The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2006, 06:20 AM   #376
Refugee

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
because england didn't bury half their chances, they get flogged?

i don't get it. everywhere i go, people say england sucked ass. this was WAAAY better than their opener.

lampard had a great game, he 7ust had no finish. he made lots of opportunities for himself.

still, the man of the match has to go to beckham. he's been on every goal so far, some fantastic crosses (and some unfortunate dodgy free kicks...)
*From non-English supporter of England*

I agree, I don't get why everyone is so negative. This was a million times better than the first game, although it's true the pace wasn't fast enough. Still England completely dominated the game from start to finish, saying T&T deserved a draw is pushing it IMO. It was a well-deserved victory for England, although props to T&T for a great defense. Many times England was really close to score and you could feel they would do it eventually.

Lots of 'big' teams haven't been that impressive so far. Brazil, France, Holland. I don't think it means much at this point, if only that it's a great World Cup to watch because there is also real quality from the smaller teams IMO.

***Ok, this is the first time I ever post something in a sports forum! World Cup fever must really be getting to me... Now back to work... ***

Old 06-16-2006, 06:38 AM   #377
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:18 PM
Crouch should not play..

Owen & Rooney should play

With Gerrard, Lampard and Lennon behind them

Old 06-16-2006, 07:12 AM   #378
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
i guess everyone just likes to lay into the English team.
The English team is way over-hyped by their own media. This is just what happens when they fail to live up to the high expectations. If they want respect then they need to deliver on the world stage, otherwise they are just a bunch of over-paid stars that can't play as a team.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #379
Refugee

Local Time: 12:18 AM
some nice supporter pics from the ENG-TAT game in nuremberg
part1: http://www.fcn.de/index.php?id=12175 (scroll down for posh-spice)

part2: http://www.fcn.de/index.php?id=12177
Old 06-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #380
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by karls77

The English team is way over-hyped by their own media. This is just what happens when they fail to live up to the high expectations. If they want respect then they need to deliver on the world stage, otherwise they are just a bunch of over-paid stars that can't play as a team.
Make Gerrard the captain of English - and he should play at lampards position...

England would have beaten T&T by 5-1 or something like that
Old 06-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #381
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan

Make Gerrard the captain of English - and he should play at lampards position...

England would have beaten T&T by 5-1 or something like that
and beckham doesnt deserve to be captain ? he has been fucking great for us of late, dont forget he has been the key factor in all of our goals and the ebst crosser we have had.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:00 AM   #382
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
because england didn't bury half their chances, they get flogged?
Agreed. If England came away with a 4-0 or 5-0 win nobody would be bothered with the dodgy freekicks, missed chances, or poor passes. These are things you can address for the next game and I believe we will. In all honesty I thought the performance was poor but T&T were not exactly all over us as people seem to believe. One goal line clearance from Terry doesn't compare with the heaps of chances we really should have punished T&T with.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:32 AM   #383
New Yorker

Yeah argentina is playing correctly but I DID expect so much more from Serbia .... shame shame shame , I'm as disappointed with Serbia as with Ucraine .
Old 06-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Why didn't Serbia attack more in the first half? It's like watching Spain walk all over Ukraine.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #385
New Yorker

Jesus Christ , my lasts comments went for nothing We should change the name of this thread from the WC thread for the English Football Team Thread ...... For God's Sake give a rest to england , lets talk about today's and upcoming games ......
Old 06-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #386
New Yorker

This Serbia team ...... Holy Shit had no idea they were so bad .... horrible horrible horrible ...... they asked for the goals , how come they go to play a foul and they put a ball back to the GK ? Then he kicks in , the argentianians take the ball and score one more ...... Horrible team , it seems that the political division damaged them really badly ..... I may be wrong but I even saw sometimes , a guy that wouldnt pass the ball to a certain other . Really sad this team .......
Old 06-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #387
Blue Crack Addict

Unbelievable... 6-0?!? I thought for sure Serbia would press on in the second halftime.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie

6-0

fabulous performance from argentina.

Cambiasso's goal that was the best team goal i've seen in a long long time.

Argentina are starting to look the real deal now. look very good attacking-wise. Their defence still looks a bit weak at times but they could be in real contention for the cup.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #389
New Yorker

Just 4 facts , not tryin to diminish Argentina's match , yeah they played well , they played like 'brazilians' or good south-americans for that matter , anyway the thing is about Serbia

1- The coach messed up badly , he didnt call for the cup , his best player : Dejan Petkovic who plays in Brazil , instead he called his own son , which was even worse for the relation of the team

2-This " Team " , THEY CHANGED PUNCHS ! in the half of the game with Holland

3-Besides own 'bad' participation of the coach , do I need to remember that this is a political divided team ? from now 2 different countries ?

4-When the game was already , they lost the head , and started to play like ..... some teams that like to play 'phisically' , and they lost their best player on field Kezman , or Kelman dont remember , so they stood for about 25 minutes with one less , that turned them into a even easier victim

Anyway the point is , Argentina was always a favorite , it's not coz they beat a drunk and already beaten they are now better , and if for that matter , we should put Spain among the favorites as well.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #390
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:18 PM
I wish I could have seen this game live, will have to watch in the evening. I heard Messi was awesome.