The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of the game had a bit of emotion , felt sorry for the Polonia's GK , the poor bastard , best in the match , had no blame in the goal , and after ir , He stayed sit in the floor , with a down face , poor guy ......

One Thing I just noticed , if Ecuador wins tomorrow like 2-0 , and they manage to get a draw with germany , they are gonna be 1st in the group . :wink: Funny coz , now I remember U2@Arg's comment about Ecuador's luck in the group , anyway the big thing is .......... There's this good chance of Germany end in 2nd on the group , and if so , and if things go normal on Group B , We will already have a

GERMANY X ENGLAND

On the round of 16 :drool: I can smell the classic already.

Oh how cool would it be for us to play Germany and fucking kick their ass badly lol.

German crowds have been piss poor , if it wasnt for the names of the towns they have been playing in i wouldnt of known it was hosted in germany.

After seeing Spain today, I will have to put them as the best team of the tournemment so far, although Ukraine were unlucky with the penalty. Tunisia v S.Africa was another entertaining match. I would like S.Africa to qualify for the second round, considering they would have been hosting the tournement this year if it wasn't for some underhand bribary of FIFA officials during the bidding process. I think all of the African teams have played really well so far,

The first half of the Germany-Poland match was dull.

vaz02 said:
Oh how cool would it be for us to play Germany and fucking kick their ass badly lol.

Well, so far German players have scored 5 goals, English none. Hope does spring eternal though.

Hopefully we will get the meeting you wish for, Germany/England in big tournaments over the the last 39 years always ends up the right way.......namely.......

priceless.jpg

Face paint - £5.
Football shirt - £40.
The look on their faces when they get knocked out of yet another tournament...
PRICELESS.

J_NP said:
Oh Shit :sad: Jeeez Now I'm really sad

This is bloody unfair , nothing against my aussie brothers here , but this australian team is nothing but a pugilist team , wanted to see those rugby players out soon

And for Japan ....... Feel really bad , really really really ......That was completely unfair . Dude Zico had done such a great job , these guys were getting better ...... Feel really sorry

Nothing really unfair about it.... Japan played abysmally for most of the game. A poor effort from a team I do admire. I was hoping they would snag 2nd spot in the group, but that seems unlikely now.

Seems like someone forgot to tell you that football is a contact sport. Injuries, and especially serious ones, are expected to and do happen. Take Cisse for example.

I'll probably be dismissed as bias, but there was absolutely nothing illegitimate about the way Australia played. If there was, we got punished. 4 yellow cards, and we are now considering resting Neill and Moore, our two best defenders (in an otherwise weak defence) for the Brazil game.

Some attack Australia's aggressive approach to the Dutch match in which 4 first team players sustained injuries. In the end, all players were fine by the Serbia-Montenegro match, and were only really classified as injured and taken off as a precautionary measure.

I think most football purists would agree that the physically aggressive attack on the ball (Which WAS on the ball, not on the man as some like to suggest) is a greater team attribute than the blatant diving that was exhibited by Japan against Australia, and of which has been almost perfected by players such as Christiano Ronaldo, a few Spanish and South American players and some of the Togolese against Korea Rep. among many others.

Players should always be attempting to get and take possession of the ball. Legs might be broken, shins might be bruised, but as long as the physical aggression is legal and in accordance with the laws outlined by FIFA, physical aggression is and should be part and parcel of the beautfiul game. That's football. Not being ineffectively fancy or diving around like Chantele Newbery.

Japan should have had a penalty in the last 10 minutes, I'll agree with that, but at the end of the day, Australia's physically aggressive approach was all fair and legal, and for many neutrals I've heard from, fun to watch.

Even the Poms have often been associated as being a hard, somewhat violent side, yet no one whinges about them.

If you don't like legitimate physical contact in a physical contact sport, go play basketball or some other wimps game like that....

bonsai said:

The first half of the Germany-Poland match was dull.

I thought the entire Germany-Poland match was fantastic. Who said these two sides play dour football?

Klinsmann has his critics, and perhaps rightfully so, but I'm enjoying watching this German side. Schweinsteiger, Frings and Podolski are all livewires, and Ballack is endlessly entertaining to watch. He'll probably prove ineffective at Chelsea though and his career may be left in ruins, especially as he is approaching 30.

Spain were the 2nd most impressive team after the first set of matches I reckon, just behind the Czechs. Ukraine were very poor, I hope Saudi or Tunisia advance to the Second Round cause it would be good for either the CAF or AFC, and Ukraine will probably prove ineffective and will just make up the numbers. Might come up against the French or Koreans and could get smashed. Korea impressed me with their second half performance. Togo were admirable but undisciplined.

The Ecuador-Costa Rica game could be a classic. I'm hoping T&T do to England what they did to Sweden. C'mon Shaka! Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Paraguay defeat Sweden.

Netherlands - Ivory Coast could be the best match of the group stage.....bring it on.

Disappointment of the TOURNAMENT so far - France, Sweden, Ukraine, USA

Surprise package - Ivory Coast, Spain ( well surprised me atleast), Ghana

Best Teams - Portugal, Spain, Argentina, Germany, Czech

Can play better - Holland, England, Brazil ..

Hope the likes of France and USA improve in their second match

AcrobatMan said:
Disappointment of the TOURNAMENT so far - France, Sweden, Ukraine, USA

Surprise package - Ivory Coast, Spain ( well surprised me atleast), Ghana

Best Teams - Portugal, Spain, Argentina, Germany, Czech

Can play better - Holland, England, Brazil ..

spain have always under achieveed for they hardly a suprised package considerign their talent.

Germany have played poor in all fairness, they have just had a easy group.

COME ON ENGLAND.

So happy spain won, they're my second team cause australia hasn't been there for 32 years so i've supported them. Good to see Raul get some game time hope he gets back to full fitness soon enough. I'd be happy for australia to beat them in the final :D

You guys just saw , with this goal of Ecuador , my predictions are turning real , with one more draw between them and Germany , and if the british doesnt screw around on Group , there's coming the classic.....

BTW does anyone agree with me that Ecuador are the best playing South Americans so far ?

As we are all U2 and footie fans on this thread I thought you would all appreciate this:- (apologies if you have already seen it)

"With Or Without Roo"

Has the bone set in your toe?
Has it healed you want to know
We’ll wait and see

Is England so really great?
In my bed at night I lie awake
And I think is it just me?

With or without Roo
With or without Roo

Now you know we cannot score
So Crouch is tall but I want Moore
And I miss old Wembley

With or without Roo
With or without Roo
We won’t win
With or without Roo

And you kid yourself we’ll win
And you kid
And you kid

England have tried
But it’s no use, Sven’s motto is
Who cares who wins – I’ve
Nothing left to lose

And you kid
And you kid

With or without Roo
With or without Roo
We won’t win
With or without Roo

:lmao: Fantastic this one

Thought there's this one thing I must confess , you know before this cup , and all of the news , I've never heard before this guy , I only started to understand , coz when he got hurt , they said that it was like Brazil losing Ronaldinho . I gotta tell ya , still have to watch one game of him , what's he like , a skilled striker with good speed and all ? Is he good in dribbling like Owen as well ? What was his top games in this season ?

Fantastic goal by Ecuador :D Wow I'm really liking this team so far . Crazy to see how Germany will act against them

J_NP said:
:lmao: Fantastic this one

Thought there's this one thing I must confess , you know before this cup , and all of the news , I've never heard before this guy , I only started to understand , coz when he got hurt , they said that it was like Brazil losing Ronaldinho . I gotta tell ya , still have to watch one game of him , what's he like , a skilled striker with good speed and all ? Is he good in dribbling like Owen as well ? What was his top games in this season ?

He is 20 years old. His champs league debut he scored a hat trick for man utd. He is better than Owen at any age. He is probably better than Cascoigne at his peak and he is still has lots to learn. He used to box and is built like a brick shithouse with great skill and speed. Can have an evil temperament but is beginning to control it now.

He is a great talent but bearing in mind our team overall we will win it with or without him!

Interesting ...... no wonder I've heard somebody , not so sure it was a german or english journalist , talking to brazilians , and saying that Rooney was probably the most "brazilian " player today of the eng team , and was the one who could enter in the brazil's team.

AcrobatMan said:

i'd expect France to beat Korea, but if they can't score goals...

and the USA would have to improve a hell of a lot if they are going to beat Italy, i doubt they can improve that much. but i do expect them to play better than against the Czechs.

J_NP said:
Interesting ...... no wonder I've heard somebody , not so sure it was a german or english journalist , talking to brazilians , and saying that Rooney was probably the most "brazilian " player today of the eng team , and was the one who could enter in the brazil's team.

I can think of 3 defenders that Brazil wouldnt mind having - Terry, Ferdinand and Cole!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom