The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The england game was shockingly bad and does nothing for my confidence.

Same old sven and his poor subs, wtf was subbing owen for and leaving crouch up alone for ? who was he supposed to head balls to ?

Putting hargreaves on was proving the sven critics right , he deserves the place in the team and has been crowned the new heskey.

England burned out very quickly and the 2nd half was piss poor.

At least the england fans were full of cheer as eva.

Wow Argentina X I. Coast so far , was the best game .

Gotta tell ya :

1st I Coast is really a good team 2nd Argentina got lucky really lucky they missed that goal in that headie in the 1st half , it all looked like it was gonna into a tie , if wasnt also that fool goal of Saviola . Coast was leading the game well , but their defense acted fooly in that goal . The last 25 minutes , was really hard to Argentina , after their coach took out the strikers , it was like they were literally wanting the game to end earlier .

alright, here's my thoughts:

1. i was upset with england after the game, but then i remembered how bloody hot it was there... they can't force the play the whole time. but still... look at germany yesterday... THAT'S how you wanna play.

2. replacing owen with a winger was dumb... even though owen didn't look fit. he probably won't be by the time the tourney's over.

3. WHY did we bring walcott and then not play him for owen as the sub??? that would have been a great time to throw him in. we should have brought defoe.

4. beckham was solid in the first half, less noticeable in the second. had some trouble with his passes/crosses. nevertheless, a good showing.

5. gerrard wasn't on. decent on the defensive side of the ball though with some nice challenges.

6. this win coupled with sweden's draw, pretty much already insures we're advancing. yes... i'm speaking too soon.

7. if owen is taking this long to regain form, how long will it take rooney??

CKONE said:

1. 32
2. Qualify through leagues within their area/confederation.
3. Yes
4. 90mins
5. 1 point each in the group stage or extra time and penalties to decide amatch in the knock out stage!

Thanks!:up:

No BTW check out the Scores thread as well mates , and put ur bets there.

ntalwar said:
Anyone disagree with Sunday winners:
Netherlands

Sure hope so!!
I'm gonna go to bed early.
Sleep for a few hours.
Then wake up at 5.45 AM.
I might go watch the game on a big screen in a cafe with other Dutchies
Or I'm gonna stay in bed and listen to Dutch radio online.
Should be fun too.

Miringeltje said:

Then wake up at 5.45 AM.
I might go watch the game on a big screen in a cafe with other Dutchies
Or I'm gonna stay in bed and listen to Dutch radio online.
Should be fun too.

Insanely early, but good luck!

J_NP said:
No BTW check out the Scores thread as well mates , and put ur bets there.

OK - You first. :wink:

Last edited:
ntalwar said:
Insanely early, but good luck!

Yeah, that's why I'm pretty certain I'll end up going for the "stay in bed and listen to the Dutch radio online".
'Cause I'm not a early morning person at all!
I don't have ESPN or ESPN2.
So I can't watch it at home.
Otherwise I would have crawled out of bed and on to the couch.
Luckily the other group matches are at a more decent time: 9 AM and 12 PM.

Well, 1 game into the tournament & my optimism is already waning, worst game of tournament so far. If England are to succeed it will be inspite of that bumbling tactical lightweight eriksson, rather than because of him, still, I should imagine he's happy, 3 points in the bag, & plenty of fresh German skirt for him to chase.

^ Agreed, I was pretty impressed during the first half - we seemed to be playing pretty well....

But the last 45 mins was an embarresment :huh: I can't see us getting too far if that's how we continue to play.. Oh well, three points anyway.

Hihihi!
:giggle:

I'm watching the game!
From my home.
I don't have ESPN.
But decided to check all the channels.
And like I suspected one of the Spanish language / Mexico networks (Univision) is broadcasting World Cup games as well.

So I'm watching TV with the sound off and listening to Dutch radio.
It's funny though.
'Cause the sound is like a minute behind.

But The Netherlands is leading with 1 - 0 !!!

Yup , the Left-Striker Robben is absolutely great , he's been the best player of the cup so far , brilliant , hopes we get more goals and excitement this 2nd half.

Man - that's a lot of orange in the crowd.:ohmy:

Yeah - Robben looks awesome.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Dutch will provide us with some penalties entertainment in the future rounds:drool:

:wink:

facepaint.jpg

wow, Mexico won :rockon:

I'm happy for Sanchez, he did a great game, I'm sure his father is proud of him, also Marquez was awesome today

and my father and I agreed that Fonseca is much better than Borguetti, also Zinha (his goal was great) is way better than Torrado

MMM so far except from Trinidad , every score made sense so far . Lets see how 'Family Scolari' goes .

Went back to bed when the game ended.

Thought the first half was better than the second one, which was kinda boring.

Agree that Robben played well.
Although there were some times that he started to be a bit selfish.

But the most important thing is that The Netherlands won!

LJT said:
Hopefully the Dutch will provide us with some penalties entertainment in the future rounds:drool:

:wink:

:no:
Please not!
Sweat is breaking out already.
I can't count the number of times, that we didn't get through to the next round, because the decision had to be made with penalties.

The Dutch have got to be the worst penalty takers ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom