The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #406
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC
I am finally allowed to post back here today (thank you, Sicy).

Wonders what was all that about ....

Not so sure I would say that mate , everytime Argentina comes as favorite and all , well you saw what happened in 2005 ......
Again not tryin to say anything , but you beat a already beaten team , a team beaten by it's own members . As for Brazil , ya know they still played 23% of what they can do , so I would wait to say anything against them

Old 06-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #407
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP

Not so sure I would say that mate , everytime Argentina comes as favorite and all , well you saw what happened in 2005 ......
Again not tryin to say anything , but you beat a already beaten team , a team beaten by it's own members . As for Brazil , ya know they still played 23% of what they can do , so I would to say anything against them
I would never underestimate Brazil. They are the best team still by level of players and we will always respect them. My sense is that they will wake up on Sunday and destroy Australia as they have a point to prove.

I'm just happy and hopeful by the way we played. But, as I mentioned later, we have not won a thing yet. We have to go step by step.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #408
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

No need to get into details. I was wrong about something and had to pay the price for it. Fair enough.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #409
An Interferer

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:

I'm that you can post here again.

Quote:
being 1st or 2nd should either face them with Mexico or Portugal in the round of 16, not a huge difference.
If Portugal and Mexico indeed become 1st and 2nd in group D:
I think my preference would be, if the Netherlands played Mexico in the next round seeing that the Netherlands lost from Portugal in the semi-finals of the European Championships in 2004 and won from Mexico in a friendly match before the World Cup started.

Dutch critics, commentators, fans and players all agree that the Netherlands didn't play well this game.

Not like the next World Champion.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:34 PM   #410
New Yorker

I gotta tell ya , whoevers gets Portugal already will be a mess , even it's Argentina with all their guns already working , Portugal is a team I expect a lot , sure they need a big time , to score more goals and all , but with that coach Scolari , and a team with Deco , Figo , Pauleta and their Ronaldo , you got to give some respect to this team , be sure that whatever team they face , Argentina or even Brazil , it will be very hard to beat Portugal , write what I say.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:44 PM
Quote:

Well, a team can play poorly but the other team has to play well to score six times against them.

Not hard scoring 6 times when the other team plays as bad as Serbia did.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #412
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Miringeltje

Best game?
Really?

Don't think so at all.
Not a lot of action.
Kinda low tempo.

Didn't see that either.

3 goals in first halftime and loads of opportunities to score in second on both sides isn't a lot of action and high tempo?

You didn't see the several times IC players got knocked down/pulled down in the penalty area?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #413
New Yorker

BTW I JUST SAW I had forget but I bet correctly last game's score , I had put Hol 2 - 1 I Coast Let's see if I get right this one now as well , I Put Mexico 3-1 .
Old 06-16-2006, 02:49 PM   #414
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by toscano
Germany has seen off England every time they've met in a major tournament over the last 39 years. In front of their home crowd, with England having shown next to nothing to worry them, why wouldn't they WANT to meet England ?
Well, as I've said before ENGLAND are pacing themselves, btw, what was the score the last time we met the boxheads in the fatherland?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:54 PM   #415
Refugee

Quote:

What a masterpiece.

Argentina 6 - Serbia 0.

Be afraid, Brazil, be very afraid.
Yeah, be afraid Brazil, that 3rd place spot is looking like being wrapped up by the argies.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #416
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I gotta tell ya , whoevers gets Portugal already will be a mess , even it's Argentina with all their guns already working , Portugal is a team I expect a lot , sure they need a big time , to score more goals and all , but with that coach Scolari , and a team with Deco , Figo , Pauleta and their Ronaldo , you got to give some respect to this team , be sure that whatever team they face , Argentina or even Brazil , it will be very hard to beat Portugal , write what I say.
Maybe. I can probably make a more informed call after I see them play tomorrow against Iran.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #417
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm

Yeah, be afraid Brazil, that 3rd place spot is looking like being wrapped up by the argies.
Just hope you do not have to play Germany in the round of 16 and you end up facing Ecuador... playing the Germans in Germany, who are looking for revenge, can be pretty wild. I still think England will show much more in the next couple of games to come and that they are a team to watch, with a lot of talent.

Again, it is still early. It is tough to predict who will be in the final. All I know is that, today, we kicked butt.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #418
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl

Not hard scoring 6 times when the other team plays as bad as Serbia did.
Maja, Serbia received 1 goal in all the qualifying rounds. Even if they sucked today, scoring 6 times against them deserves some merit. Especially scoring that marvelous second goal...

Old 06-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #419
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Miringeltje

I'm that you can post here again.

If Portugal and Mexico indeed become 1st and 2nd in group D:
I think my preference would be, if the Netherlands played Mexico in the next round seeing that the Netherlands lost from Portugal in the semi-finals of the European Championships in 2004 and won from Mexico in a friendly match before the World Cup started.

Dutch critics, commentators, fans and players all agree that the Netherlands didn't play well this game.

Not like the next World Champion.
Ciao, Miri!!!

You might have a point. Portugal may play better than Mexico. We will see what happens after this next couple of games.

All I am saying is that, in theory, both Argentina and the Netherlands should have a winnable match in the round of 16 (no England, Germany, Spain, Italy or the Czech Republic to face... ).
Old 06-16-2006, 03:16 PM   #420
New Yorker

Something tells me it will be :

Portugal X Argentina (So in a way we would have a BRA X ARG already)

Mexico X Holland