The Official Lonley 2005 AFL Season Thread - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2005, 01:07 AM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tania

Anna, your sig

Okay, I didn't watch much of this weekend's footy so this could be totally wrong and as I am very biased against any team from SA (if that makes sense, if not it means I don't like the Crows or Port Adelaide) I think it will be either Sydney and St Kilda or Sydney and Wet Toast for the finals.

Now that I've said that it should be an all SA final
Fuck no!!! It'll make living here unbearable! Especially if the team Lleyton supports win!

Old 09-05-2005, 02:39 AM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

You love to hate the top dog though, you can get away with it

I'm actually supporting the Swans. Being a Sydney-sider (to an extent) - I mean I won't be slitting my wrists if they lose this weekend, but it would be nice to see them win. I've met Michael O'Laghlain... good kid, good sense of humour.

I recall the firsrt year I was in Australia they lost painfully to North Melbourne in the final... thus went any chance of me closely following the support. I remember having our hopes up some point in 1999-2000 at some point too.

Would be nice to see them win, I'm all for shattering Melbourne's elitism.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:55 AM   #183
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcadion

The winner of Crows/Power will have to play us. I hope they destroy each other while we are having a nice rest
Sydney can't meet St. Kilda in the GF, only the prelim.
God, do I get it wrong sometimes

Be thankful I am not suggesting tips for the weekend

*Goes off to ponder even more ridiculous combinations (and I don't even have the excuse of being blonde )
Old 09-05-2005, 02:58 AM   #184
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl

Fuck no!!! It'll make living here unbearable! Especially if the team Lleyton supports win!
That's why I can't stand the Weagles. Before the Dockers came along the news in WA consisted of:

What did the Eagles do today? What are they doing tomorrow? What are they planning for the weekend So yeah, I feel your pain. Apparently though it can't happen, so never listen to anything I say

Old 09-05-2005, 03:24 AM   #185
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Well it's bad enough they're playing next week. I'm hiding till Sunday
Old 09-05-2005, 04:15 AM   #186
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl

Hewitt cant stand him!
Old 09-05-2005, 05:03 AM   #187
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius

I'm actually supporting the Swans. Being a Sydney-sider (to an extent) - I mean I won't be slitting my wrists if they lose this weekend, but it would be nice to see them win. I've met Michael O'Laghlain... good kid, good sense of humour.

I recall the firsrt year I was in Australia they lost painfully to North Melbourne in the final... thus went any chance of me closely following the support. I remember having our hopes up some point in 1999-2000 at some point too.

Would be nice to see them win, I'm all for shattering Melbourne's elitism.
Supporting the Swans because of an utter disinterest in Melbourne is fine by me! Did you guys live in these parts when the NRL and Superleague were going through their classy little war? Now they were bad times. People changing team support, I can semi understand, but not entire codes! I happen to believe people who follow rugby league are mentally deficient in ways not yet known to modern medicine, so again my bias speaks louder than reason. But I'd rather suffer hearing speculation on how many Weetbix the Weagles might do, than hear another story on how tyhe fucking (Canterbury) Bulldogs are misunderstood and pressure makes them gang raping salary cap swinging racists! How can anyone follow this shitarsed excuse for a fucking sport is beyond me!

Anyway...I am too scared to check my online tips. I think I bombed on all 4 matches this past weekend. Somehow it will be Tania's fault.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:21 AM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I like Melbourne, but the elitism is just frustrating. I think they have been on a bit of a de-tox course in the past 10 years and probably accept that Brisbane, Adeladie & Perth teams are peers to them... the final nail in the coffin would be Sydney. I actually do quite like Sydney...

Super League was awesome... those were the days - I was in NZ for most of the pre-shit, but was here for the 1997 SuperLeague season... it was awesome. I loved SuperLeague. I detest Canterbury with a passion, 3 years ago at Warriors vs Bulldogs final my phone was stolen from my pocket by a Bulldogs supporter who proceeded to txt members of my family in my phone book with racist remarks pertaining to my New Zealand heritage... cocks. We won by 30.

Cricket is the great equaliser in Australia.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:33 AM   #189
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Supporting the Swans because of an utter disinterest in Melbourne is fine by me! Did you guys live in these parts when the NRL and Superleague were going through their classy little war? Now they were bad times. People changing team support, I can semi understand, but not entire codes! I happen to believe people who follow rugby league are mentally deficient in ways not yet known to modern medicine, so again my bias speaks louder than reason. But I'd rather suffer hearing speculation on how many Weetbix the Weagles might do, than hear another story on how tyhe fucking (Canterbury) Bulldogs are misunderstood and pressure makes them gang raping salary cap swinging racists! How can anyone follow this shitarsed excuse for a fucking sport is beyond me!

Anyway...I am too scared to check my online tips. I think I bombed on all 4 matches this past weekend. Somehow it will be Tania's fault.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:12 AM   #190
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:21 PM
Adeliade and PA are gonna smash each other so yea the eagles will have a fun time playing the winner... it would be nuts if it was a Sydney PA grand final coz my little bro goes for PA and has been giving me greif all season!!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #191
Jesus Online

I'd much rather we face Port than the Crows! I dont know why, but I have this mental block against the Crows and think we can never beat them if it matters. Weird, I know

Which reminds me, I need to get my tips in.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:43 AM   #192
Jesus Online

Ha!! Hahaha!!!!!1 haaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Suck shit, Geelong!
:badsportsmanship:
Old 09-10-2005, 04:46 AM   #193
New Yorker

I purposely didn't support THAT team and DIDN'T watch the game just for youse, Anna.

Hope ya love me, maaate!
Old 09-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

Both games have been outstanding so far.....lets hope the crows hold on
Old 09-11-2005, 01:11 AM   #195
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by Tania
I purposely didn't support THAT team and DIDN'T watch the game just for youse, Anna.

Hope ya love me, maaate!
I thought of you, funnily enough! I actually fell asleep about 9.30pm and was pissed off anyway, determined they couldn't win such a painful game. But I woke to the great news and thought 'Tania must have gone out... '

Did the Crows win too, B_M? I'd hoped they would. It didn't look like Port could win after the 3rd.