets were okay and had no long term effects..... Red Bull anyone?:wink:

Bloody dockers.

(Quiet dummy spit.)

Tania said:
The AMA in WA came out and told the Docker's coach off for saying that caffeine tablets were okay and had no long term effects..... Red Bull anyone?:wink:

Bloody dockers.

(Quiet dummy spit.)

You're the scientist, but is this really that bad? 2 hours of footy! I'd be hooking up an IV if I had to play that hard for 4 quarters!
:lol:

Who's Chris Connely? lol. I know his name..

:lol: I stood next to him at a Hockey match and kept saying "there's that bloke, you know, the Docker's bloke". I hadn't had my caffeine fix, shoulda asked him for a liddle picker upper :laugh:

I don't think it's the worst thing and its not just in the AFL, it happens in the lower grades, and it happens in a lot of sports. I don't think it gives much of a competitive edge anyway.

Apparently, they run about 20k's-30ks a game (or some stupid amount of running). I'd be lucky to do that in a week.:wink:

Hmmm..

I'm a Swans fan, but don't support them enough. I just take a passing interes in the game in general, and whilst I'd love to see the Swans come out on top overall, enjoy seeing the Western sides doing well. Shove it up the interstate teams nice and hard!

Back
Top Bottom